Opinion needed on this ad

You say "don't mind the text", but without seeing some actual placeholder-ish content I will still ask this question:
Will the majority of your customer base understand just model numbers? I'm not referring to something like "RJ45___", but rather "CR8000M-250D" or how it differs from the nearby marked "CR8000XP-250D" (with each having a similar looking thumbnail at that image size).

If the answer is "no", you should include more relevant (yet succinct) details to get people interested and actually want to click the link that I'm assuming will be on each individual product.

Try taking a few subtle and implicit pointers from other e-mail blasts that actually got you interested in clicking the link in the e-mail for guidance. Try signing up for e-mail alerts from other competitors (preferably to a yahoo or generic email account). Personally, I kinda like the presentation behind some of the Newegg e-mail blasts. Sign up with them if you haven't already; those should give some ideas.

Most of the customers will know what those model numbers are. They are security camera/phone system installlers. But I agree, I do need to somewhat include more detail content on the particular product. Anyting i can do graphically?

Last edited:
Some thoughts:

- Try grouping by relevancy. Throw some products that work together in a "bigger picture" concept, project, or implementation. If a CCTV system usually needs a couple adapters, or extra cameras, that would be one possible group. You don't have to group by price, but visually grouping makes things look more like a "complete solution".
(An exception would be your "Telephone Specials" group, which seems very relevant to group those.)

- Add a subtle color border around various groups. As it is now, there's a ton of white space around each product, and barely any grey indicating an end of one group and the start of another. If the business that will be blasting this out has a few company colors, then there is your starting pallette.

- Think less in lists. Every group is 2x3, which can get boring after a while. Mix it up some in placements. A little variety goes a long way.

PTNL, im going to experiment with grouping. Think u may be right on that.

Back