old P4

i have a few P4 3ghz/1M/800 SL7PM old processors just wondering if it is worth keeping them.

well they are not bad if you want to run a private server for things...

thanks I thought they were not worth the cost of shipping so will see if my robotics expert can use them (he's just a kid and makes robots)

Nothing P4 is worth any use other than donating old computers to families who can use them but can't afford to buy one (and even then, as just CPUs, no use for them). Both amazingly slow and amazingly inefficient compared to more modern chips. Not even worth using as a server.

my robot builder took them all and a bunch of other stuff and said he will find a use for them. he is producing winning robots so i am glad to help him out. he used parts out of an old printer last year for one of his robots so there is hope for recycling stuff instead of it going into the trash

my robot builder took them all and a bunch of other stuff and said he will find a use for them. he is producing winning robots so i am glad to help him out. he used parts out of an old printer last year for one of his robots so there is hope for recycling stuff instead of it going into the trash
Post some pics of the robots. It would be interesting to see some of his work.

I have a couple P4's laying around. I plan on using them to sight in my new scope :)

we have a freebies thread in FS/T, the folks there will take them

Back