OmniExtremeEditFx 6800 - Ultra?

Okay, first of all nothing is going to make a 6800nu an Ultra and second......what the hell is that and why should anyone download it?

joemama said:
Okay, first of all nothing is going to make a 6800nu an Ultra and second......what the hell is that and why should anyone download it?

ah...i don't know much about computers i am just reading from somewhere that you can change the ultra BIOS using this thing...then you can add that ultra BIOS to the card

It's like an e-lighter you can use to make your card go up in flames and never work again!

arent they using the same chip? if you got really lucky mabe the card would work with all pipelines enabled and at decent speeds

using nvFlash...you should be able to install the ultra bios to the non-ultras....right?

g3no said:
arent they using the same chip? if you got really lucky mabe the card would work with all pipelines enabled and at decent speeds
Not a good idea to flash an ultra bios to a nu (if indeed that's what that is) because the extra pipes are disabled for a reason. The nu also has [email protected] as opposed to the gddr3 @1.6-2.0 for the Ultra. At best you might be able to do a reversable soft mod to open up the extra pipes..

ahh ok, i just thought that they might be throwing perfectly good chips into those vanilla 6800s, but with current yeild problems and whatnot, i can see why they wouldnt be doing that at this moment ;D

i was under the assumption though that that program was a softmod, and not a bios flash, but without a 6800 i have no clue for sure

g3no said:
ahh ok, i just thought that they might be throwing perfectly good chips into those vanilla 6800s, but with current yeild problems and whatnot, i can see why they wouldnt be doing that at this moment ;D

i was under the assumption though that that program was a softmod, and not a bios flash, but without a 6800 i have no clue for sure
I really don't know but I'm not downloading something who's only description is "1.3" :p

come on guys, have some faith. and when you try it, (since we all know some of you will) let me know so I can jack my 6800NU up. :D

Don't do this folks. You're gonna FUBAR your card.

Just use rivatuner to unlock the pipes and then overclock as far as you can. As afore mentioned, the GT/ultra uses different memory so the coded latencies and voltages in the BIOS are different. If you are having problems with an overclock not "sticking" on reboot, it is possible to modify your existing BIOS 3D clocks if you know hex, how to use a hex editor, and how to fix the checksum error that will result from the modification but even this is not for the unskilled/faint at heart.

Back