Online retailers that accept P.O.s

PSYKOMANTIS

[H]ard|Gawd
I work for a pretty large college. From time to time I buy hardware for dev systems my department builds.

These dev systems are used in CAD drawing all the way to systems built for our 3D Game Programmer classes.

So with all that in mind we can only purchase from vendors that accept P.O.s only (purchase orders).

It's quite a pain in the ass because companies like ZIPZOOMFLY or NEWEGG don't accept P.Os. They always have the latest hardware, on-time, and the website is great for getting a quick price up to the minute.

Mainly, my question is does anybody deal with a NEWEGG-like company that accepts P.O. orders???

Second I need a company to offer online updates of latest products and availability.

Third I need this company to offer quick shipping and great prices.

I've tried CDW:
-Complete ripoff!
-Never has latest hardware

Our current Insigh:
-Incompitent sales associates
-Late with product
-Terrible website

I'm really in a pickle people.
Can anybody help me out with the vendors you use?

Thanks.

are you buying a lot of product? If you are, the university could probably get an account to buy direct from the manufacturers. They almost certainly can use your purchase order numbers. Thats what most large corporations do.

We really don't buy allot of product most of the time.

For example I got a project to create PVR type systems for satelite video conferences.

So I'd order 3 mobos, 3 procs, 3 AIW type vid cards, memory etc etc.

I leave the larger BULK-type purchases to the IT project managers and department chairs.

I have an account at PC Connection for just what your talking about. Their prices are ok, have a huge selection, and really good customer service and they take purchase orders. If you need to buy a large amount of something, call them and ask for a quote. They will usually discount it a liitle.

Once you get an account all set up, they will send you information on how to log onto thier IT Connection site. You can set up all kinds of things there. Like for instance, if you periodacly order inkjet cartridges, you can have a list saved called Inkjet will all the cartridges you need so you don't have to relook for them.

Anyways, check them out at www.pcconnection.com

OK thanks! This is pretty much what I'm looking for.

THANKS!

This is great!

Plus they accept government and educational discounts!

PSYKOMANTIS said:
OK thanks! This is pretty much what I'm looking for.

THANKS!

This is great!

Plus they accept government and educational discounts!
You're Welcome. I have been using them for about 5 yrs now, and all is well.

Back