Ok,Ive decided on Fortron. Which one though?

LyL18

Limp Gawd
Okay, Ive read so many posts swearing on the Fortron 530w thats about $75 at newegg. I read they are solid overclocking and blah blah blah. But the one thing I would like to have on my new PSU is a horizontaly mounted fan (preferably < 80mm).

So I'm looking at the Fortron section @ newegg and I see the Fortron 400w w/ 120mm Fan for $65 (or $68 with blue fan). I wont be doing any extreme overclocking, maybe just a little here and there to see what I can do, but just mild stuff so I dont think that a 530w PSU would really serve me much purpose...

Would this 400w PSU serve me the same Fortron quality that I am hearing and still power my system just fine (even maybe with mild overclocking)?

(PS Specs are in the sig, and if you can't tell, I am no PSU master, so excuse anything stupid I have said :p)

400W is fine. You can also get from Sparkle, since they use Fortron. I'm not sure if they have 120mm models and I am too lazy to look.

Tis a good supply, you could also get a 350w, but 400w is really the sweet spot at the moment for future-proofing w/ new video cards and whatnot. You might also check Aopen and Sparkle, as those are just rebadged Fortrons.

Back