OMG, I hate Intel my Core 2 ONLY does 3.6Ghz

Shocky said:
Whatever, at the and of the day you swapped your cpu to extend your e-penis.. Its pathetic that you actually care enough about what people on forums think to do that as it will make no difference to performance especially in games... You got issues...
:rolleyes:
Tweaking a PC for the max possible performance isn't always about bragging rights on a hardware forum. Overclockers do it as a hobby....something they enjoy. That's all the justification they need.

jebo_4jc said:
:rolleyes:
Tweaking a PC for the max possible performance isn't always about bragging rights on a hardware forum. Overclockers do it as a hobby....something they enjoy. That's all the justification they need.

Thats BS and you know it..

To be honest i had bough 6400+P5B Dlx+2 GB DDR II 800 thinking that i will atleast hit 450 FSB and will run RAM 1:1 with my TT BT Aircooling. The minimum i was expecting 3.2GHz. But fortunately mine is doing 3.8 Stable as of now. Just that its getting too hot for my liking. Dont wanna jump water so will downclock to 450FSB(Hurts). But nontheless God Bless Intel(And this is one sentence i thought i would never say :p)

Shocky said:
Whatever, at the and of the day you swapped your cpu to extend your e-penis.. Its pathetic that you actually care enough about what people on forums think to do that as it will make no difference to performance especially in games... You got issues...

If you have issue with his hobby, you will be best off leaving our forums immediately.

Shocky said:
Thats BS and you know it..
No I don't know it.
You're a tard for thinking you can come on a computer hardware enthusiast forum and start bashing people for upgrading & tweaking their PCs.

That would be like going on a stamp collecting website and telling people they are wasting too much money because nobody needs very many stamps.

banhammerub3.jpg

Yep, I think we will just rid ourselves of him now. Bye bye Shocky!

Shocky said:

Sayeth the person who still runs windows95

chrisf6969 said:
LOL! Ouch!

Man, I started this out for people to realize that not all Conroes are going to hit 3.5+Ghz, so DON'T EXPECT a guaranteed overclock just b/c some people are getting it. And to alert people that maybe their chip might have just hit its limit at 2.9Ghz (or whatever) so to chill with the OMG my chip is broken. B/c I found it funny how many people were saying they were RMA'ing their mobo b/c it only hits 3xx Mhz FSB and wont do 400Mhz! :)

And it turned in to a HUGE e-penis, OC, anti-oc war! :eek:

lol

i just like playing devil's advocate :eek: :p

I like this thread. :D

Kudos to the OP and (Kyle!). I agree 100%. Of course, I'm so flippin happy with my blazingly fast (to me) ECS / 6600 combo running at a cool 30c that I'm not even in a rush to OC it. Of course, I don't have the mobo for that yet... still waiting on the freaking Abit AW9D-Max! I think my house will be paid off before that thing gets to retail.

Just get a p5b-deluxe, I would bet good money that the aw9-d comes out and everybody prefers the p5b-d anyway. It's $209 at ewiz if you go through froogle.

And hey, you get more than one frickin PCI slot.

Has anyone heard anything about the 3.2 Xtreme Core 2, just curious as to what that puppy will be able to do.

schizo said:
Just get a p5b-deluxe, I would bet good money that the aw9-d comes out and everybody prefers the p5b-d anyway. It's $209 at ewiz if you go through froogle.

And hey, you get more than one frickin PCI slot.

You might be right.

I'd love to test my E6600 on an Asus nVIdia Board similar to my A8N-SLI, or something one of these.

The North Bridge on my DS3 is hotter than the last Prescott I played with. Had I not added a new HDD, I'd have gotten a new mobo. Then I'll overclock my system again. The nVidia board seems to max out at 325MHz FSB. 9 X 325 = 2925MHz 2900MHz 24/7 stable is good enough for me.

I like reading about sweet overclocks:)

Darkatom said:
Has anyone heard anything about the 3.2 Xtreme Core 2, just curious as to what that puppy will be able to do.
OT, but last I heard they are abandoning the 3.2ghz core 2 duo and instead releasing the 2.7ghz quad core Xtreme Edition.

Also, the 3.2ghz CPU wouldn't do anything that much more incredible than the X6800....just slightly better speed binning, most likely.

Considering that every single e6700 and e6800 ever made will hit 3.2Ghz on stock voltage, I really don't think binning is a major concern. If intel wanted to heavily bin, they could easily sell a 3.8Ghz chip to the enthusiast market.

I hope they release non-extreme kentsfield CPUs. Would love to see one at 2Ghz for $300 or so.

I am just jealous because I have no Core 2 CPU to overclock.

Yet..........

