Online Overclocking Database Launched!

Today June 18, we are launching a very complete and comprehensive Overclocking database we think on the planet so far, We already have over 600 entries taken from the "The Official Core 2 OverClocking Database" found here on [H] http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1138241 , and have expanded the database to take AMD and Corei7 overclocks as well.

As some of you may know mentok1982 started this in July of 2006, and I took over on December 2006, and since 2006 have kept doing the Intel Core2Duo database for 2 and a half years BY HAND! Now with the help and webmastering of "gose", we have made the Overclocking database a Live online database.

Some new features for this online database compared to the old database include temps for idle and load, longer entry fields for what type of cooling your running, you can sort each column with ease, you can even see a % of overclock you have, with each entry you click you can see picures of the members validation screenshot and even a pic of their system itself. The "Keyword Filter" is a new and easy way to search for anything among the 600+ current entires, like who is using the same cooler as you and so on. A nice new and improved stats page, for example which brand of cooler or even motherboard is the masses using the most. Best of all if your new you can create your own account, make a submission with a validation screenshot of prime95 4+ hours stability, post your overclocking entry, and even edit it if you get new gear, or even add anohter entry for another system.

NOTE* If you're a current database participant already, and you see your username in the database, PM meXyour email address and I'll link the two together so you can edit your past entries.

You may also click "Feedback" and leave us some comments on what you would like to see added.

All this being said I will no longer update the image database on [H] please head over to our online database, to submit and edit your entry.

We are proud to annouce our new online database located at its new home! :D

www.cpuoverclockers.com

The CPU filter is based off actual entries. Once users start posting i7's, they'll show up in the filter.

This will be very useful, hopefully you guys can start adding statistics functions later. Will have to bookmark this for referencing later and to help people out when they start those "how far can i go" threads.

hey i got a question.. on the screen shots you want prime95.. and i do distributed computing and do not want to waste 4 hours running p95 on its own.. any chance i could just show my distributed computing apps running.. since they have been going for well over a week now..

nvm scratch that.. im not going to bother taking my heatsink off to find my batch and week numbers..

the database is a good idea.. but really only useful for people that have just setup their system to overclock.. for the rest of us that have been running overclocked systems for months and even years its a little hard for us even post our overclocks in the database..

Last edited:
Should've wrote that stuff all down when you bought it new. :p

Actually, I believe you can find batch and week numbers on the retail box if you still have it. I'm at work and sort of too lazy to google for a retail box, but you can take a look.

This will be very useful, hopefully you guys can start adding statistics functions later. Will have to bookmark this for referencing later and to help people out when they start those "how far can i go" threads.

There is a stats link at the upper righthand side of the page, we will be adding more useful stats later.

Actually, I believe you can find batch and week numbers on the retail box if you still have it. I'm at work and sort of too lazy to google for a retail box, but you can take a look.

nah i dont have the retail box.. its been in my system for 3 1/2 months now.. why would i care what the batch number or week number is now.. it was writen down at one time.. but im not going to save that kind of information..

Yes the week and batch is found on the CPU retail box :)

wow.. i actually found the retail box in my closet.. thought i had thrown it away after i got it all setup..

now the question is.. where is the batch/week numbers.. only thing i see that would look like it.. is on the AMD sticker which has these series of numbers.. 80511048... im guessing the 11048 is the week numbers right?

hey i got a question.. on the screen shots you want prime95.. and i do distributed computing and do not want to waste 4 hours running p95 on its own.. any chance i could just show my distributed computing apps running.. since they have been going for well over a week now..

nvm scratch that.. im not going to bother taking my heatsink off to find my batch and week numbers..

the database is a good idea.. but really only useful for people that have just setup their system to overclock.. for the rest of us that have been running overclocked systems for months and even years its a little hard for us even post our overclocks in the database..

yes we need at least 4+ hours of prime95 or even orthos (prime95 gui) to prove stability to get on the database, but yes you can find it on your retail box the week and the batch.

wow.. i actually found the retail box in my closet.. thought i had thrown it away after i got it all setup..

now the question is.. where is the batch/week numbers.. only thing i see that would look like it.. is on the AMD sticker which has these series of numbers.. 80511048... im guessing the 11048 is the week numbers right?

Found this from amdgeeks

http://www.amdgeeks.net/images/explain_full.jpg

nope.. then its not on the retail box.. oh well.. almost gave it a second shot..

nope.. then its not on the retail box.. oh well.. almost gave it a second shot..

you can still enter your overclocking entries, without the week and batch. If you do enter an entry without the picture proving your Prime95 stable for 4+ hours, your entry will be dimmed from the rest, but will still be on there :) we are actually working on this now.

Wow, steal data from HF, then build your own site with it, publicize it on HF, then not even have the decency to give us a link or a nod on your site? Classy.

hey kyle, I know you posted at the oc database before with your processor sorry man should of gave you a heads up about the site we were working on. It'll save me alot of trouble from entering everything by hand, and making human errors, where as the database can calculate exactly the correct number of mobos and so on. I didnt think I was stealing the data? majority of it was inputing by me into an excel spreadsheet, but I do understand it was all from the [H] members...

Where were you getting the data from exactly? Did you pay for the servers and support the community where it was farmed from? How much money have you spent here building the community? Have you read the terms and conditions you agreed to use our services here for free?

The fact is I don't mind what is going on here. The fact is though that you have taken the information here with no regard to even etiquette. But now you are back using the servers and bandwidth I pay for to promote your site? That is bullshit at best bro. Not one link on your site to where you harvested the information from. Not one shout out to the community that supplied you with the data? This thread alone is a rule breaker.

I got all the data from here the database that I ran for 2 and a half years:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1138241

yes I understand that as a member this is a free service and as members we don't pay for the severs here.

As I type this we are referencing [H] on the website to give credit to where the users data came from, again sorry didn't mean to offend you or your site, but yes we are giving credit where credit is due :)

*edit - the links to [H] will be up today.

I got all the data from here the database that I ran for 2 and a half years:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1138241

yes I understand that as a member this is a free service and as members we don't pay for the severs here.

As I type this we are referencing [H] on the website to give credit to where the users data came from, again sorry didn't mean to offend you or your site, but yes we are giving credit where credit is due :)

*edit - the links to [H] will be up today.

I think at the least you should give the community credit for helping with the project for years is what I am saying.

Rules you agree to when using our free service.

ADVERTISING, site pimping, contests or any type of business promotion is not permitted. Soliciting for fraternal organizations, humanitarian causes or personal rewards is prohibited unless approved prior to posting.

All messages posted become the property of [H]ard|Forum.

By posting to the [H]ard|Forum, you agree to abide by the above rules and terms.

Yes for sure we will give credit to the [H] community and its overclockers that participated in the database. :)

Yes read the rules that you quouted, and apologize if we are advertising the online database, but we are not gaining any rewards from this at all, for the most part we are losing time and energy to get this up.. hahaha.. thanks for the clarification Kyle :D

Roger that. If there were ads on your pages and I felt as though you were doing it for profit instead of being a valuable part of the community, this thread would not be here.

Nice. Too bad I shipped out my last build with an overclocked i7 before I saw this database. :(

This is great!

Will you ever offer a chance to download the database? I ask because this would be an awesome tool to carry around for reference when I don't have direct access to the interwebs.

Looks like your cat was enjoying the heat from the PC.

yeah hahahah

This is great!

Will you ever offer a chance to download the database? I ask because this would be an awesome tool to carry around for reference when I don't have direct access to the interwebs.

I will have to ask gose about it, if in the future we will offer a direct download in maybe text format, thanks for the question :)

Back