• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

One major front page cry out?

Vaulter98c

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - October 2009
2FA
Joined
May 21, 2008
Messages
5,840
I know were getting our weekly shoutout on the front page but what do you guys think about getting a final war cry out? Were so close to hitting 4 Bil, if we can get that before EVGA that would be the last bit of piss in their eye we could get. Do you think on the next shout out we should post just how close we are too losing? We might get a few more people. just enough tpo hit that 4B mark. Plus, new blood is always good :)

Thoughts? Would be a great place to do a little more info about the current giveaways and future ones too :)
 
I like your fighting spirit, Vaulter. Sounds good to me. :cool:
 
Agreed. Been thinking about this for the last couple weeks.

From "Join the #1 folding team on the planet" ....

To "T-minus 2 weeks before Team #33 loses its #1 position of 7+ years - All hands on deck, Help!". Err something like that. :)

Might stir up a a few more CPU/GPU's.
 
Last edited:
I've been thinking this for a while. They are advertising our i7 and 460 giveaway one in a while but I think they need to really stress how close we are to being overtaken. The more people we can bring in the better.
 
@Vaulter didnt you do a write up at one point? Do you think we could get KB or someone to sticky that in Video card section for like a week or two?

There are so many people in the GPU section all the effing time, we could easily snag from there.
 
Yea, I did a write up at one time, but that was back when we discovered 2 VM's on a Q66 could out-do one VM. It's gotta be a little dated, I'm not even sure I still have it. It was more of a general intro to folding, It would need some work. I'm thinking more along the lines of something imediate, like a front page post that says O shit, 2 weeks left lol. Then we could plug for the give-aways (monthly 460, an i7 rig, a hex rig now)

I'm not sure where I kept that write up, If I found it I could revamp it but due to my schedule it would take atleast a week, a dire call on the front page could be done sooner and then we could do an intro to folding thing later to build a better base
 
I'm loading up with this:

34934407.jpg
 
Screw that, I'm going to slam some cheap beer...

If we are trying to piss in their eye, I suggest we drink something repulsive like Natty Lite, Top Hat beer, or Beast(Milwaukee's Best if its still around).

A final shoutout would be great, but lets try not to make ourselves sound desperate. It needs to be inspirational. We did our best, and we had some damn good fun while doing it. Plus we made the electric company rich.
 
Im not trying to sound desperate, but in the classic spirit of the horde I think it would be nice to get oneeeee moreeee milestone before we go out. And we arent really going out, were just waiting for EVGA to become complacent (sp), at which point we will unleash the full force of the horde :)
 
and be carefull, were going for piss in the eye, not the beer shits. Last thing we need in folding is pink eye
 
and be carefull, were going for piss in the eye, not the beer shits. Last thing we need in folding is pink eye

But we could give them pinkeye. Load up on malt liquor like Colt 45, wait for your intestinal lining to become seriously disturbed, and fire!
 
I remember when I graduated from the rad tech program that as a parting gift for one of the instructors we gave him a nice six pack of beer from one of those cheapo discount stores. On the can all it said was "Beer." Not sure he ever drank it....
 
yeah. does anybody have Steve's ear?

Maybe we could do a quick 100 word blurb about how we are close to 4 billion, we are about to be overtaken by upstart evga, and btw we give away GTX460s and i7s for folders.

If somebody writes it up and sends it to steve, maybe he could post it
 
acknowledged, except that inbox is probably full of spam, links that frontpage readers send regarding Halo Reach that they're sure is frontpage material, and I shudder to think what else.
Well, there's only one way to find out if he'll read your e-mail or not.
 
yeah but I'm too busy pretending to work while posting here and dreaming about FAH farm upgrades to write anything......
 
yeah but I'm too busy pretending to work while posting here and dreaming about FAH farm upgrades to write anything......

I nominate you to write it. I can't as my English is horrible and my grammer is atrocious.

All else in favor of appointing Mr. Jebo aka SR2 man to write this, say I!
 
Seconded- better Mr Jebo than anyone else that I know (both of them...).

'sides, how else will we check to see if the reply is from his iPhone? ;)
 
Hi Steve-

Thanks for all the plugging you do for the team. I'm wondering if you'd be willing to spice one up to highlight that we're about to be overtaken in the next 3 weeks (October 2 at last estimate) , and oh by the way, we give away GTX460s and i7 rigs for our folders!

