Ok BFG You've beyond lost a customer...CARD #5 DOA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the op I can relate to your frustration.
My ongoing BFG experience goes like this. Purchased 2 7800GTX from Dell in Oct.(long story) One gets delivered the other never ships and 5 weeks later it takes an act of my AG to get Dell to ship the other.
Now the BFG part- the first card I got was one of the first ones (stock cooler) and had a bad bios the wouldn't read the clock speeds correctly. Two calls and two hours on hold the emailed me the correct bios. Problem fixed.
The second card was delivered from Dell 12/2 and had the new cooler on it. After running some temp test and taking some readings I noticed a big difference in temps so I called tech support explained my findings and asked them to rma the old card for the "chrome cooler" . They agreed to do it but wouln't crossship so i had to ship it to them first.
12/8 -The card they sent back had the same stock cooler as I sent them but this card looks like it's been "around the block" a few times with greasy fingerprints on the back of the heatsinks.
Call back and sit on hold for an hour again but in the check your rma que. The woman I spoke to said I needed to talk to tech support and someone would call me back in a half hour.
Almost 3 hours later I decided to call them and after an hour on hold the tech agrees to crossship this time for their screw up.
12/14 - Guess what I got - the same stock cooler again! So I go on hold again for another hour+ but this time after explaining it to the third tech he put's me on hold to get the ok from his supervisor then comes back and cites the disclaimer from their website "specs subjuect to change" crap. Too bad so sad we screwed up again so live with it!
I asked to talk to his supervisor and after explaining my position about how they agreed to do it twice now he's backing out of their commitment. He made some excuses for the warehouse but agreed to handle it personally so I finally recieved the chrome cooler one.
It came in a different packaging than the other 2 so i figured it was handled personally by the warehouse.
Now I got the right card finally and the packing slip,instructions what to do with the other card,and a sheet telling me to use the return label for the other card.
But no return label. Arghhh!
Bottom line is the warehouse uses temps who don't give a shit. Even the packing slips say it. "Who printed - temp1"
All of the tech's I spoke to said they have no control over their warehouse and are kinda at their mercy. They can request it but it doesn't mean it's going to happen like my second card.
I've been a loyal BFG customer since the 5900 series and having 3 issues taken care of promptly before all of this made up my mind before purchasing another brand.
But 6+ hours on hold and all the bs really will come into play when I make my next upgrade.
It won't be "wait and see" what BFG has to offer. It will be remember the 7800GTX .....

Edit:I was wrong about the return label! It was in one of their 50ish foam and bubble bags in the outer box! :D

That's really the story of how NOT to do customer service. Sorry

However, this last month I have to say I feel lucky. I started building the rig in the sig on 11/07/2005 when I bought the motherboard on eBay cause it was the only place I could find it, and it's still not easy to find.

After buying stuff from eBay, Monarch, ZipZoomFly, NewEgg, and CoolGear all on line, the only problems I had were waiting on the BFG GTX 512's and ZipZoomFly telling me that they had shipped my power supply when it was really on backorder, but it did come, four days late.

So, almost $4k in stuff online, and with the expection of one fricking BIOS setting that had me stumpped until this morning, everything worked perfectly!

I have to admit I was a little scared that I would go through something like you did. Luck will beat everything else always.

This is my first BFG product, and so far, I am happy.

Maybe if you push a little, BFG will try to make it up to you!

I've never once flat out said BFG SUX on here. So all of you trying to start a flame war on here about that...Please post an exact quote with post # and all! Second of all, I had updated my audio drivers to the latest, and I ran driver cleaner pro to remove the nvidia drivers before running the driver update. Same thing happened (card died), so I ran driver cleaner and reverted to the previous 70something drivers. I upgraded my drivers to the 80something. I have horrible memory, lol. I believe it was 77.something though that were the original drivers. And lithium, I can understand your frustraition with smith, but you must learn, there are going to be, well let's just say people that can rub off as being a pain in the butt. All you do is let the garbage go in one ear and out the other. Don't let them get their jollies off of you retaliating. And smith I agree, you can post whatever you want on these forums within the rules. And you have been within the rules, so it's not a prob with me! My EVGA is still running perfect, so we'll give it till a week after new years to say that it's not my system, just to appease everyone on here.....

EDIT:

Maybe if you push a little, BFG will try to make it up to you!

They've already made it up to me, I sold their card and no longer have to deal with them, that's more than I could ever ask for!!!

