OMFG!!! $3 for a preview.....

heh, it's cheap compared to what many academic publishers charge non-subsription users for access...

Prad do the same thing, in fact slightly more at 2.50 Euroes. If you're that bothered or put out by it wait for it to be online for free on the 22nd! :rolleyes:

Troll thread? 3$ is nothing, and if you can't afford that i feel sorry for you.
Considering all the work behind getting monitors, calibration tools, and writing the reviews you should be happy..
I don't mind paying at all, since i just saved 250$ by not buying zr2440w and get u2412m instead.

I bought the preview, since I've been waiting for a serious review of the HP ZR2440W since summer. But I found out it's just another "recession times" IPS. Looks like I'll be keeping my old NEC LCD20WGX2 for another 6-12 months. :rolleyes:

Prad do the same thing, in fact slightly more at 2.50 Euroes. If you're that bothered or put out by it wait for it to be online for free on the 22nd! :rolleyes:

Prad gives you a longer-term subscription for 10 euros, and you can't compare the reviews from the two sites, as Prad goes into a lot more depth.

I bought the preview, since I've been waiting for a serious review of the HP ZR2440W since summer. But I found out it's just another "recession times" IPS. Looks like I'll be keeping my old NEC LCD20WGX2 for another 6-12 months. :rolleyes:

Your new screen is the Dell ST2220T. Glossy and S-IPS not eIPS so no white glow.

A friend at work bought it and I was shocked, the off-angle black was purple not white. This thing is high-res S-IPS, though 16:9 and not 16:10 like your NEC.

Prad gives you a longer-term subscription for 10 euros, and you can't compare the reviews from the two sites, as Prad goes into a lot more depth.

Your new screen is the Dell ST2220T. Glossy and S-IPS not eIPS so no white glow.

A friend at work bought it and I was shocked, the off-angle black was purple not white. This thing is high-res S-IPS, though 16:9 and not 16:10 like your NEC.

That Dell does look nice, except that it's glossy and not compatible with VESA mounts :(.

The joke is that you're unhappy about their right to charge for their services. If you don't think it's worth it, then don't buy it (just like I won't be).

Back