OK... Just got WOW. Need some advice

Harkamus said:
Reading comprehension 101....

"Sure, I play this game to have fun. I love the hunter class above all other classes, but there's only so much shit and nerfs one can take. It's like why bother playing when we're just getting shafted and becoming worse and worse. To have fun right? Sure...wait until the fun stops."

Cliff notes: I will continue playing until I find that the nerfs make it not fun anymore.
it sounds like you've already hit that point. but that's just an outsiders opinion.
rolleyes.gif

Hunters are great. They are tons of fun early on from level 1-20, and later in the game from about 35 on up. Those 15 levels in between are boring and fustrating though. You are the sole target of high level rogues for ganking. Hunters are great for instances of their level, but nobody wants to take you through higher level instances (gnomeregen, stockades, SM), and you tear through the lower level ones. One of the only ones around that level, Blackfathom Deep, nobody ever goes through. Also this is the time when meat for your pet and ammo gets expensive, so don't expect to have any money. For these reasons, I got so tired of grinding in Raven Hill, I rolled a shadow priest. I know I will go back to my hunter later, and power it through to where they start to get great again.

WangButter said:
Or how about Alliance warlocks basically getting screwed in PvP because now Horde undeads can make themselves immune to BOTH mezzing and fearing? Yes, Hunters have problems, but so does every other class.

Horde Undead are also uneffected by Turn Undead. I mean come on, what part of Turn Undead dont they understand? ;)

NickTheNut said:
actually, that doesn't sound like a poorly worded sentence to me. it sounds like you falling back on your word.

you'll bitch and moan all the way through won't you Bonkro? IF you don't like the bugs, the nerfs, the game, et cetera, than quit playing.

i for one am getting tired of reading WoW threads (because i like the game) only to end up reading all your crying about Blizzard, WoW, and your damn class.

Roll a new character, live with yours, or quit playing. 'nuff said.

I have already stopped playing my hunter, and have re-rolled a warrior on the stormscale server. I will continue to voice my opinion over changes which only hurt the hunter class.

Do the rest of you honestly think your class wont be next ? It started with the warrior class in beta, now its the hunters turn. The only reason they buffed warriors recently is because the customers voiced there dis-satisfaction with the class. If Blizzards track record on nerfs / buffs is an indicator, then there really only is one option for those who find these up comming changes dis-concerting.

You know as well as I do, that when you class is up for nerfs you are going to complain just as much. It amazes me that people that dont even play the Hunter class, can offer so much BS advice up on the subject, when they really dont know what the hell they are talking about. Even the guy who is a hunter, didn't even know exactly what was being changed.

This whole "quit" argument is really getting tired. Do you think it is logical to quit after paying for the game, monthly fees, and investing so much time in your character. Or do you think maybe its better to show your dis-satisfaction on the changes?

bonkrowave said:
You know as well as I do, that when you class is up for nerfs you are going to complain just as much. It amazes me that people that dont even play the Hunter class, can offer so much BS advice up on the subject, when they really dont know what the hell they are talking about. Even the guy who is a hunter, didn't even know exactly what was being changed.

This whole "quit" argument is really getting tired. Do you think it is logical to quit after paying for the game, monthly fees, and investing so much time in your character. Or do you think maybe its better to show your dis-satisfaction on the changes?
actually, no i won't go bitching when they mess up the warrior. I've played my fair share of MMO's, and class balancing has ALWAYS been an ongoing battle for the devs. It's just a fact of MMO life. I hardly even know when theres been a patch.

Also, quitting is thee best way to show your dis-satisfaction of the changes. bitching and moaning as you do is just down right annoying and probably ignored by those that matter.

you're whole argument is getting tired.

NickTheNut said:
actually, no i won't go btiching when they mess up the warrior. I've played my fair share of MMO's, and class balancing has ALWAYS been an ongoing battle for the devs. It's just a fact of MMO life. I hardly even know when theres been a patch.

Also, quitting is thee best way to show your dis-satisfaction of the changes. bitching and moaning as you do is just down right annoying and probably ignored by those that matter.

you're whole argument is getting tired.

I wish all my customers never complained and just took what ever garbage I shoveled them.

You know as well as I do that quiting is not going to make a difference to blizzard at all, because they have over a million subscribers. If you are going to give a suggestion to better voice my level of dis-satisfaction at the changes to the hunter class, could you at least base it in the realm of reality ?

And your not bitching about the warrior, because it was nerfed in beta, and buffed for retail.

bonkrowave said:
I wish all my customers never complained and just took what ever garbage I shoveled them.

You know as well as I do that quiting is not going to make a difference to blizzard at all, because they have over a million subscribers. If you are going to give a suggestion to better voice my level of dis-satisfaction at the changes to the hunter class, could you at least base it in the realm of reality ?

