Open link in new tab...

• Thread starter Deleted member 88227
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 88227

Doesn't seem to work on the site here anymore. Usually when I am browsing the GenHard forum, I like to click the hardware links people link to in a separate tab. Makes comparing them much easier, however this doesn't seem to work here anymore.

Usually I can click the middle mouse wheel, new tab. I even tried holding down ctrl when left clicking, still no go.

Some links work, like bread crumbs (which I wish was at the bottom as well), topics & forums.

Surely this isn't something on my end causing this. :confused:

Should mention in adcvance, Using chrome.

Almost every single link does this for me now. Whether I try to force a new tab, or it's a link that would normally force it's own.

Frustrating. bahaha

Thought I'd chime in.

Yeah I am on chrome as well, let me try firefox right quick. Might be a chrome issue.

edit
It does appear to be a Chrome only issue. I just tested with Firefox, links opened in a new tab like they should.

I'm getting the same thing on FF 8.0 but it seems to be with Amazon, Tigerdirect and Newegg links.

*edit*
I should state that I can mouse wheel click them and then they will open in a new tab but if I left click they don't. ThinkGeek one works fine though.

Last edited:
Right click, open in new tab.

Takes all of 1-2 seconds more ;)

It is only newegg and amazon links though I think, just tried a tigerdirect one and I could just click on it normally and it would open in a new tab.

Chrome as well.

Can you provide to links to posts/threads please. Not seeing it all links.

Right click, open in new tab.

Takes all of 1-2 seconds more ;)

It is only newegg and amazon links though I think, just tried a tigerdirect one and I could just click on it normally and it would open in a new tab.

Chrome as well.

What's weird is those links which appear to be inserted automatically by the forum will open in a new tab when I middle wheel click them.

It looks like some javascript is hooking onto certain links and preventing proper ctrl-click functionality. If you inspect the element it has target="_blank", which is what tells the web browser to open in a new tab. Turning off javascript and refreshing the page causes the links in question to behave as one would expect

does the same on Opera as well its not opening on an new tab so when i click on an picture it closes the tab (there is an bin that i can restore tabs from not an big issue)

google chrome does open it in an new tab when picture is clicked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back