Official PS5 Thread

These disks are BS like a 10 gig update even after it loads the SSD.
Took me like a hour and half to setup.
Yup, another reason I don't care for physical media anymore; you still have to download half the game over and the disc is little more than a license check at that point.

What is the best way to exit the game? Only option I could find is power down the PS5.
Demon Souls looks like Gold on 1080P VA monitor wasn't really impressed with the sound effect but I'm sure they pick up
used my lonely Sound Blaster Katana Soundbar V2. Just ran a AUX cord from the monitor to the Soundbar.

What is the best way to exit the game? Only option I could find is power down the PS5.
Demon Souls looks like Gold on 1080P VA monitor wasn't really impressed with the sound effect but I'm sure they pick up
used my lonely Sound Blaster Katana Soundbar V2. Just ran a AUX cord from the monitor to the Soundbar.
Hit the PS button on the controller to bring up the system tray (or whatever it’s called) and select the home icon. That takes back out to the PS main menu.

Hit the PS button on the controller to bring up the system tray (or whatever it’s called) and select the home icon. That takes back out to the PS main menu.
Or just hold in on the PS button and it takes you directly back to the home screen.

What is the Best Mod or Gadget I can add to this thing?
Just replaced the short stock controller cord with a glow in the Dark USB-C cord. Really would like a storage bin for the games since they are just laying around. I saw that cooling tower thing but that makes the PS4 vertical
where their is storage on the back of it and charge pods for the controllers. Really isn't necessary to upgrade the storage could take a 1TB SSD out of my PC and put my UBI games on the empty 2TB.
I don't think I'll own more than 4-5 games but I might be wrong depends what is going to come out or not.

Last edited:
What is the Best Mod or Gadget I can add to this thing?
Just replaced the short stock controller cord with a glow in the Dark USB-C cord.
Really would like a storage bin for the games since they are just laying around.
I saw that cooling tower thing but that makes the PS4 vertical
where their is storage on the back of it and charge pods for the controllers.
Really isn't necessary to upgrade the storage could take a 1TB SSD out of my PC and put my UBI games on the empty 2TB.
I don't think I'll own more than 4-5 games but I might be wrong depends what is going to come out or not.

Other than a few extra controllers and the Pulse 3D headset, I only got the charging dock for two controllers that I sit on the platform at the end of my couch along with a USB-C PD charging hub for charging phones, in-use controllers, Pulse headset, laptop, etc. Got a 2TB 980 Pro SSD recently when they dropped below $200 for Prime Day, but am using another 4TB USB HDD I moved over from my PS4 Pro to keep all my old PS4 games on and also PS5 games I'm not actively playing since you have to play PS5 games from a SSD.

The Pulse headset has been good for me, though not as comfortable as other higher end headphones like the Sony WH1000 XM3/XM4s I have, but are definitely better than using those aforementioned headphones wired into the controller still because the Pulse seems to focus more on higher frequencies like voice and gunshots than standard headphones, but also give up more bass to do so, which I think is more appropriate for gaming anyways.

I have an entertainment center for storing the few physical games and other accessories, so never needed a special stand or anything for my consoles.

Yeah I'm going to put my UBI games on my bigger SSD drive and use 1TB SSD in the PS5.
I have lots of SSD space like 10TB on my PC. Then again I might wait for the space to be used up. But Horizon Forbidden West is 97 gigs I read.

PS5 SSD is only 667.2GB

Last edited:
Yeah I'm going to put my UBI games on my bigger SSD drive and use 1TB SSD in the PS5.
I have lots of SSD space like 10TB on my PC. Then again I might wait for the space to be used up.
But Horizon Forbidden West is 97 gigs I read.

PS5 SSD is only 667.2GB
I assume that 1TB SSD is a gen 4 SSD? If not, it won't work in the PS5. It should also have at least a 5,500 MB/s read speed, but from what I've seen so far, slower Gen 4 drives seem to work just as well on existing games.

Picked up a 1TB SSD Gen4 I figured I'll never use a 2TB ssd for the PS5 anyway.
Don't plan on making the PS5 my home just a visiting center. Unlike my PS4 I won't sell this system
don't care how long in the tooth the system gets or how much people reject the system after they bought it like so many on ebay.

Haven't been keeping up with news but...Can you go into a store and buy a ps5 now?

I can't justify the PS+ membership I mean you even need it for backup saves.
59.00 Essential
99.00 Extra
or
119.99 Premium

I mean I rather just buy a Steam wallet code before that because it's vaporware.

Popped or Pryed off the cover on PS5 just wanted to see what I was in for installing an SSD. I haven't had this much fun with a console since my PS3. PS4 was ok but it wasn't much game wise graphically I mean Horizon Forbidden West looks totally next gen even if its on the PS4 the extra FPS makes it worth it for smoothness. Demon Souls is worth it and Ghost of Tushima is in the mail.

Last edited:
Wtf is the big button in the middle for in the Dual Sense controller it a screen or something?

Picked up a few games

Demons Souls
Ratchet and Clank
Spiderman Miles Morales
Horizon Forbidden West
Ghost of Tushima

Really nothing else I want except for the new God of War but it's 69.00 for a console game :p
Ever other game I got for far below retail price I read something about a Bloodborne remake and Bloodborne 2 in the works but I checked out the Devs. Bluepoint and they are hiring like for every position so not sure
how it's going to go for that one.

