RAM: 4 GB LPDDR4

Expected/Rumored Specs:
Display: 5.5" 1080p
Internal Storage: 16/64 GB
Back Camera: 16 MP
Front Camera: 5 MP

Expected Price: Starting at $349

Last edited:
Although I'm pretty sure what the answer will be, I assume this phone is a no-go on Verizon?

Although I'm pretty sure what the answer will be, I assume this phone is a no-go on Verizon?

I doubt we'd get a Verizon version. That being said, I'd sell my iPhone 6 for one of these if they sell a Verizon model

If they ramp up customer service then I would be interested in the Two. If you read some of the horror stories and hoops users have had to go through to get a replacement or their phone fixed, the cheaper price offsets the lack of actual service.

I had the OnePlus for about 6 months and it was a very good phone but it did have issues with connectivity and call reception but I went in as an early supporter so I expected some problems.

Overall it was a good experience but they are still young and learning as a company so I do expect more of the same with the Two.

Is the Oxygen OS still Android? Can I still access the Google Play store with it?
Edit: I found this interesting website called Gugle.. urr.. Google? Whatever it was it had the answer I was looking for.

Last edited:
Don't care about this device one damn bit. I still can't believe they can't get the touchscreen issues on the OnePlus One fixed after all this time. Why would I even bother with the OnePlus 2?

Oxygen OS is an android based rom made by the Team Paranoid, aka team who is not as greedy and backstabby as Cyanogen.

Even if they put Verizon's radios in this phone, I don't Verizon will officially support it.

Last edited:
Oxygen OS is an android based rom made by the Team Parandroid, aka team who is not as greedy and backstabby as Cyanogen.

That's hysterical. Especially with the fact that OxygenOS is closed source minus the kernel. :rolleyes:

YAY! Type C connectors! I ALWAYS wanted to go back to the days where the plug receptacle clips wore out and the cable wouldn't stay in...and I couldn't do anything about it! YAY!

So what will it be be another 16-18 months before you can buy the damned phone without a moronic "invite"?

I was loving my OnePlus One right up until CM12S hit, now its a buggy mess with so much unpredictable behavior I'm afraid to even put it down in fear it'll blaring out music for no reason. I realize its not the OPO's fault (5.0 Lollipop's suckage is well documented) and I can downgrade back to 11S, but its still making me apprehensive about the OP2. I really, really that the OxygenOS it ships with is based on 5.1 at least. Frankly, I'm more interested in Galaxy Note 5 (the first time I've ever been interested in a $700+ flagship).

What's going to make the 810 perform better in this than in the M9?

That's hysterical. Especially with the fact that OxygenOS is closed source minus the kernel. :rolleyes:
this is even more hilarious when you bring it up. Cyanogen is not completely open source either in the OnePlus and the Indian phone too. :rolleyes:

I have a strange suspicion that you're involved with the company. So, sorry, I don't believe in your lies.

LOL. We need to compile a list of who works for which mobile manufacturer so we can get discounts or freebies.

According to him I think I work for Samsung and Motorola but no discounts just Best Buy sales.

As for the 1+ 2, don't see the obsession with USB type C since everything is going wireless for data connectivity and charging and you have to buy new car charger and/or carry around adapters. Interesting value brand but stability and reliability seems iffy from everything I've read.

please have a good camera

this is even more hilarious when you bring it up. Cyanogen is not completely open source either in the OnePlus and the Indian phone too. :rolleyes:

I have a strange suspicion that you're involved with the company. So, sorry, I don't believe in your lies.

Sadly my programming skills pretty much suck and I couldn't deal with their d-bag of a CEO so no I'm not part of them much less even anywhere near them. I just prefer facts to blind hate based on business decisions (good or bad).

As for Cyanogen being open source. You can freely download and compile CyanogenMod for OnePlus One and the Eureka Yu. You do lose certain APPS which are proprietary to CyanogenOS and closed source (oh god no they are trying to monetize!) but you can still compile a completely working version of CyanogenMod for Bacon and Tomato. You can't do that with OxygenOS in any capacity.

Sadly my programming skills pretty much suck and I couldn't deal with their d-bag of a CEO so no I'm not part of them much less even anywhere near them. I just prefer facts to blind hate based on business decisions (good or bad).

As for Cyanogen being open source. You can freely download and compile CyanogenMod for OnePlus One and the Eureka Yu. You do lose certain APPS which are proprietary to CyanogenOS and closed source (oh god no they are trying to monetize!) but you can still compile a completely working version of CyanogenMod for Bacon and Tomato. You can't do that with OxygenOS in any capacity.

CyanogenOS != CyanogenMod

CyanogenOS != CyanogenMod

True but the only difference between the two is some of the proprietary apps and the stock theme. Nothing under the hood is CyanogenOS only (barring proprietary blobs and code for specific hardware like the camera). That's what a lot of people get confused when they talk about open source vs closed source for CyanogenOS and CyanogenMod.

Pretty sure that what you are speaking of has its equivalence in Paranoid Android ROMs vs OxygenOS...

Really looking forward to picking one up (excuse the pun). I've heard tons of great things about the original, and the Two is looking great on the specs side.

