Old Corsair H100 AIO Question

JPW

Limp Gawd
I have an NIB Corsair H100 (non-I) cooler. Box says it supports Intel 2011, 1366, 1155, 1156, and 775.

Will it work with socket 1151?

The bracket seems to line up on the back of the motherboard, but I haven't checked CPU contact.

TIA

It Probably works, like the same spacing as 1150. it's like the middle spacing etc...been around forever...some 1366 mobo's even had it.

Thanks guys! Got it all installed and works like a champ!

Glad it worked out for you. I have an old h100 too, considering repurposing radiator.

Be careful with these Corsair coolers. I am on my third H100i in the period of three years as it seems like the pumps commonly fail after about a year's worth of use. The last pump failure cost me my 3930K. :( They are great when they are working, but reliability doesn't seem to be Corsair's strong point.

Be careful with these Corsair coolers. I am on my third H100i in the period of three years as it seems like the pumps commonly fail after about a year's worth of use. The last pump failure cost me my 3930K. :( They are great when they are working, but reliability doesn't seem to be Corsair's strong point.
How did it cost your your CPU? Shouldn't the pump tach signal have dropped out and your mobo went into shutdown? Or your CPU gone into thermal shutdown?

Or are you saying the thing leaked and fried stuff?

The pump was still reading ~2200 rpm, but was not moving any liquid. As with my previous failures, Corsair said that it was either a blockage or failed impeller in the pump. I did not have the Corsair link installed, and had my machine rendering out an animation and noticed it was running quite sluggish. I checked my taskman and saw that my computer was throttling heavily, and then went into check my temps and saw that they were 95C+. I disconnected the H100 and put on my Evo 212 and while my temps dropped, my system was very unstable until one reboot it wouldn't even post. I personally won't be taking a chance on any other Corsair cooling peripherals, nor would i recommend them to anyone else until their quality improves.

The pump was still reading ~2200 rpm, but was not moving any liquid. As with my previous failures, Corsair said that it was either a blockage or failed impeller in the pump. I did not have the Corsair link installed, and had my machine rendering out an animation and noticed it was running quite sluggish. I checked my taskman and saw that my computer was throttling heavily, and then went into check my temps and saw that they were 95C+. I disconnected the H100 and put on my Evo 212 and while my temps dropped, my system was very unstable until one reboot it wouldn't even post. I personally won't be taking a chance on any other Corsair cooling peripherals, nor would i recommend them to anyone else until their quality improves.

It's the Impeller. Same thing happened to one of those pumps really slowed down to like nothing. And I never cleaned the cold plate/blocked and started running even hotter.

Back