Bfg is the best I never had a problem with them. When i rmaed my ti4200 i got a 5900xt oc for it. Also I just rmaed my fx 5700ultra and got a 6800oc today.

takuma said:
Bfg is the best I never had a problem with them. When i rmaed my ti4200 i got a 5900xt oc for it. Also I just rmaed my fx 5700ultra and got a 6800oc today.
if BFG was the best then every single thread about them would not involve an RMA. almost every person that even says something positive about BGF talks about how good their RMA went. it looks like most of their damn products are defective. i have never had to do an RMA maybe because i have NEVER owned a BFG. :eek:

trek554 said:
if BFG was the best then every single thread about them would not involve an RMA. almost every person that even says something positive about BGF talks about how good their RMA went. it looks like most of their damn products are defective. i have never had to do an RMA maybe because i have NEVER owned a BFG. :eek:

if you've never owned a bfg product, why would you bash them about their service? you read lots of threads saying about bad rmas....no one ever speaks of a good one. ever read evga rma threads? bfg sells ALOT of cards, so it's not un natural to hear of all the bad things. big whoop, rma goes bad, they send out another one.

trek554 said:

What I'm hoping is that this is just a temporary problem with the company. For a while Evga didn't have "lifetime warrenties" and put out some pretty crappy cooler designs not to mention charging you extra for them, now they ship some of the most bitchen' cards around. Companies are run by people and people change. Companies have problems and sometimes they get better, sometimes they don't. I'm hoping that these problems don't continue but then again as a customer I don't have a choice in that - I can only vote with my dollars and that's gonna be a "wait and see" for my next purchase.

I bought a BFG 7800GT from Dell (old cooler) then 1 month later bought a 2nd 7800GT from Newegg (copper cooler). I got a couple Zalmans for symetry & no probs whatsoever. I also bought/used and eventually sold 2 different BFG 6800GTs....no problems. I guess I've just had "good luck" with crappy BFG products :)

TheJackal said:
if you've never owned a bfg product, why would you bash them about their service? you read lots of threads saying about bad rmas....no one ever speaks of a good one. ever read evga rma threads? bfg sells ALOT of cards, so it's not un natural to hear of all the bad things. big whoop, rma goes bad, they send out another one.
i was saying that even when someone says that BFG is a great company it usually involves a damn RMA comment. every positive or negative comment about BFG involves an RMA. if the company was worth a shit they wouldnt have so many defective cards in the FIRST PLACE. :D

TheJackal said:

I spent my entire week long vacation trying to play Quake 4 on a GF3ti 500 because my BFG RMA went bad not once but TWICE .:mad: In the end I got a working replacement for my dead card and my machine is sitting pretty but the problems that people are posting about in here are not imagined and are a "big whoop". Don't discount the problems that people have posted about in here because when it's your finely tuned gaming machine that's down beause of crap that isn't your fault it IS a big deal.

/Deep breath..... ok. :)

a0gamer0a said:
I spent my entire week long vacation trying to play Quake 4 on a GF3ti 500 because my BFG RMA went bad not once but TWICE .:mad: In the end I got a working replacement for my dead card and my machine is sitting pretty but the problems that people are posting about in here are not imagined and are a "big whoop". Don't discount the problems that people have posted about in here because when it's your finely tuned gaming machine that's down beause of crap that isn't your fault it IS a big deal.

/Deep breath..... ok. :)

no, i have had 2 rma's with them. BOTH went through fine. BOTH rmas came back fine. i've had nothing but good service from them and so have others. so they messed up, big deal. they sent you back another one didn't they? if that one dies, will they send you another one? if that one dies, will they send you another? a lifetime warranty is hard to beat, so focus on the good versus the bad. i know it sucks not having a good card when yours is being rma'd. i've had to play fear with a x300, sucked balls. :(

but in the end, everything worked out. both of my rma's weren't bfg's fault anyway.:eek:

TheJackal said:
no, i have had 2 rma's with them. BOTH went through fine. BOTH rmas came back fine. i've had nothing but good service from them and so have others. so they messed up, big deal. they sent you back another one didn't they? if that one dies, will they send you another one? if that one dies, will they send you another? a lifetime warranty is hard to beat, so focus on the good versus the bad. i know it sucks not having a good card when yours is being rma'd. i've had to play fear with a x300, sucked balls. :(

but in the end, everything worked out. both of my rma's weren't bfg's fault anyway.:eek:

:confused: Did you even see what happened with my RMA? I know I'm not imagining it, I even took pictures to prove it. I probably would be so torqued about it if this crap didn't happen over my vacation. In my case and others that have posted here it was one long continual screwup. It took a whole month because first they shipped me the wrong card, then they shipped me a dead card. I'm glad your RMAs went through ok, and in the end I got back up and running but don't think for an instant that this won't influence my next $400 purchase. I have to save up for years to come up with that kind of cash and an experience like that is something you just don't chalk up as no big deal. :mad:

TheJackal said:

