• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Onboard Vid + PCI-E Simultaneous.

SKiTLz

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 3, 2003
Messages
2,664
I've been out of the hardware scene for quite awhile.

Looking into a 890GX based Motherboard with onboard Radeon 4200.
I'll be using a Radeon 5xxx for my main card.

My question is can I use both the onboard and PCI-E 5xxx at the same time since I have 4 monitors?

In the past this wasn't possible but a few things I have read suggest it now is with current hardware.
 
Last edited:
Thanks mate. Can anyone confirm before I place the order?

I know all about the 5xxx series and getting 3 outputs simultaneous (e.g having to use displayport with active adapter since you can't use HDMI/DVI at the same time).

So i've got 3 there, just need confirmation that I can use either the HDMI or DVI of the onboard while using the add-on card also.
 
Back
Top