Yeah, my One M8 has pretty much spoiled me with its front facing speakers and I don't think I can consider a phone without them now. Not like I'll be able to use this phone on Verizon anyways though. Guess I'll be holding out for the next One or Moto phone. Might consider the Z4v if I can unlock the bootloader somehow and update it myself since Verizon won't.

Looks like a Galaxy phone from the waist down. I would consider picking one up if they worked on Verizon.

I really hope that somehow they get this phone on Verizon's network... But I highly doubt it.

I see a lot of dreamers in here, hopefully it comes to verizon. Hahaha you all should know better.

What I'm interested in is how you buy the phone. Is it a stupid invite system again or will they actually have stock this time

I see a lot of dreamers in here, hopefully it comes to verizon. Hahaha you all should know better.

What I'm interested in is how you buy the phone. Is it a stupid invite system again or will they actually have stock this time

1+ confirmed months back it will be another moronic invite system

1+ confirmed months back it will be another moronic invite system
They claim they've learned from the past year; so they will keep more phones in stock.

They had only believed that they would only sell 30,000 phones, with 50,000 being a great year. 100,000 would be their dream come true. And instead, they sold 1.5 Million. Hence, they had stock issues... So this time they are planning to sell way more phones than 30 thousand.

Let's just hope they don't do any moronic, wasteful, sexist advertising campaign...

They claim they've learned from the past year; so they will keep more phones in stock.

They had only believed that they would only sell 30,000 phones, with 50,000 being a great year. 100,000 would be their dream come true. And instead, they sold 1.5 Million. Hence, they had stock issues... So this time they are planning to sell way more phones than 30 thousand.

Let's just hope they don't do any moronic, wasteful, sexist advertising campaign...

Yea...they were morons the first go around.

They would have sold a crapload more than 1.5 million had they not had that moronic invite system and all but forced willing consumers to buy their competitors products.

Instead of abolishing the invite system that capped their sales....they're using it again. F'n morons.

Yea...they were morons the first go around.

They would have sold a crapload more than 1.5 million had they not had that moronic invite system and all but forced willing consumers to buy their competitors products.

Instead of abolishing the invite system that capped their sales....they're using it again. F'n morons.
The issue is manufacturing. They planned for initially planned for 30K phones a year. It was evidently so popular that they instead sold 1.5M. Manufacturing was not in place to make that amount. So it's really an issue of underestimating how cheap American nerds could be...

The issue is manufacturing. They planned for initially planned for 30K phones a year. It was evidently so popular that they instead sold 1.5M. Manufacturing was not in place to make that amount. So it's really an issue of underestimating how cheap American nerds could be...

Yea they were idiots. You make a top tier phone unlocked that is dead cheap...you're going to sell more than 30,000.

Further they have the manufacturing, they just chose not to use it on a product they were selling at practically a loss. 1+ is better known to the world as Oppo, remember?

Yea they were idiots. You make a top tier phone unlocked that is dead cheap...you're going to sell more than 30,000.

Further they have the manufacturing, they just chose not to use it on a product they were selling at practically a loss. 1+ is better known to the world as Oppo, remember?
Oppo Electronics is the owner and operator of Oppo Mobile. But Oppo Electronics is just an investor/majority owner of OnePlus. They do not "operate it." At least that's the explanation I've heard. Honestly, I think they are the trojan horse to move into the American markets, but I don't believe that even they knew how successful OnePlus would be at the time. Oppo also isn't exactly known for being smart...

So Oppo might have the manufacturing, but they certainly didn't plan on making more than 100K OnePlus Ones, let alone over 1.5M!

Oppo Electronics is the owner and operator of Oppo Mobile. But Oppo Electronics is just an investor/majority owner of OnePlus. They do not "operate it." At least that's the explanation I've heard. Honestly, I think they are the trojan horse to move into the American markets, but I don't believe that even they knew how successful OnePlus would be at the time. Oppo also isn't exactly known for being smart...

So Oppo might have the manufacturing, but they certainly didn't plan on making more than 100K OnePlus Ones, let alone over 1.5M!

WRT the first paragraph. It is the typical corporate shell game designed by lawyers to give regulators headaches.

WRT the second paragraph...as my last two posts have noted, Oppo are idiots.

I wonder what the pricing will be on this. I've got the upgrade bug for some reason.

The idiotic invites are out and up. . Le. Groan.

even better

When will I be able to get the OnePlus 2 without an invite?

We will be keeping the invitation system for the foreseeable future. In order to get a OnePlus 2, you will need to be invited by another OnePlus 2 owner or by participating in our contests and promotions. Follow us for the most up-to-date information.

fuck that nonsense.

Looks like I won't even try to get one of these, either.

They're shooting themselves in the foot with this bs, imo.

So the OnePlus 2 is official.

You know the specs by now, but the big things to me are the little touches, like the iPhone 6-style fingerprint reader, the clever notification slider and USB-C. That and I'd be interested in a phone with a "black apricot" back.

It's not quite the shocker that the OPO was, but for $389 in a 64GB model? Pretty solid. I'd put up with the invitation system to get the OP2 if I weren't setting money aside for a new Nexus.

Back