Last edited:
Just installed a 1TB 980 Pro with Heatsink I didn't trust anything else really the WD SN850 looked ok but went with Samsung.
When you format the drive then install it check on the size in the system settings it uses the entire drive. You know Windows 11 sets part of the drive for system files just to have it up and running this lets you use the entire 1TB it's like 930 Gigs in Windows 11 on a 1TB drive.
Epic and their stupid launcher should have a better system for moving files the PS5 makes the Epic launcher is like borrowed adware ancient garbage.

Last edited:
Checked out the prices for games I bought on ebay Walmart wants 69.00 for Miles Morales, Rachet and Clank Ghost of Tushima and Horizon Forbidden West. Demons Souls was Sold out but it was that price at Launch. So 345.00 vs 220.00 or so you gotta consider you can sell these games whenever you want. Ebay look for good feedback and any damage to the Disk.

Checked out the prices for games I bought on ebay Walmart wants 69.00 for Miles Morales, Rachet and Clank Ghost of Tushima and Horizon Forbidden West. Demons Souls was Sold out but it was that price at Launch. So 345.00 vs 220.00 or so you gotta consider you can sell these games whenever you want. Ebay look for good feedback and any damage to the Disk.
Weird. Miles was never a $70 game. It was $50 on release. I wouldn't be going to ebay for PS5 games anyway. There are deals all over from legit stores for a lot less. You can typically find PS5 games $50 or less a couple months after release.

For PS5 so far (and the most of my PS4 games), I've only bought Horizon FW day one for $60 (PS4 version with free PS5 upgrade), and I've got all my games directly from PSN on sale for $5-40. PSN almost always matches Steam and other physical store sales.

I don't care about selling games back and would be pretty hard for me to do stationed overseas anyways. And that also makes it much harder/slower buying US region physical games as well unless I want to order online and wait two weeks to ship.

Next full price game will be God of War and maybe the Dead Space remake and Callisto Protocol if they review well.

PlayStation 5 Major Hardware Revamp with Detachable Disc Drive Reportedly Planned for 2023

According to insider Tom Henderson, who’s delivered the goods on Sony hardware in the past, a significant revamp of the PlayStation 5 is in the works for 2023...this new PS5 is apparently codenamed the “D chassis” internally (following the A, B, and C chassis models)...per Henderson, the big difference is this model will offer a detachable Blu-ray disc drive

It's said the detachable disc drive will plug into a USB-C port on the back of the console and won’t “ruin the aesthetics” of the machine...

https://insider-gaming.com/new-playstation-5/

PlayStation 5 Major Hardware Revamp with Detachable Disc Drive Reportedly Planned for 2023

According to insider Tom Henderson, who’s delivered the goods on Sony hardware in the past, a significant revamp of the PlayStation 5 is in the works for 2023...this new PS5 is apparently codenamed the “D chassis” internally (following the A, B, and C chassis models)...per Henderson, the big difference is this model will offer a detachable Blu-ray disc drive

It's said the detachable disc drive will plug into a USB-C port on the back of the console and won’t “ruin the aesthetics” of the machine...

I wonder if this means people will be able to buy the drive as a addon for the digital PS5.

Rachet and Clank by far the most where the hell do I look now game Graphic wise looks amazing.
I adjusted my screen made it smaller so the UI isn't so big might be easier on the eyes using the cheap AMD chip.I see why Elon Musk doens't like the PS5 interface or the PS5 but he's maybe playing on a 85" screen.

Last edited:

1663772036983.png

I wonder if this means people will be able to buy the drive as a addon for the digital PS5.
Would be incredibly stupid on Sony's part if you couldn't. Don't know why they wouldn't want to sell more external drives to those existing customers unless they thing somehow locking people to PSN would benefit them that much more. Which still doesn't make sense if they're offering an external drive to the next model in the first place.

Would be funny if you could add a 2nd drive to the normal PS5 too, or piggy back multiple drives off of it so you can have like an old-school disc changer so you don't have to get up to change discs to play a different game, lol. I would consider it if I owned any physical PS5 games and it was only $50 or so, hah. But so far the only thing I've used my disc drive for is to install the $10 CP2077 copy that I got. Maybe I'll finally play it after I watch Edgerunner here soon.
Exactly I thought of, hah. MS would be smart to release something like this though for Series S, if only so you can use it to play all your old Xbone and 360 games with.

Sony recently did a soft refresh of its PS5 console with a new variant known as the CFI-1202 that offers lower temps & power input...the new console is lighter, runs cooler, and consumes lower power & this is all thanks to the refreshed AMD Obreon Plus SOC with the TSMC 6nm process node...

Last edited:
Sony recently did a soft refresh of its PS5 console with a new variant known as the CFI-1202 that offers lower temps & power input...the new console is lighter, runs cooler, and consumes lower power & this is all thanks to the refreshed AMD Obreon Plus SOC with the TSMC 6nm process node...

2 years seems typical for this kind of hardware update. Nothing to get worked up over.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I'm liking the benefits from the revision - not that I'm interested in one of these, but it gives more credibility to the rumor of a new (hopefully smaller) disc-less hardware revision.

I wish they didn't cut down the cooling when they do this.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Wondering if I should pick up PS+ for the monthly games I mean I don't even play Epics Free games. I see Injustice 2 is offered this month ong with Hot wheels Unleased which I own.

Back