Offline LAN gaming on Xbox360

Klingon

n00b
Is this even possible? I suspect you must be at least authed via Xbox live to be able to make a new game or am I wrong?

Reason I ask is that we want to arrange a Xbox360 LAN but we do not have internet available at our location.

It depends on the game. If the game supports system link it should be possible to play via a LAN without requiring an active Internet connection and Gold memberships.

What games do you have in mind for playing?

Aha.

Halo3 slayer/team slayer
Gears of War (all modes)
Left 4 dead 1/2 (all modes)

Is there some overview page for xbxo360 games giving me this information perhaps?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_360_System_Link_games

All the games you mentioned are able to be played over system link offline, according to this page and some Googling of my own.

The only games I've encountered that offer system link but still requires Xbox Live Gold is Modern Warfare 2 and Army of Two: 40th Day. MW2 is offline for the competitive multiplayer but you need to create a game through Xbox Live for Spec Ops.

There is also a program called Xlink Kai that will allow local network or even full internet play independent of LIVE. Unfortunately, it only works on SystemLink games too.

To be honest, I'd love to see every single game with a multiplayer facet offer SystemLink play for use with Xlink Kai or other alternative networks.

There is also a program called Xlink Kai that will allow local network or even full internet play independent of LIVE. Unfortunately, it only works on SystemLink games too.

To be honest, I'd love to see every single game with a multiplayer facet offer SystemLink play for use with Xlink Kai or other alternative networks.

Will this work on a banned console as well?

Will this work on a banned console as well?

I believe so. Xlink "tricks" the box into thinking it's doing a system link session with other xboxes that are also on xlink, basically mimicking a LAN, which doesn't touch XBL at all.

Back