Official PS5 Thread

There are no exclusives and only a few ps5 versions. Trust me you aren't missing out on much.
It runs everything I've been wanting to play in my backlog at 4K 60 FPS. And yes there are exclusives. You just made a factually false statement.

Having both a PS5 and PS4 Pro, the 5 is mostly a "nice to have" thing and think anyone wanting to play any PlayStation exclusives should still be pretty content with a PS4 Pro if you can find one of those much more easily and much cheaper as well (used or on sale). Many games on there at least offer 60 FPS options as well, if at lower resolutions or course. Though I think even the PS4 Pros are having a somewhat hard time staying stocked at some retailers as well.

At least on my base where I walk through my local PX almost every day on my lunch break, I even see any PS4 or Xbone stock sell out within a day or two even at nearly the original MSRP, which kind of amazes me.

You just made a factually false statement.
Asro's playroom? Demon's Souls remake?

Man i was just trying to help you not waste money, no need to get all mad and start e-arguments on technicalities.

Man i was just trying to help you not waste money, no need to get all mad and start e-arguments on technicalities.
The issue is that it’s only a waste of money if that’s your opinion on it. I feel good about every penny spent even if I’m still playing mostly PS4 games on it.

Its more responsive and load times alone are enough for me to be happy. As a side bonus most games, patched or not, run better and I don’t have to hear any noise like my PS4 Pro made.

You sure do share a lot of personal opinions that aren't facts. The only one that seems to be riled up here is you. Let people enjoy things maybe?

You sure do share a lot of personal opinions that aren't facts. The only one that seems to be riled up here is you. Let people enjoy things maybe?
What ps5 exclusive did i miss in that list exactly?

They're incredibly hard to acquire, so please don't act like hard work is the problem. You've just been very fortunate.
You call others condescending though. I'm done here, you're going on ignore, byeeeee.

Just the faster loading time is better for all games if running off the internal SSD.
True, but is that worth $400 over MSRP to a reseller? To some people sure. But i would think those die-hards would have paid the same premium 6 months ago.

True, but is that worth $400 over MSRP to a reseller? To some people sure.
Of course not. I brought 3 at msrp since release. They don't even go for that much over around here locally. They normally under $700 on FB.

Of course not. I brought 3 at msrp since release. They don't even go for that much over around here locally. They normally under $700 on FB.
Wow, maybe supply is getting better. Usually 850-900 here, then some crazy will drop one for $1500.

One other thing this update brought over was an option to disable HDR for applications that don't support it. Could have been another update, but when the system shipped - it tried to play all of my Blu-Rays in forced HDR mode. Everything looked too bright/saturated and unnatural. With this turned on, the Blu-Ray movie player only kicks HDR mode with HDR-enabled disks.

Wow, maybe supply is getting better. Usually 850-900 here, then some crazy will drop one for $1500.
I couldn't even sell the first one I got for $800 back in November. I ended up keeping it and have been getting people at work for a slight markup for my time. I am sure it is depended where you live. I am sure you can get more on ebay but I hate dealing with it. You lose a good amount of money from fees and crap and you don't have much protection as a seller.

I couldn't even sell the first one I got for $800 back in November. I ended up keeping it and have been getting people at work for a slight markup for my time. I am sure it is depended where you live. I am sure you can get more on ebay but I hate dealing with it. You lose a good amount of money from fees and crap and you don't have much protection as a seller.
Ebay isn't worth the risk of selling anything over 20 bucks. I sell my physical ps4/5 games on there when i'm done playing with them for $20-30. They just get dropped in people's mailboxes, so it's trivial for someone to dispute and win. Hasn't happened yet, but i'm just waiting on the day.

If you live in a metro area of any sort in the US or Canada, Craiglist is a really easy way to sell almost anything. Be it new or heavily used. I've sold almost everything under the sun, from TV's and AVR's to comic books, furniture, video games, PC parts, CD's. You name it. There's no shipping to worry about and if it's a hot item people will come to you to get it. You can take cash, checks, PayPal, Venmo, whatever you want. Never had a single issue in 15 years, either.

In my area, PS5's are going from as low as $550 (digital version, opened with no box) to $950 (disk version still in the box). Based on the postings coming and going, it seems like there are at least some people paying that $950 asking price.

If you live in a metro area of any sort in the US or Canada, Craiglist is a really easy way to sell almost anything. Be it new or heavily used. I've sold almost everything under the sun, from TV's and AVR's to comic books, furniture, video games, PC parts, CD's. You name it. There's no shipping to worry about and if it's a hot item people will come to you to get it. You can take cash, checks, PayPal, Venmo, whatever you want. Never had a single issue in 15 years, either.

In my area, PS5's are going from as low as $550 (digital version, opened with no box) to $950 (disk version still in the box). Based on the postings coming and going, it seems like there are at least some people paying that $950 asking price.
I never get any bites on CL. If I do they are they are seriously lowball offers. I had a 3950x up for $550 and the only offers I got were $200 and $300. I got $550 on FB.

I never get any bites on CL. If I do they are they are seriously lowball offers. I had a 3950x up for $550 and the only offers I got were $200 and $300. I got $550 on FB.

I've had pretty good luck with CL, but there are definitely quite a few people that try to lowball everything. I don't even reply to those people.
There are also a lot of scammers, too. You can always tell if someone is trying to scam you if they immediately start asking for your phone number because they "prefer to communicate over text." If you ever give 'em your number, you can expect random solicitation calls and text to start rolling in. I never give out my phone number on CL, ever.
My usual approach is just to spell out that I won't take any less than the asking price in the first line. That weeds out the deal hunters.
With my last few sales I've actually managed to move my stuff within 24 hours of posting it...and all of them picked the stuff up off my porch, so I didn't have to go anywhere.