Dan_D said:
Yet..........
So the motherboard editor of an enthusiast's website doesn't have the latest, greatest CPU?!?! For shame! :p

In terms of performance, though, I don't think your dual Opty, 4GB Ram, and 2x 7900gtx are considered slow just yet.

jebo_4jc said:
So the motherboard editor of an enthusiast's website doesn't have the latest, greatest CPU?!?! For shame! :p

In terms of performance, though, I don't think your dual Opty, 4GB Ram, and 2x 7900gtx are considered slow just yet.

I don't usually have the latest and greatest, but I am never that far behind. On the AMD side of things I think I am still up there for the most part, but my system is getting old.

The performance is fine. Really the thing I really need to do is replace my video cards more than anything. But what I really want to do is get back into overclocking. The Core 2's are a lot of fun.

I had an E6700 on the bench recently for the EPoX review and I enjoyed it immensely. It was a fun platform to work with.

Shocky said:
well,you can pretty much argue that any hobby is pathetic then ;) car modding,collecting stuff...etc. overclocking is pretty much a hobby.

Dan_D said:
I think I am still up there for the most part, but my system is getting old.

The performance is fine. Really the thing I really need to do is replace my video cards more than anything. But what I really want to do is get back into overclocking.
Uh lol.
This is getting OT.
But I don't think your system is "getting old" by any stretch. Maybe you're feeling left out of the dual core fad? Drop a couple 285s in it and overclock to 3.0.

And what do you want to replace your 7900gtxs with? 7950s? Are you gaming at 4530x7248 or something?

Heh you're more of an addict than most of us...guess that's why you were a good choice for mobo ed.

Dan_D that epox board, you liked it in the review, trying for a 6400 and 2 gig for someone that just needs a new computer....but thinking that a 965 would be better..I am trying to build something cheap for my dad.
He is running an old amd 1600 that was the one that always did 2100 with a x90 cooler and everyone was buying them for $89 (man I wish I could remember what all is in it...the whole thing cost me about 600 2 yrs ago...

I have the processor and tons of parts....would need only a mb and ram.

sparks

Dan_D said:
Yet..........

Heh, I feel you, I've been looking into buying a c2d, but I haven't decided if I want a 6600 or a 6400, also not sure if I even want to spend the money lol.

sladesurfer said:
well,you can pretty much argue that any hobby is pathetic then ;) car modding,collecting stuff...etc. overclocking is pretty much a hobby.

Not really, if your going to keep buying the same cpu over and over until you get a decent overclocker you've passed the point of it being just a hobby... Thats a pretty unhealthy obsesion anyway you try and justify it..

jebo_4jc said:
Uh lol.
This is getting OT.
But I don't think your system is "getting old" by any stretch. Maybe you're feeling left out of the dual core fad? Drop a couple 285s in it and overclock to 3.0.

And what do you want to replace your 7900gtxs with? 7950s? Are you gaming at 4530x7248 or something?

Heh you're more of an addict than most of us...guess that's why you were a good choice for mobo ed.

I don't actually need any new computer hardware. I just can't help myself. The dual core fad isn't what gets me so much as the performance of the new Intel CPU's and the overclockability of them.

I spend retarded amounts of money on computer equipment each year just because I feel the need to do so. It's a hobby and I guess its better than blowing money on drinking binges or drugs.

I think I'll try my luck with the E6300 and go from there.

ShockyX2 said:
Not really, if your going to keep buying the same cpu over and over until you get a decent overclocker you've passed the point of it being just a hobby... Thats a pretty unhealthy obsesion anyway you try and justify it..

If your IP address wasn't banned before, I'm sure it will be soon. I don't think Kyle appreciates you registering another name to argue in the same thread that got you banned in the first place.

ShockyX2 said:

Not at all. Most people sell the old ones to help pay for the new ones. You really don't lose that much money doing it. Even then who are you to criticize how a person spends money or what is a healthy behavior in regard to a hobby you don't understand?

jebo_4jc said:
You know you want 4mb L2.

That is true. I really do.

Dan_D said:
Not at all. Most people sell the old ones to help pay for the new ones. You really don't lose that much money doing it. Even then who are you to criticize how a person spends money or what is a healthy behavior in regard to a hobby you don't understand?
That is true. I really do.

But hes not selling an old cpu, hes selling a brand new CPU to buy the exact same CPU in the hope it will overclock higher...

I agree with what your saying as I do it myself but not like that..He will probably go round showing off his overclock but fail to tell most people how many he bought to get that CPU and give people false hopes of a high overclock... Isnt that what this thread was about? : :eek:

Hey Shocky - you're on the wrong friggin' forum to be arguing this crap.

Go away.

Every single one of us can buy as many CPUs as we feel we need to to get the overclock we're happy with. We have done this and will continue to do this, whether you like it or not.

Most of my hobbies are obsessions. I like cars, guns, computers and plenty of other expensive crap. I've got a firend that collects Colt 1911 style .45's. He's got over 30 of them and they're all almost the same thing. Half of them a close to or over $2,000 a piece including some over $5,000. It's his obsession and his hobby. It's what makes him happy.

