On the bright side...

nomad8u

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2008
I popped open FahSpy this morning to check on the boxen and saw my output up 1000ppd. Nice. Got 2 new GPU WU 5504 and 5505 that have boosted production nicely! Enjoy these while they last!

I popped open FahSpy this morning to check on the boxen and saw my output up 1000ppd. Nice. Got 2 new GPU WU 5504 and 5505 that have boosted production nicely! Enjoy these while they last!

Hey nomad8u, it's good to see the "folding fairies" are bein' good to you :D

Hey nomad8u, it's good to see the "folding fairies" are bein' good to you :D

Indeed! I knew sacrificing that chicken and doing the ppd happy dance around the boxen while wearing the wifes pink fuzzy slipper.... uhhh nevermind.. ;)

Indeed! I knew sacrificing that chicken and doing the ppd happy dance around the boxen while wearing the wifes pink fuzzy slipper.... uhhh nevermind.. ;)

/jots down a few notes, scratches head.

Now in which order did you light the incense, whisper the ritual chant and kill the chicken?

it seems like i'm seeing a ppd bump across the board with the new 1.09 core.
Yeah, I noticed the boost in production. I've got as high as 5780PPD on one of my 8800GT cards today. I thought I was seeing things and did a double take. That's when I noticed the new project 5505 WU. Worth the same, but it processes faster.

it seems like i'm seeing a ppd bump across the board with the new 1.09 core.

/jots down a few notes, scratches head.

Now in which order did you light the incense, whisper the ritual chant and kill the chicken?

Incense first... keeps the chicken quiet.

Not into any blood letting. Can I just go to KFC for the Chicken?

Hold them closer to the incense... walla extra crispy.

I may be crazy, but I think these new WU make my 8800GT buzz even louder.

I may be crazy, but I think these new WU make my 8800GT buzz even louder.

LOL I think my farm is producing enough Dbs that I don't even notice cards making noise... all the GPUs run at 100% fan speed, I have about 50-100 Yate loons high flow fans (about 5-7 per computer) all running at 100%. I have about 30 chipset fans all running at 100%, Huh... what did you say... I can't hear you! :)

I saw this myself. Can't wait any longer for the damn electrician. I'm going ghettostyle with extensioncables tonight!

My dual slot 8800gt (asus, not the akimbo) doesn't have a whine to it. Started with the fan @ 100%, now down to 75%.

My dual slot 8800gt (asus, not the akimbo) doesn't have a whine to it. Started with the fan @ 100%, now down to 75%.

You're just not flogging it hard enough. Crank those shaders up. ;)

Running @ 1850... I may push it up to 1900 tonight

THAT's what I'm talking 'bout!

If you're hearing whining in the background either the the WU (that's wife-unit) just got an advanced peek at Augusts power bill OR you're sneaking up on the shader limit. :D

Got it stable @ 1915 (still no whining). It EUE's between 1915 and 1925 and I'm not bored enough to go smaller steps ;-)

Getting 1:20/frame on a 5506 (~5200 PPD). Should be pretty close to 6k with a 5505.

Got it stable @ 1915 (still no whining). It EUE's between 1915 and 1925 and I'm not bored enough to go smaller steps ;-)

Nice job on finding your highest stable overclock!

Back