OnePlus 5

I got a dust spot on my OP3 camera. Now it's visible on all pics..

I will be interested if it does have the IP67.

From @evleaks (Evan Blass) this morning.

C1CF5051-FBD1-4C5C-BE80-3C2E325FD33F.png

I accept that rounded corners are the thing for these new 18:9 screen but I'm glad it's very small in that image.
Aye. I think Huawei, OnePlus and Nokia (judging by 9 leaks) made the right choice. No rounded display corners or just slightly. No weird holes in display either. In other words: no useless gimmicks that actually hurt the usability.

If wireless charging could be done with an aluminum back, I'd be all in. I'm not a fan of all glass phones. It's one of my concerns about the X.
I can see how that can be a concern. I keep all of my phones in cases with pretty decent drop protection so the chances of the back shattering is pretty low for me. That's why I would prefer a glass back with wireless charging.

My wife needs a new phone now - I'd buy her a 3T (love mine) or 5 if they had anything to sell... Their F'ed up sales model is going to lose them a customer.

Swappa is a good source for used devices, there's plenty of 3T models out there for decent prices nowadays. OnePlus isn't Apple or Samsung, they don't have relatively unlimited sums of cash laying around to just keep producing devices for years on end, they make what they can then they move on so they can't really be faulted for doing what they can to survive. They're still the only smartphone maker willing to allow for customization and modifications of the bootloader that could render a device totally bricked and then replace it for the customer even if it's the customer that broke it by that sort of activity which is pretty damned cool IMO.

2 more weeks! :)

Swappa is a good source for used devices, there's plenty of 3T models out there for decent prices nowadays. OnePlus isn't Apple or Samsung, they don't have relatively unlimited sums of cash laying around to just keep producing devices for years on end, they make what they can then they move on so they can't really be faulted for doing what they can to survive. They're still the only smartphone maker willing to allow for customization and modifications of the bootloader that could render a device totally bricked and then replace it for the customer even if it's the customer that broke it by that sort of activity which is pretty damned cool IMO.
I sold my iPhone 7+ and OP 3T on Swappa this year. I'll sell my OP 5 there, too. Very well run site. The sales cost me only $20 and $15, respectively, compared to fleeceBay's 10% sales fees.

There's zero chance the 5T will be available on Verizon, right?

2 more weeks! :)

Until what? An announcement about a invitation only preorder that will last 15 minutes before they're sold out for two more weeks and they do it all over again?

Kidding aside, we're about to pull the trigger on a used 3T for her unless some concrete news comes out re: price and availability. we just picked up a 5 for her. Maybe I'll jump on the 5T - can't let her have a better phone than me :D

Last edited:
I think Nov 16th is the official announcement, with availability end of November

It will be an Amazon exclusive sale at launch. ( at least in India ) not sure worldwide, probably direct through OnePlus

Does rooting and installing custom ROM's completely stop OnePlus from secretly stealing your data ?

With that aside, I am super pumped for the OnePlus 5T, a 6" screen screen, near bezelless with the same spec's as the 5, and fingerprint scanner on the rear. That sounds like a great phone. Right now battery tests still show the OnePlus 5 as the battery champ between the Note 8, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus. And the 5T is rumored to have a larger battery

Does rooting and installing custom ROM's completely stop OnePlus from secretly stealing your data?
Generally yes. Any custom ROM maker worth their salt would strip out any crap like that and LineageOS obviously wouldn't include it either.

Since Google Camera is available for non-Pixel phones, I'm tracking the op5t pretty closely as my next phone.

Does rooting and installing custom ROM's completely stop OnePlus from secretly stealing your data ?

With that aside, I am super pumped for the OnePlus 5T, a 6" screen screen, near bezelless with the same spec's as the 5, and fingerprint scanner on the rear. That sounds like a great phone. Right now battery tests still show the OnePlus 5 as the battery champ between the Note 8, iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus. And the 5T is rumored to have a larger battery

I'm buying 2 unless the reveal is disappointing for some reason. These will be replacing iPhone 7 pluses.

Ps- I got the student discount working too . I graduated from grad school in 2006 but I'm still got their discount system working!

Price is rumored to be $599 or less.

Give me a good Samsung OLED and some camera improvements over the OP5 and that may be enough to have me return my iPhone X. Because at $599 or less, it would be hard for me to justify paying almost double for the X.

Give me a good Samsung OLED and some camera improvements over the OP5 and that may be enough to have me return my iPhone X. Because at $599 or less, it would be hard for me to justify paying almost double for the X.

Get the student discount working and 10% off that. Yeah if they don't screw this up I will gladly ditch my iPhone 7 plus. I won't pay $1,000 for animojis.

I was hoping it was the same price as the 5 but if it checks all the boxes at 599 and there is 128gb onboard then I can accept the price increase.

Ouch, so not only is it a frankenstein of Nougat and Oreo, it's not fully QA'd?
To be fair, the article noted that the download may not contain the most up-to-date version and bugs were a risk. Guess I proved them right. I just reflashed the XXX NoLimits Rom and my phone works fine now.

Just ordered a 5T. I'm still very content with my OPO but after spending time in some more remote areas it was clear that I needed to get a phone which supports all of the bands that Tmobile is using.

I had a sandstone OnePlus One and liked it very much. Will pass on the 5T version, though. My 5 is doing great and I want to see if OnePlus releases the 6 with an on-screen fingerprint scanner in a few months.

I'm running a Galaxy S7 (only purchased because I got it for $360 when T-Mobile had a sale a year ago), but I'm tempted to buy this and bump the Galaxy to my wife to replace her LG G4.

I can't imagine you'd be disappointed. I've had many flagships Samsung, LG, HTC and various Nexus devices and I haven't had one yet that beat my OnePlus 5 (non-T) for the money. Im considering selling my 5 for a T.

Wish they had the white on the base model.. 64GB of storage is more than enough for me... I really want to ditch my GS7 Edge but its still chugging along, battery is just getting worse now as its approaching 2 years old(I bought it used)

Back