I've had pretty good luck with CL, but there are definitely quite a few people that try to lowball everything. I don't even reply to those people.
There are also a lot of scammers, too. You can always tell if someone is trying to scam you if they immediately start asking for your phone number because they "prefer to communicate over text." If you ever give 'em your number, you can expect random solicitation calls and text to start rolling in. I never give out my phone number on CL, ever.
My usual approach is just to spell out that I won't take any less than the asking price in the first line. That weeds out the deal hunters.
With my last few sales I've actually managed to move my stuff within 24 hours of posting it...and all of them picked the stuff up off my porch, so I didn't have to go anywhere.
Yea I will never give out my phone number or address. Quick way to get rid of scammers is to meet at a police station.

What ps5 exclusive did i miss in that list exactly?

You call others condescending though. I'm done here, you're going on ignore, byeeeee.
Weird when you’re being condescending and then are surprised by people responding in kind. Not very much self awareness there.

Yea I will never give out my phone number or address. Quick way to get rid of scammers is to meet at a police station.
Yeah I’ve been doing this a lot lately. My favorite is when you agree on a price and then when you meet up, they say “oh I only have this much money on me “. They always seem shocked when I say okay and then walk away. Can’t stand that nonsense.

Yeah I’ve been doing this a lot lately. My favorite is when you agree on a price and then they say “I only have this much money on me “. They always seem shocked when I say okay and then walk away. Can’t stand that nonsense.
They got me with that a week ago. It was $5 but t something I was having a hard time moving so I just took it.

Just got my PS5. I loaded up Astro's Playroom and I'm absolutely blown away by this controller. The haptics are the most 3-dimensional I've ever felt. And they're ridiculously strong. Not to mention the adaptive triggers which are the coolest thing ever. I'm a bit concerned about longevity though considering you're constantly putting stress on the motors and plastic gearing.

Just got my PS5. I loaded up Astro's Playroom and I'm absolutely blown away by this controller. The haptics are the most 3-dimensional I've ever felt. And they're ridiculously strong. Not to mention the adaptive triggers which are the coolest thing ever. I'm a bit concerned about longevity though considering you're constantly putting stress on the motors and plastic gearing.
Hopefully it lasts a long time. I'm sure they had longevity in mind when they built it, but there is a lot of tech in these controllers. On a random note, I love your username.

As far as the controller goes, it's up there with one of my favorites ever. I normally prefer the Xbox controller's layout (analog placement vs. the rarely used d-pad), but with this pad it feels more natural. The only knock on it is the battery life. It only lasts about 1/2 as long the X1 Series X pad loaded with good rechargeable batteries.

Stock notification and I was near my phone when it went off. Just spammed add to cart for the disc version then checked out then did the same for digital. Limit 1 of each.
I was sound asleep when that happened, lol. I'm watching a couple trackers on Twitter, I'm hoping I get one eventually. I almost bought a bundle at Gamestop, but it was crazy expensive and had a lot of stuff I didn't care about it. I keep hoping for a bundle with an extra controller and a game at least. lol

As far as the controller goes, it's up there with one of my favorites ever. I normally prefer the Xbox controller's layout (analog placement vs. the rarely used d-pad), but with this pad it feels more natural. The only knock on it is the battery life. It only lasts about 1/2 as long the X1 Series X pad loaded with good rechargeable batteries.
It's less than that. I can go a whole week before recharging my Elite Series 2 while I can barely go a day on my DualSense.

I was sound asleep when that happened, lol. I'm watching a couple trackers on Twitter, I'm hoping I get one eventually. I almost bought a bundle at Gamestop, but it was crazy expensive and had a lot of stuff I didn't care about it. I keep hoping for a bundle with an extra controller and a game at least. lol
I just happened to be in the office at work when HotStock blew my phone up so I said what the hell I’ll see if I can get any more. I’ll likely keep one for a bedroom and try to trade or sell the other.

What's the point of suspend if the software updates will auto close all the apps. Also if it's going to auto close everything, might as well just power off completely. Typical Sony.

What's the point of suspend if the software updates will auto close all the apps. Also if it's going to auto close everything, might as well just power off completely. Typical Sony.
The point is that it doesn't auto close the apps the other 98% of the time updates don't happen between play sessions and for the other 2% of the time it still doesn't auto close them if you only toggle the option to "Download Update Files Automatically" and not "Install Update Files Automatically."

It's less than that. I can go a whole week before recharging my Elite Series 2 while I can barely go a day on my DualSense.
I haven't noticed it on my Dual Sense, since I rarely play for more than 2-4 hours at a time and also have a phone charger in my couch that I can plug into it while in use or not. I'm definitely glad the new controllers are less picky on what chargers work too than the previous DS4s while also being USB-C.

I haven't noticed it on my Dual Sense, since I rarely play for more than 2-4 hours at a time and also have a phone charger in my couch that I can plug into it while in use or not. I'm definitely glad the new controllers are less picky on what chargers work too than the previous DS4s while also being USB-C.
It also does seem to charge a lot faster, so you're not tethered as long if you want to keep playing.

So just wanted to confirm here - PS5 will allow me to play (supported+patched) PS4 games with the PS4 controller?
I have no interest in the new boomerang junk.

So just wanted to confirm here - PS5 will allow me to play (supported+patched) PS4 games with the PS4 controller?

Correct. PS4 controller will work on PS5, but not on PS5 games.

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/games/ps5-backward-compatibility-games/

1619556050052.png

It’s obviously subjective but the PS5 controller is freaking great. Best controller I’ve ever used.

It’s obviously subjective but the PS5 controller is freaking great. Best controller I’ve ever used.
I probably shouldn’t have said “junk” - I’ve tried the controller but wasn’t a fan so far. The PS4 controller works perfectly for me.

Back