• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OMG whats wrong with my raid.

Da_Lettuce_Pimp

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 6, 2001
Messages
319
MSI k8N NEO4 platinium

3 maxtor 300 Gig in a raid 5 (558 Gig Useable)
Built in controller. Silcon Image 3114r5


Events that took place:

Case Swap. Moved everything from one case to another. I was pretty Self Concious on making sure the cables went in the same place.

Everything was working good so I thought.

Went to go to my raid drive and there was no drive to be found
Rebooted checked all cables looks good.....Nothing
Changed all cables....Nothing

Go into raid manager and it shows this

1.JPG


No matter what it marks that drive as an orphan.

The logs tell me its off line.

The device info tells me all are healthy

I only have the option to delete orpahn

I was going to put in another 300 gig and create a spare?

I cant lose the data on these drives... According to the raid manager though it looks like my data is still there.

any ideas on what i should do
 
Really not sure but you should always back up data so you don't have to worry about it.....

I'd scrap the data, and test each drive in a non RAID situation. Plug in each one individually and make sure they each work fine.

Start from scratch and rebuild your array if they all work.
 
I'd be on the horn with SI -

Hope that it's a known issue to their techs and they can walk you through the fix or offer another driver that takes care of the issue -
 
I dont have a clue but am wondering wth would happen if a drive actually failed ?

cant you delete the orphan and rebuild the array ? That is what raid 5 is for ( I hope, cause thats what I am using). :eek:

anywho calling tech support is a great idea.
 
This is why I don't use onboard consumer grade solutions for anything other than raid0/1.
 
Back
Top