Anything you can do will of course be appreciated. However, if you want something prepared, here is my stab at it.

Thanks a lot.

Jeremy aka jebo_4jc



[H]ard|OCP is clinging to its #1 spot for dear life

Our Folding @ Home team is quickly approaching a world record four billion points, however our team's long-established hold on the #1 spot in the world is in danger of being overtaken by the folding team from EVGA, and we need your help to fight off this new threat! We are feverishly fighting to beat EVGA to 4 billion, and hope to fight off this threat permanently! Current predictions are that EVGA will take the #1 spot at the beginning of October, so our threat level is extremely high!

You can use your GPU http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032943611&postcount=4 or multiple core CPU http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032943603&postcount=2 to run scientific simulations to help study cancer, Alzheimer's, and other diseases. In particular, if you have a Core i7 or a high end Nvidia card, your contribution to the project can be massive.

We are currently giving away a lot of hardware for folding participants, including a GTX460 http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1541339 and even a full Intel Core i7 920 system! http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1534727. In the very near future the team has plans for giving away more GTX460s and even an Intel Xeon L5640 hex core system!

If you are curious about why we do this, or have questions about setting up your own hardware, feel free to drop by and ask a question in our helpful forums, our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-33/147073501997333 or hit us up on our officially unofficial IRC channel. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1415294. Even if you can only contribute a little bit, every piece of hardware helps as we combine our computing power to hold off the EVGA upstarts!

Hi Steve-

Thanks for all the plugging you do for the team. I'm wondering if you'd be willing to spice one up to highlight that we're about to be overtaken in the next 3 weeks (October 2 at last estimate) , and oh by the way, we give away GTX460s and i7 rigs for our folders!

Anything you can do will of course be appreciated. However, if you want something prepared, here is my stab at it.

Thanks a lot.

Jeremy aka jebo_4jc



[H]ard|OCP is clinging to its #1 spot for dear life

Our Folding @ Home team is quickly approaching a world record four billion points, however our team's long-established hold on the #1 spot in the world is in danger of being overtaken by the folding team from EVGA, and we need your help to fight off this new threat! We are feverishly fighting to beat EVGA to 4 billion, and hope to fight off this threat permanently! Current predictions are that EVGA will take the #1 spot at the beginning of October, so our threat level is extremely high!

You can use your GPU http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032943611&postcount=4 or multiple core CPU http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1032943603&postcount=2 to run scientific simulations to help study cancer, Alzheimer's, and other diseases. In particular, if you have a Core i7 or a high end Nvidia card, your contribution to the project can be massive.

We are currently giving away a lot of hardware for folding participants, including a GTX460 http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1541339 and even a full Intel Core i7 920 system! http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1534727. In the very near future the team has plans for giving away more GTX460s and even an Intel Xeon L5640 hex core system!

If you are curious about why we do this, or have questions about setting up your own hardware, feel free to drop by and ask a question in our helpful forums, our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-33/147073501997333 or hit us up on our officially unofficial IRC channel. http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1415294. Even if you can only contribute a little bit, every piece of hardware helps as we combine our computing power to hold off the EVGA upstarts!

sent

sorry if the inspiration doesn't do our team justice. You should have done it better :)
 
o_O

great message, i like the repetition for emphasis :)

edit: maybe you should have sent to MajorDomo .... the whole front page is done with his topics atm
 
thanks, wont be a huge help since I only have a single 9800 GTX, but I reckon every little bit helps
 
I would think thats at least 6k, maybe closer to 8k? (I'm still learning), which is more than a little bit. The top 15 really make it seem like anything under 80k is worthless, but that's hardly the case.
 
I would think thats at least 6k, maybe closer to 8k? (I'm still learning), which is more than a little bit. The top 15 really make it seem like anything under 80k is worthless, but that's hardly the case.

Hey now :eek:

We have fun trying to mow each other over, but every one of us will say that it is the guy (gal) folding on their home system with the GPU or SMP client that really fuel this team.
 
Hey now :eek:

We have fun trying to mow each other over, but every one of us will say that it is the guy (gal) folding on their home system with the GPU or SMP client that really fuel this team.

What he said... and welcome back!
 
Back
Top