[OFFICIAL] Runescape 'Old School' 2007 Server

Jonesyy

Weaksauce
Thank you Jagex, you have redeemed yourself in my opinion.

The game I - and potentially a lot of you - loved about 7 years or more ago has been brought back due to popular demand. I imagine it is due to the huge popularity of the 2006scape server proving to Jagex two home truths:

1. They can still make a lot of money off pre-2007 RS.
2. Nobody but the youngest of our generations want to play what they have evolved RS in to.

For me what Jagex always did wrong was to introduce changes to fix things that were broken. The Grand Exchange and Wilderness being the major ones.

So as a result Jagex put up a vote, where if 50k paying members votes yes on the 2007 version they would reintroduce it for an additional membership fee. Within hours it smashed the 250k mark and is now heading to 500k, the increments which dictate how much support the server will hold. If 500k is reached by March a dedicated team will support the game and in theory create an alternate timeline. I wouldn't mind them updating textures and the resolution, maybe even the camera but aside from that the game seems perfect as is.

I am very happy about this and wanted to share the news. It only started this weekend so only a small group of hardcore gamers are anywhere near the higher levels.

I used to play RS back around 8-10 years ago. had loads of fun, since it was my first mmo experience.

i am glad to see the reverted to an older version. i didn't like the way they were going last time i played.

Now if only other companies listened to their fans like this. I'm sure an offical pre UO:R or SWG pre CU would also have been popular even with a nominal extra fee.

I have no experience with Runescape though.

Give it a go, I moved from RS to WoW at some point but now I am older I can see that RS is more rewarding in a lot of ways.

I wish they hadn't broken SWG. Had so much potential. SWG 2 would have been better than SWTOR.

I used to love playing RS after doing my school work at school year and years ago. Like in the 2000/2001 time frame.

I used to love playing RS after doing my school work at school year and years ago. Like in the 2000/2001 time frame.
Think I was 2005-2007 (early).

I think I used to love playing RS INSTEAD of doing my school work :p

The nostalgia is a nice feeling though. I expect it to be ruined in one way or another in the future but for now I am happy.

Think I was 2005-2007 (early).

I think I used to love playing RS INSTEAD of doing my school work :p

The nostalgia is a nice feeling though. I expect it to be ruined in one way or another in the future but for now I am happy.

Oh I liked to play RS instead too, but I had to do the work. My teacher was cool as shit through HS; I had him every year, since he taught so many different computer courses. I always picked them and I usually had him 2 - 3 times per school year. As long as you completed your work, you could do whatever you wanted to on the computer. His class was my first time ever playing a FPS (Unreal Tournament) on a PC and I've been hooked ever since. He even used to play with us most of the time.

Giving this a try. I know I don't have the time to make an awesome character these days (especially since PS2 is my main game now), but this is a real sandbox MMORPG with a real player run economy - something that doesn't these days any more. Also, from what I've read there are a few quests you can do right away to get past the painful early levels (like Waterfall Quest = instant 30 att/str)

Edit : The only thing that's a pain is having to drop my resolution every time I go on. It's kind of ridiculous dropping from 1440P to 720P just so I don't have to squint at the game client, and then back when I'm done, so hopefully they fix this. Pre-2007 we didn't all use 1080, 1200, 1440, and 1600P monitors.

There is a lot of annoying comments from the odd community supporting Jagex. People demanding NO changes, even if they would be beneficial such as the resolution changes. Others are demanding changes like Grand Exchange etc which would make it a modern RS completely defeating the point :p

Hopefully they will add changes that only effect the ease use and not ease of gameplay. Up to now I am loving being back.

Jonesy Lmao, add me anybody who signs up :)

@ Skillz - He sounds so cool, I wish I'd have had teachers like that. I think for a few months I managed to get on RS at school during lunch but that was all. Then I'd go home, log on and come offline about 3am before getting up at 8am. Somehow. Sounds sad now but back then it was blissful.

So as a result Jagex put up a vote, where if 50k paying members votes yes on the 2007 version they would reintroduce it for an additional membership fee

Its easy to vote on a poll.. how many of those paying 500k that voted Yes will actually pay the extra and play?

IMO its probably a small percentage

The entire poll is inaccurate, but what can you do. Multi-voters and people who only play EOC but wanted to help out askew it slightly.

I'd personally rather pay some even if we hit 500k (we won't but they have said they might round up) because if it makes them money they are likely to keep it alive for longer.

Back