And your not bitching about the warrior, because it was nerfed in beta, and buffed for retail.
you also know as well as i do that your bitching does NOTHING, especially HERE. I don't really believe blizzard has people on staff searching the [H]forum for people who aren't happy w/ WoW. Than seriously taking those suggestions by said people into affect. It's no use bitching here, so go take it somewhere else.

Also, i'm not bitching about the warrior, because as i said - i don't CARE. I play the game to have fun. I don't sit there and crunch numbers to find out what my DPS is, i don't notice all the times i miss an attack, i do not care.

i don't play the game to be the best, or to kick everyone's ass in PVP, i play to enjoy myself. All you are doing is looking for reasons to be butt hurt about the game. I'm looking for ways to enjoy it, and i'm doing just that.

Might I suggest taking out whatever stick is up your ass and just playing the game for what it is. if you can't accept what it is, and learn to take your complaints to the proper place, than shut the hell up and quit.

'nuff said.

NickTheNut said:
you also know as well as i do that your bitching does NOTHING, especially HERE. I don't really believe blizzard has people on staff searching the [H]forum for people who aren't happy w/ WoW. Than seriously taking those suggestions by said people into affect. It's no use bitching here, so go take it somewhere else.

Also, i'm not bitching about the warrior, because as i said - i don't CARE. I play the game to have fun. I don't sit there and crunch numbers to find out what my DPS is, i don't notice all the times i miss an attack, i do not care.

i don't play the game to be the best, or to kick everyone's ass in PVP, i play to enjoy myself. All you are doing is looking for reasons to be butt hurt about the game. I'm looking for ways to enjoy it, and i'm doing just that.

Might I suggest taking out whatever stick is up your ass and just playing the game for what it is. if you can't accept what it is, and learn to take your complaints to the proper place, than shut the hell up and quit.

'nuff said.

So because you dont care, and you have not educated yourself on the effect of the changes everyone else must do the smae ? Ok Hitler, not everyone has the same play style, not everyone plays the game for the same reasons, but forceing someone else to play your way .... is just stupid.

I have already explained that I have stopped playing my hunter. I will continue to voice my opinion about the hunter class, because that is my right as a consumer. You play your way, i'll play mine.

So why dont you just stop repeating the same arguments "to quit" even tho I have addressed that BS multiple times already.

NickTheNut said:

'nuff said.

If you don't dop some number crunching, you'll just keep dying, and then it will be no fun :p

bonkrowave said:
So because you dont care, and you have not educated yourself on the effect of the changes everyone else must do the smae ? Ok Hitler, not everyone has the same play style, not everyone plays the game for the same reasons, but forceing someone else to play your way .... is just stupid.

I have already explained that I have stopped playing my hunter. I will continue to voice my opinion about the hunter class, because that is my right as a consumer. You play your way, i'll play mine.

So why dont you just stop repeating the same arguments "to quit" even tho I have addressed that BS multiple times already.
spin your own shit back around at yourself there buddy.

you're rehashing all the same arguments too.

also, don't even try and compare me to hitler, that's just uncalled for.

funny how you didn't respond to the meat of my last post though. Take your arguments somewhere where they will ACTUALLY be heard by those that matter.

Until you start doing that, and stop doing that here I will continue to tell you to quit the game.

Oh and also, I wasn't telling people to play as i play, with basically a nonchalant attitude towards the game mechanics. I was telling YOU to actually enjoy the game. I don't see how you could be enjoying it with all the crying you do.

NickTheNut said:
spin your own shit back around at yourself there buddy.

you're rehashing all the same arguments too.

also, don't even try and compare me to hitler, that's just uncalled for.

funny how you didn't respond to the meat of my last post though. Take your arguments somewhere where they will ACTUALLY be heard by those that matter.

Until you start doing that, and stop doing that here I will continue to tell you to quit the game.

Oh and also, I wasn't telling people to play as i play, with basically a nonchalant attitude towards the game mechanics. I was telling YOU to actually enjoy the game. I don't see how you could be enjoying it with all the crying you do.

How many times must I state that I stopped playing my hunter and re-rolled a warrior on stormscale ? Just because I am not pleased with the changes to one class does not mean the entire game sucks.

bonkrowave said:
How many times must I state that I stopped playing my hunter and re-rolled a warrior on stormscale ? Just because I am not pleased with the changes to one class does not mean the entire game sucks.
now you're just flat out ignoring what i have to say. Where in my last post did I mention your hunter and warrior? I didn't ask or give any reason for you to mention that.

good job on that one Bonkro.

NickTheNut said:
now you're just flat out ignoring what i have to say. Where in my last post did I mention your hunter and warrior? I didn't ask or give any reason for you to mention that.

good job on that one Bonkro.

Im just following suit.

And I dont need to be giving a reason to say anything. I will say what I want, when I want, I certainly dont need your permission.

bonkrowave said:
Im just following suit.

