old WC setup resurrect

gesicht

Gawd
i have a old watercooling rig minus the pump that started leaking. the brass fittings are all green inside i have let vinegar, CLR, scrubbing bubles and several other products to try an clean out my waterblock and radiator but both are still pretty dirty on the inside. is there any other thing i can try before i scrap this old stuff.

the waterblock is custom built. it is plate of silver with a lexand top. chamber is round build just like the old design just built better. cut groves in the silver for more surface area and used a plate is silver instead of copper in hopes of getting better performance.

i think if i could clean out the wateblock and radiator i could have a decent cooling system for a low heat processor like a amdxp. i use to have a athlon 1g at 1.4 with a ton of voltage keep pretty cool with it.

dont know about the block but you can take the heater core/rad to a radiator shop and ask them to boil it out in their cleaning tank for a couple of hours. Should come out like new. Or try radiator flush from the autoparts store in a bucket of very hot water. Watch your eyes.

Back