One radiator enough for new loop?

Hey, that EK kit isn't one of those aluminum ones, is it? And/or your other 30mm rad is also aluminum? Make sure you're not mixing metals. Not trying to be condescending here, just don't wanna see you have a bad day! =)

Yeah it is the A240 Aluminum kit/Block. and the other rad is too, so should be ok. a Single 240mm is probaly enough for cpu though..but might get a gpu block later and cool something. Telling ya EK is not too shabby man, and like no one else ever really did some affordable kit's too much.

Yeah it is the A240 Aluminum kit/Block. and the other rad is too, so should be ok. a Single 240mm is probaly enough for cpu though..but might get a gpu block later and cool something. Telling ya EK is not too shabby man, and like no one else ever really did some affordable kit's too much.
Oh don't get me wrong, I love EK's Fluid Gaming lineup. Thought of adding one to one of my builds recently, but it was a SFF build with specific requirements for pump/res size.

I think it's great that they're putting real custom loop cooling at such an affordable price point.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love EK's Fluid Gaming lineup. Thought of adding one to one of my builds recently, but it was a SFF build with specific requirements for pump/res size.

I think it's great that they're putting real custom loop cooling at such an affordable price point.

Yeah Rad little Kit, good starter one or something and Expand Later if you want. Pump/Rez is ok and swear that's about one of the better sub 100$ Blocks Iv'e seen.

I'm late to the party.

I have an e5649 on stock clock, R9-290 @ 1140mhz core (stock is 947), both under water with an alphacool nexxos UT-60 360mm with scythe-ap-15s and i run an average of 58C on the GPU. It mines 24/7, when the GPU goes above 60C, the room its in is SWEATY hot. Water consumption is pretty high with the heat though.

A single 360 can work if its an extra thick one and you have good fans. If you wanted to clock the piss out of both CPU and card, i'd add another rad.

Hello guys I'm glad I found this post so I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a Lian Li pc08 which is a good-looking case but with poor air flow. I have decided to do a 360 and 240 radiators that much I'm sure of. However what I'm unsure of is if I want the fluid to go into the CPU from the 360 and then instead of going to do GPU I wanted to go through the 240 radiator to cool down before it hits my GPU although I'm not sure that makes sense anymore cuz it seems like GPU generally don't run nearly as hot. So what I'm asking is should I just run my Loop pump, 360, 240, cpu and lastly GPU or should I do pump, 360 radiator, CPU, 240 radiator, GPU?

By the way I too was looking at ek pe 360 however after doing extensive research that is actually the worst slim radiator of all the radiators out there I will leave you a link 2Xtreme Riggs intense benchmarking on 360mm radiators.

http://www.xtremerigs.net/2015/02/11/radiator-round-2015/

With that being said it is a very slim radiator and I would like to keep everything EK.

My ultimate goal is to run the fans at minimum speed of about 800 RPM they are Corsair static pressure silent fans.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated this is actually my first post on hard forum

I neglected to mention the specs

I7 4790k overclock to 4.7ghz
1080ti probably going to be strix and we'll want it over o'clock somewhere near 2000 megahertz. The CPU does not exceed 73 ish degrees during stress test with an all-in-one cooler I would prefer to see no more than 65 during stress test and while gaming I really only want to see maybe mid-fifties.

I think you are talking about the se360 radiator and not the pe 360 radiator. I checked out the link you provided and the EK PE 360 was pretty much middle of the pack. What also should be considered is that the roundup of rad's in that article were sized all over the place " thick and thin".
Yes, the thin EK se 360 doesn't do very well compared to the competition. I am running the pe 360 and 240 radiators and I am very happy with the cooling performance!:)

Hello guys I'm glad I found this post so I'm kind of in the same boat. I have a Lian Li pc08 which is a good-looking case but with poor air flow. I have decided to do a 360 and 240 radiators that much I'm sure of. However what I'm unsure of is if I want the fluid to go into the CPU from the 360 and then instead of going to do GPU I wanted to go through the 240 radiator to cool down before it hits my GPU although I'm not sure that makes sense anymore cuz it seems like GPU generally don't run nearly as hot. So what I'm asking is should I just run my Loop pump, 360, 240, cpu and lastly GPU or should I do pump, 360 radiator, CPU, 240 radiator, GPu?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_thermodynamics

Order of blocks/rads doesn't matter. Only rule of custom loops is the pump goes directly after the reservoir.

Back