And I dont need to be giving a reason to say anything. I will say what I want, when I want, I certainly dont need your permission.
wow, you're really getting ridiculous now.

i wasn't trying to give permission, don't get all uppity on me now. I was just trying to say, your comment about your hunter and warrior came completely out of no where. You made it sound as if *I* mentioned your hunter and your warrior. When I had actually said nothing at all about them.

now it just seems like you'r being a baby. grow up.

NickTheNut said:
wow, you're really getting ridiculous now.

i wasn't trying to give permission, don't get all uppity on me now. I was just trying to say, your comment about your hunter and warrior came completely out of no where. You made it sound as if *I* mentioned your hunter and your warrior. When I had actually said nothing at all about them.

now it just seems like you'r being a baby. grow up.

Ok lets try this one more time.

You told me to quit. I told you I already stopped playing my hunter, which is the class I am dis-satisfied with.

Get it now ?

Just because I dont like the changes to the hunter, does not mean I think the game is horrible.

bonkrowave said:
Ok lets try this one more time.

You told me to quit. I told you I already stopped playing my hunter, which is the class I am dis-satisfied with.

Get it now ?

Just because I dont like the changes to the hunter, does not mean I think the game is horrible.
and let's try THIS one more time.

I don't CARE if you aren't playing your hunter anymore. With all the bitching and moaning you do on this forum, i don't see how you could possibly be happy with the game.

Also, why don't you actually go to the blizzard forums and bitch there? Your complaints are pretty much falling on deaf ears over here.

NickTheNut said:
and let's try THIS one more time.

I don't CARE if you aren't playing your hunter anymore. With all the bitching and moaning you do on this forum, i don't see how you could possibly be happy with the game.

Also, why don't you actually go to the blizzard forums and bitch there? Your complaints are pretty much falling on deaf ears over here.

Next time, before playing a game, I'll make sure to ask you if im happy with the game, ok ?
:rolleyes:

I am content to voice my displeasure with the changes made to Hunters in WoW here in the Games and Gaming equipment forum, gee imagine that ... talking about games in this forum. :rolleyes:

Perhaps if it bothers you so much, you should stop forcing your self to read my posts.

I don't really want to get involved this arguement but I just wanted to add that the bitching about the Hunter class in this thread was intended for the original poster (because he asked) and any other players that might potentially want to play as a Hunter.

bonkrowave said:
Next time, before playing a game, I'll make sure to ask you if im happy with the game, ok ?
:rolleyes:

I am content to voice my displeasure with the changes made to Hunters in WoW here in the Games and Gaming equipment forum, gee imagine that ... talking about games in this forum. :rolleyes:

Perhaps if it bothers you so much, you should stop forcing your self to read my posts.
thanks for the sarcasm, because that's really what i implied by saying it sounds as if you aren't happy with the game.

yes, it's ironic, you also express your displeasure in a way that is directed at blizzard. You make it sound like they must surely be reading this post, so they'll get the hint. If you want something to actually be done about it, go to the source. But instead you carry on and on about it when it does absolutely no good, except apparently it makes you feel good.

what bothers me is that you turn every single WoW thread into your own personal playground to show your discontent with the game. This time it was with the hunter class, other times it's been the realm status, other times the lag. The list goes on, and i can't enjoy reading a thread about WoW without noticing it turns into you bitching and moaning.

NickTheNut said:
thanks for the sarcasm, because that's really what i implied by saying it sounds as if you aren't happy with the game.

yes, it's ironic, you also express your displeasure in a way that is directed at blizzard. You make it sound like they must surely be reading this post, so they'll get the hint. If you want something to actually be done about it, go to the source. But instead you carry on and on about it when it does absolutely no good, except apparently it makes you feel good.

what bothers me is that you turn every single WoW thread into your own personal playground to show your discontent with the game. This time it was with the hunter class, other times it's been the realm status, other times the lag. The list goes on, and i can't enjoy reading a thread about WoW without noticing it turns into you bitching and moaning.

hunter class, realm status, lag .... all of these are seperate and different problems. And you are generalizing when you say that, as the last lag thread I posted in I said that things were getting much better.

Good luck with your generalizations.

bonkrowave said:
hunter class, realm status, lag .... all of these are seperate and different problems. And you are generalizing when you say that, as the last lag thread I posted in I said that things were getting much better.

Good luck with your generalizations.
those were just examples i could remember off the top of my head. sorry for not having an exhaustive history of your posts readily available.

and that's the point. they're seperate issues that you somehow get into any WoW thread. Whatever's bothering you the most at any point in time is what gets "discussed".

i'm done. end of story. good bye.

Alex41290 said:
48 hunter here.

hunters are fun. just can't beat shaman (like any class can :rolleyes: )

too bad i rolled on blackhand...didn't know there was a [h] guild :(

but yeah, i have:

48 Hunter
42 Rogue

Both classes are fun.

I'm in blackhand!!

Back