SEE YOU JUST PROVED MY DAMN POINT! you had to RMA and you think that BFG is great beacause they finally gave you a working card. THEY SHOULD WORK THE FIRST TIME OUT OF THE BOX. i bet that of all the BFG owners on here atleast 50% have had to RMA a card! :eek:

trek554 said:
SEE YOU JUST PROVED MY DAMN POINT! you had to RMA and you think that BFG is great beacause they finally gave you a working card. THEY SHOULD WORK THE FIRST TIME OUT OF THE BOX. i bet that of all the BFG owners on here atleast 50% have had to RMA a card! :eek:

I don't know if I'd agree with that either. The whole point is that a lot of people have BFG cards that work just fine, and some people that have BFG RMA'ed cards that were ok, but there are also a whole lot of people who have had lots of problems with BFG RMAs lately that simply didn't need to happen. BFG needs to look at the way they handle those RMAs to keep this type of stuff from happening in the future.

Most likely is that they have policies or procidures (or people) in place that allow crap like this to happen and most good businesses go to great lengths to find them and fix them (the policies :p ). If BFG does this it will go a long way to help restore my faith in them as a company.

trek554 said:

no no no.

my first card, bought from bestbuy, worked fine out of the box. it was great until overclocking killed it. rma'd it, got another one.

my second card arrived fine, worked out of the box. overclocking killed that one. bought a 20->24 pin adapter, and i am where i am.

my third card arrived fine also, worked out of the box. overclocked it, and it's running fine. my psu and the need of a 20-24 pin adapter to overclock killed my cards. none was bfg's fault. it was all my fault, and yes i rma'd them even though i voided the warranty. it's all in the past and i've heard it all, and i know that if this was your investment, you'd do the same. yes, i have to live with that.

so no, i never recieved a bad card. all rma's were my fault which is why i usually defend bfg when i hear some of these stories about getting shit loads of DOA. maybe it's because i live close by, idk.

a0gamer0a said:
I don't know if I'd agree with that either. The whole point is that a lot of people have BFG cards that work just fine, and some people that have BFG RMA'ed cards that were ok, but there are also a whole lot of people who have had lots of problems with BFG RMAs lately that simply didn't need to happen. BFG needs to look at the way they handle those RMAs to keep this type of stuff from happening in the future.

Most likely is that they have policies or procidures (or people) in place that allow crap like this to happen and most good businesses go to great lengths to find them and fix them (the policies :p ). If BFG does this it will go a long way to help restore my faith in them as a company.
there shouldnt be that many defective cards in the first place. i bet you had to RMA your BFG didnt you? i have installed atleast 25 nvidia video cards and none were defective. of course none were BFG either. :D

a0gamer0a said:
:confused: Did you even see what happened with my RMA? I know I'm not imagining it, I even took pictures to prove it. I probably would be so torqued about it if this crap didn't happen over my vacation. In my case and others that have posted here it was one long continual screwup. It took a whole month because first they shipped me the wrong card, then they shipped me a dead card. I'm glad your RMAs went through ok, and in the end I got back up and running but don't think for an instant that this won't influence my next $400 purchase. I have to save up for years to come up with that kind of cash and an experience like that is something you just don't chalk up as no big deal. :mad:

if it didn't go right for you, just call bfg after you recieved your bad card, and go from there. you won't go unheard. if you don't like the service or how they deal with rma's, you can always just sell your card and try another brand, possibly trading it on the FS/T board.

TheJackal said:
if it didn't go right for you, just call bfg after you recieved your bad card, and go from there. you won't go unheard. if you don't like the service or how they deal with rma's, you can always just sell your card and try another brand, possibly trading it on the FS/T board.

Sell a dead card in the SF/T board isn't an option for me, would you want to buy it? :eek:
It took 3 cards, 7 hours on the phone and an email to their product manager in order to get my problem fixed, people shouldn't have to deal with that.

My point is that something is wrong with the way they handle their RMAs that allow this stuff to happen and if people don't make this known then there will be no driving force for them to fix it. I really do admire the philophophy of a company that is run by people who are geuninly passionate about their product and I want them to do better. :)

a0gamer0a said:
Sell a dead card in the SF/T board isn't an option for me, would you want to buy it? :eek:
lol i was talking about the one working in your computer :p

TheJackal said:
lol i was talking about the one working in your computer :p

lol, no thanks - now that it's working I don't want to mess with it. :D It's the "Feng Shui" of my case!

Well I've shared my experience with BFG to you guy's, so take it or leave it! Like I've said before, just because I had a bad experience, doesn't necessarily mean you will. If you have any spare systems around the house, let's use them to fold for a cure (check the folding forum). I know that was way off topic...Well mod's this threads dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back