OK Mtnduey. Show yourself

jebo_4jc

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - April 2011
2FA
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
14,572
I'm supposed to be the only no-name mowing my way up the ranks.....ok me and sazaneyes. Seems now there is another newbie mower.
 
I'm supposed to be the only no-name mowing my way up the ranks.....ok me and sazaneyes. Seems now there is another newbie mower.

Yes, he is schduled to mow me anyday now and I want to know what hardware he is running :eek:
 
I noticed his recent ramp-up was impressive. I think he posted recently saying he had been running Linux bigadv, so I guess he was able to switch over to Windows.
 
actually, now that I look at the top 20 ppd again, there are a lot of us with less than 10 million points. that's a good thing for the team
 
All you young punks keep showing up on my threat list...

/shakes cane

Bing it n00bs!

(Glad to have ya, we needed some new blood around here)

 
yeah its fun to mow through the bottom feeders of the team :)

Enjoy it while you can...hit the top 50 and watch everything come to a virtual halt. I am happy if I move up one position a week any more. Being a thorn in Kendrak's side is always nice, though... :)
 
Enjoy it while you can...hit the top 50 and watch everything come to a virtual halt. I am happy if I move up one position a week any more. Being a thorn in Kendrak's side is always nice, though... :)

:( I move up about 40-50 ranks every update or so.. I know it's going to come screeching in about two or three weeks though.. I guess at that point I just have to build more machines... :)
 
hehe it's kinda funny seeing my name pop up in the DC forums :)

I'm actually still running Linux SMP on all but three machines currently that are older 32 bit hardware running windows since Linux SMP requires 64bit OS.

I've got a mix of seriously old servers and some fairly recent stuff, it's pretty interesting to see the difference in frame times and wattage on old vs sorta new vs really new hardware.

So while I'm using the -bigadv flag on my linux SMP boxes, they're not getting bigadv cores of course as they stopped that months ago it seems. So the points you see since early June are bigadv free. Looking forward to when the Linux bigadv comes back, really curious to see the difference in frame times and crunch the numbers on efficiency PPD/watt.

I'm going to try and get that HFM.net tool installed tomorrow so I can keep better track of which machines are putting out the best bang for buck.

1
 
Yeah, top 50 is SLOW going.

Top 50.....

Try top 15.

I have to fold at current pace just to mow someone over who is standing still :p

Any who, Glad to see a fresh pair of clippers coming up from the bottom.
 
Top 50.....

Try top 15.

I have to fold at current pace just to mow someone over who is standing still :p

Any who, Glad to see a fresh pair of clippers coming up from the bottom.

And don't forget that Mr. Tigger is coming back very soon!

The guy goes on a 3 month vacation and you guys still can't mow him :p
 
And don't forget that Mr. Tigger is coming back very soon!

The guy goes on a 3 month vacation and you guys still can't mow him :p

That guy is over the horizon. But I do have ROC in my sights..... 1.3 years! :eek:
 
All you young punks keep showing up on my threat list...

/shakes cane

Bing it n00bs!

(Glad to have ya, we needed some new blood around here)


Working on it - but at the moment i take one step forward and one step back
 
I only need about 3 WEEKS to catch you! My mower is moving along nicely.




My current mower has suffered a partial engine failure:mad:
My new mower is slowly being put together:D

You may mow me now but i'll be back;)
 
You have 3.5 months to catch me - after that i unleash my secret weapon :p

I'll get you in about a month and a half I think.. just looking roughly at the numbers..

I'm dropping 33-35k PPD right now.. and in about 2-2.5 weeks I'll have another 15k PPD machine up.. :)
 
I'm starting to like this thread!

/Lazyboy, check. Beer, check. Snacks, check.
 
Your secret weapon is on your side of the pond.

Thanks, should have it for the weekend then - just pricing up the other bits now. PSU and HDD I already have plus a load of fans, just ram and CPU's to get:cool::D
 
Hmm, glad I switched over to bigadv now, should be able to top 100k on just half the rack, should really help withthw bills and heat, I can even shut off glados

Yea, top 50 is grueling, I've been at 48 for weeks now, passed one guy in 3 weeks but got mowed in return by nitro lol. Should get 47th here soon tho

top 10 is even harder, that's the real challenge these days
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
had to pull a big chunk of my mower out of the farm today to replace a few other machines that died out on me :(

hope to get them back in action soon.
 
Where better to put my first post than here... Figured I'd drop my name in the list of up and comers.

Me and my dad (DelTacoRay) have been running the standard client for years, but it wasn't until recently when we started to get fancy with it. I've been trying different things, and have had a steady increase in PPD. Hopefully after some overclocking this weekend, we will be a legitimate contender for some of those higher up spots. :)



(That PPD that is shown is a bit dated since it's been rising. Today we got 48,000 points)
 
Top 50.....

Try top 15.

I have to fold at current pace just to mow someone over who is standing still :p

This is definitely true :D

And don't forget that Mr. Tigger is coming back very soon!

The guy goes on a 3 month vacation and you guys still can't mow him :p

Our team will be happy when he comes back.

That guy is over the horizon. But I do have ROC in my sights..... 1.3 years! :eek:

A little over a year for me.

Hmm, glad I switched over to bigadv now, should be able to top 100k on just half the rack, should really help withthw bills and heat, I can even shut off glados

Yea, top 50 is grueling, I've been at 48 for weeks now, passed one guy in 3 weeks but got mowed in return by nitro lol. Should get 47th here soon tho

top 10 is even harder, that's the real challenge these days
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I moved one or two places in the last 6 months.
 
And don't forget that Mr. Tigger is coming back very soon! The guy goes on a 3 month vacation and you guys still can't mow him :p
Our team will be happy when he comes back.
When is Tiger coming back?? Shouldn't he have returned more than a week ago? Is anyone in contact with him or have a good idea what he's been up to...? :confused:

We want Tiger! We want Tiger! We want Tiger! :eek:
 
Back
Top