Old school help: EVGA 560 TI 448 cores FTW black screens computer

Redwinds

n00b
good evening,

I am starting to get black screens, computer freezes and sound goes on repeat. I don't get a BSOD, i also don't get a memory dump from that. i do get a livekernal dmp file however.

I have tried downgrading drivers, switching the card to a different slot, disconnecting a screen and monitoring the card for voltage.
at this point i think i need to replace the card, but i want to make sure i can't do anymore to fix this.

this happen when i play League of legends and load into a game, sometimes right at the start, sometimes a few minutes in.
it is also starting to happen when i play eve online.

Specs:
intel Core i7 3770K
Asus Maximus V GENE Motherboard.
16 gigs of ram
dual monitor setup.
and EVGA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 448 cores 1280 memory size.
PSU: 750Watt

I can email the .dmp file for analysis but i don't have the skills to do it myself.

please help/advise and thank you in advance

Since you have a Z77, try running LoL with the onboard GPU and without the 560Ti.

If LoL runs fine, you may want to bake the 560Ti to give it a last shot. Do you have an even older GPU you can test with as well?

Just tried it.

error i got was the direct x drivers couldn't load the game.

i tried to update the video drivers as well. no dice. so not sure it can be run with just the z77.

any advice on how to do that?

I'm pretty sure a 3770K can run LoL, had a friend run Dota2 on it before AFAIK. Not super fluid, but this is just to rule out the 560Ti anyway.

Did you get drivers from here?

Just checking -- as I'm pretty sure the IGP isn't so bad that the 3770K IGP can't run LoL.

Also, did you remove the 560Ti already from the system?

PSU:
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance

I tried find the right driver and installing it. it didn't show up on my system. it also didn't pick up the integrated card. (i double checked the motherboard. i don't believe it has one)

I don't have another card and i am still using it.

I can run youtube videos, play eve mostly without issues, i can watch movies as well still no issues. but the LoL client does crash.

i was also able to play assassins creed up to revelations without issues. will have to check this out again.

PSU:
CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance

I tried find the right driver and installing it. it didn't show up on my system. it also didn't pick up the integrated card. (i double checked the motherboard. i don't believe it has one)

I don't have another card and i am still using it.

I can run youtube videos, play eve mostly without issues, i can watch movies as well still no issues. but the LoL client does crash.

i was also able to play assassins creed up to revelations without issues. will have to check this out again.

You on win 10?

Update:
Things I have tried: (uninstalled all versions prior to installing the versions below to try them)
Driver versions: (all cause the same crash in lol)
353.62, 314.22, 310.70, 296.10, 295.73
Drivers that didn’t detect my video card:
285.79, 285.62

Edit: called the EVGA support, they recommended i try 3dmark to benchmark the card. if that crashes, then the card has internal issues. (going to try that tonight)

Last edited:
final update:

i think the card is truly dead. i ran a benchmark and the the benchmark loaded and froze/blackscreened my comp instantly.

From the tech support at evga, they said that if this doesn't run then the card is mostly dead because of internal issues.

going to keep the card as a backup for now. please let me know if i should consider testing anything else or just get a new card

Back