OK.. There is Definitely something wrong here

Starguard

Limp Gawd
For some strange reason, when I visit certain websites that offer videos that have to be clicked on in order to be viewed, the videos won't play. All I get is an hour glass that runs for about 5 seconds, then stops. Some videos will play, while others won't. This wasn't a problem before.

Need Assistance :(

What browser are you using? Have you also tired updating to the new Flash 10.1RC? One more thing is if you've updated any drivers lately, mainly for your videocard.

My browser is Internet Explorer 8. I have all the lastest updates from Adobe Flash Player and I havent uploaded any new drivers.

Try Firefox, Chrome, or Opera to see if it's a IE8 only issue or a general flash issue.

Shouldn't assume that the videos are played using Flash. Establish it as a fact first, then troubleshoot further.

What so strange is that some sites I go to will play video clips just fine, where others have stopped altogether. Some that I've bookmarked no longer work either. :(

I have all the adobe Flashplayer updates, so I dont know why this is happening!

google flash test does it pass?
go to youtube does it work?
Check your Add IN in IE to make sure Flash is Enabled.

Need to know which videos arent working, give us a link if you dont know what runs

In addition to what the others posted, uninstall flash and reinstall the latest version, also update your video drivers.

"hey where's the best deli in Paris?"
"why are you eating in Paris, eat in New York."
:rolleyes:

why are you using ie8? switch to firefox..
Not everyone likes, or can even stand Firefox. I give it a try every so often, and then I get tired of dealing with the weird quirks. I use IE8 and have no issues with it. You need to update your thinking a few years, and lose the "just because it's Microsoft, it sucks" line of thinking. Besides, the browser of choice isn't the problem here.

why are you using ie8? switch to firefox..
What a complete and utter worthless post.
I wish every forum had some sort of bury button like Digg has- to where users can bury such nonsense so nobody can see it.

Not everyone likes, or can even stand Firefox. I give it a try every so often, and then I get tired of dealing with the weird quirks. I use IE8 and have no issues with it. You need to update your thinking a few years, and lose the "just because it's Microsoft, it sucks" line of thinking. Besides, the browser of choice isn't the problem here.
I had someone tell me (after me using the term "BCB" (Bing Cashback) ) once that they weren't going to do that because it was a Microsoft thing.
I'm like, "OK- I'll enjoy my $500 in cash I get back... Have fun not getting any money back".

Anyway OP-
Again, what's the codec? Paste a link if you don't know.
Try another browser as well (IMO Chrome is the #2 to IE nowadays... Only reason I don't like using it is lack of integration to UAC).

I've loaded Adobe FlashPlayer 10 and is still hasnt changed anything. Some video links work fine, while other "that use to work" now give me "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" when clicked on!

:(

...and you still haven't confirmed that Flash is being used, nor have you given us example videos, nor any other info. Seems like you don't want to get this fixed, even if you've made 3 threads about what appears to be essentially the same issue.

while other "that use to work" now give me "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" when clicked on!

that's usually a web server, dns, etc issue, not browser issue.

Not always, but most of the time.

provide examples?
have a different computer you can test the same exact links on to verify whether it's the webhost or the computer?

...and you still haven't confirmed that Flash is being used, nor have you given us example videos, nor any other info. Seems like you don't want to get this fixed, even if you've made 3 threads about what appears to be essentially the same issue.

No kidding. This is turning into a classic classification of what a Troll is.

Do you have Java and Silverlight, Flash is not the only thing for videos up to date?

Provide useful information, like links, results of the flashtest as linked above. Fuck, why is it so hard to get people to get off their asses and do anything to help themselves?!

I copied the address from my desktop and retyped it on my laptop and it seems to work fine there. You know guys, Im cool with this. I can jump back and forth between my laptop and my desktop when necessary and if needed, I'll just reload my software on my desktop and start from scratch!

Thanks guys :cool:

Back