Sounds like you need to find a hobby and I don't think computers are it.

Dan_D said:

yeah I was unhappy with my P5B vanilla, sold it and got an ASUS P5W DH and am lovin' it. I went from no stable OCs on the P5B to 380FSB prime stable and 400FSB not prime stable but works for windows, games, an apps, w00t :D

I actually just upgraded from an Opty 170 system @ 2.8 to this C2 system. I definitely understand wanting to upgrade just to get the extra performance. I ended up sellin some parts I wasnt' even usin' just to pay for all my new C2 stuff and almost broke even lol.

Shocky, this thread was about someone telling other people not to complain about not getting high OCs, but it was never started to bash on people who would try to sell those CPUs in hopes of getting a better OCer. If we're the ones who're obsessive why're you trying so hard to stay on this forum and post in this thread just to be a negative nancy?

ShockyX2 said:
He will probably go round showing off his overclock but fail to tell most people how many he bought to get that CPU and give people false hopes of a high overclock... : :eek:
yes and that is why people need to understand that there is no guaranteed overclock. However that is no reason for bashing people that buy multiple CPUs.

ShockyX2 said:

werent you banned about 2 hours ago??.....

g33x0r said:
Shocky, this thread was about someone telling other people not to complain about not getting high OCs, but it was never started to bash on people who would try to sell those CPUs in hopes of getting a better OCer. If we're the ones who're obsessive why're you trying so hard to stay on this forum and post in this thread just to be a negative nancy?

I didnt realise a minute filling out the registration was classed as trying hard... I'm just saying what other people are thinking... I'm certainly not going to apologize for stating my opinion and if Kyle wants to ban me for doing so then fine... plently of other forums... :)

Only 1.4v? Could you make it there on air maybe? That is an amazing overclock. A few lucky dudes made it to a 100% overclock (3.72), but you need to cherrypick hardware to do it.

Really doesn't seem like the FSB is a major barrier these days with 965 boards. Some really interesting stuff here about how they manage such high FSB clocks, they just relax the memstrap.

ShockyX2 said:
. I'm just saying what other people are thinking...

No one here is thinking what your saying......a lot of us, me included, have spent hours trying for a better OC.....200mhz is nothing to sneeze at when it's all said and done...

ShockyX2 said:
But hes not selling an old cpu, hes selling a brand new CPU to buy the exact same CPU in the hope it will overclock higher...

I agree with what your saying as I do it myself but not like that..He will probably go round showing off his overclock but fail to tell most people how many he bought to get that CPU and give people false hopes of a high overclock... Isnt that what this thread was about? : :eek:

not quite buddy. I don't make threads about my overclocks, i dont tell anyone about my overclocks, it's just something for myself. Most of my friends don't even know wtf a Core 2 Duo is, all they know is that I have a loud ass computer. If there's a thread where someone wants to know what a certain cpu oc's to, or what a certain week will oc to then I'll post my results and others will post theres so the OP can then gage an oc he might get.

I bought the exact same CPU i had before because that's what my friend wanted. If he wanted me to build him an x6800, I would have bought one for him and kept my other e6600.

And no, you missed the point of this thread...it's about people complaining that they're *only* getting 3.4-3.6ghz overclocks. Not about people buying multiple cpu's. BTW I bought 4 s939 cpu's and it only cost me the price of 1, so I'm not spending any extra money here.

And are you saying no one should post about their overclocks because it'll give others false hopes? I would hope that others reading a post of mine about my overclock would realize that their own results might/will vary. Why do you care how many cpu's I buy anyway....just because of your posts, I'm going to buy myself another motherboard and another e6600 because I <3 you.

edit: and if you think i'm bad/obsessed/whatever, you obviously haven't seen people that do competitive benchmarking

Crosshairs said:
No one here is thinking what your saying......a lot of us, me included, have spent hours trying for a better OC.....200mhz is nothing to sneeze at when it's all said and done...

Same here, not just because it's my job but also because I love doing it. Overclocking is fun. I love pushing hardware. Even if stuff breaks from time to time.

Shocky, why not just let him do what he wants with his money man? :( He's not bothering you, just chatting with people who share the same hobby with him. He makes his money from his work and he doesn't need you telling him what to do with it.

That's what bothers me about the internet these days, people always trying to dictate or slam on other people because they have different interests/lifestyles. If you don't like the fact that people are "obsessed" with what they like to do, the simplest thing to do is not to read the forums. Stating your opinion is one thing, but straight up picking fights with people because you don't agree with something they do is a whole different. That being said, can we please get this back on topic?

I just got my E6400 today, and it's at 3319Mhz now. I'm still much of a new beginner when it comes to overclocking though. But it was easier than I had expected.

Back