Old... old microsoft gaming zone game

Vorret

[H]ard|Gawd
I used to play this ages ago but I can't remember the name.

Basicly, you had planets, lots of it, and you could attack other players with spaceships and stuff...

At first it was free but then they made it pay-to-play and it kinda died.
It wasn't "real" time but it was turn based either... my memory is failing a bit on this but at some point there were alot of people playing.

please someone remember that game name!!!

First thing I thought of was Star Control but that was really old, prior to online gaming and pay-to-play scenarios.

It was in the 90s ...
Galcon does have some things that looks like it though...
No idea how I'll ever find out what it was :(

arg i know what game your talking about too.. use to play it years ago.. now im giving myself a headache trying to remember what its called....

*starts pounding his head trying to remember the game* arg..

Terminal Velocity? There were a couple of versions of this game. I know MS had one for Win 95. There was a game with a different name, that was basically the same game too, so there could be another name for it. Nevermind, I just read the OP again. TV was more like descent. (realtime) I'm at a loss on this one, but it did make me remember Subspace. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A time frame may help here. Do you remember how long ago this was?

I don't recall the name either but I vaguely remember the game I think you are referring to. Space was sectorized. You logged in and entered your moves. It was 2D graphics. You logged in the next day to see what happened and enter a new set of moves. This was mid top late nineties if I recall.

Tark

I think Tark might be thinking of Tradewars, but I'm not sure that fits the description of what the OP is talking about.

Back