Official PS5 Thread

PS5 controller unboxing and a bit of tear down. So they raised the price to $70 and don't include a charging cable. The fuck Sony.

I've got a multitude of cables so I don't care about that. But $70...damn. Also, he mentions "sharper" a couple times. I found some of the angular aspects of the PS4 controller to be uncomfortable. Especially with the triggers. They're very pinchy and sharp around the edges. I hoped this version would alleviate that. They mostly look the same.
On the plus side, seems like it'll work fine with the PS4 and with Bluetooth devices. I bet it'll work with the Sony dongle, too.

PS5 controller unboxing and a bit of tear down. So they raised the price to $70 and don't include a charging cable. The fuck Sony.

The ps4 controller doesn't come with a charging cable, and they cost $65 brand new. $5 more isn't a huge deal, and controllers always go on sale eventually, or clearance. I got the ps1 gray colored controller for $15 from Wal-Mart when it went on clearance.

Reactions: T4rd
like this

Sony hasn't included charging cables with their controllers in a while. Did they even include one with the PS3 controllers? Nintendo doesn't include one either.

Just in,

Youtuber’s and bloggers and what not getting their PS5’s delivered right now 👍🏻👍🏻

Attachments

• 1638CB06-3F09-4F68-81A1-84757D45F0E0.jpeg
    1638CB06-3F09-4F68-81A1-84757D45F0E0.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 0
Sony hasn't included charging cables with their controllers in a while. Did they even include one with the PS3 controllers? Nintendo doesn't include one either.
I though the PS3 and 4 did come with cables.

Just in,

Youtuber’s and bloggers and what not getting their PS5’s delivered right now 👍🏻👍🏻
Why would they sent her one. Her viewers just play candy crush and other stupid mobile games. I wouldn't even send one to Linus since all he does is hate on Sony.

And the rest of us, the paying customer, like with the nvidia cards can wait 6 months after launch to get one
And, like with Nvidia cards, the amount sent out for marketing wouldn’t make a single bit of difference if they were offered for sale. It would have been a blip. You still wouldn’t have been able to get either.

And, like with Nvidia cards, the amount sent out for marketing wouldn’t make a single bit of difference if they were offered for sale. It would have been a blip. You still wouldn’t have been able to get either.

I managed to get both an Nvidia card and a PS5. {RUNS AND HIDES}

The white gloves are a little much. It is a console not a one of a kinda lost artifact.
It’s sort of a meme at this point. There was one unboxing channel known for it and then many other channels started copying it.

Wow, I'd love to see you roll in Vegas.

As someone who goes to Vegas quite a bit and even got married there (not on a whim), I'm a notoriously bad gambler. For me it's all or nothing and I don't have the patience to build up any kind of stockpile before betting it all.

In the case of the PS5 and RTX 3-series, I just followed the nowinstock.net chat threads religiously on both launch days. Ignore all of their alerts and listings - just watch the chat. I learned about the Target extra stock and the EVGA member program pre-sale via that chat.

Question about the PlayStation Plus Collection: is that a limited time offer, or will you always be able to play that collection throughout the life of the console?

I'm assuming it'll work the same it does now. If you have a PS Plus membership and claim the free monthly games, they're available to you as long as you have an active subscription.
If you stop paying for PS+, you lose access to those games. However, if you start paying again, you'll get access to those games again. You just can't claim the free games you missed out on while you weren't paying.

So, if you have a PS+ account, when they release those, claim them all.

I'm assuming it'll work the same it does now. If you have a PS Plus membership and claim the free monthly games, they're available to you as long as you have an active subscription.
If you stop paying for PS+, you lose access to those games. However, if you start paying again, you'll get access to those games again. You just can't claim the free games you missed out on while you weren't paying.

So, if you have a PS+ account, when they release those, claim them all.

So hypothetical question on that, say you can’t get the PS5 at launch, can you still get the PS+ sub and claim the games somehow?

So hypothetical question on that, say you can’t get the PS5 at launch, can you still get the PS+ sub and claim the games somehow?

Yes, See below.

I believe through the website you can claim games, as the free monthly games technically count as purchases.

I use the app when I'm not at home if they release a game I want, so I can have it downloaded before I get home.
When they were doing PS3 + PSP games, I would claim those as well, even though I rarely play my PS3 anymore, and my PSP has been broken foooor... 10+ years.

I don't remember if what the PS3 and PS4 situations were like, but the PS2 was similar to this. Pre-orders were limited, the few systems at department stores sold out at midnight sales, and lots of people that were expecting one under their tree didn't get one. They didn't end up being readily available until the Spring of the following year. Online sales were very different back then, but instead of bots there just weren't enough systems to go around. Price gouging on eBay (or local bulletin boards) was definitely a thing, though. It'll be interesting to see what kind of stock B&M Wal-Mart and Target stores have at launch...if any.

I don't remember if what the PS3 and PS4 situations were like, but the PS2 was similar to this. Pre-orders were limited, the few systems at department stores sold out at midnight sales, and lots of people that were expecting one under their tree didn't get one. They didn't end up being readily available until the Spring of the following year. Online sales were very different back then, but instead of bots there just weren't enough systems to go around. Price gouging on eBay (or local bulletin boards) was definitely a thing, though. It'll be interesting to see what kind of stock B&M Wal-Mart and Target stores have at launch...if any.

I'm very excited for the PS5, but I can wait for a while before I pick one up.
If there weren't bots, I wonder how many would have actually sold?

I'm very excited for the PS5, but I can wait for a while before I pick one up.
If there weren't bots, I wonder how many would have actually sold?

It's a good question. I tend to think it would be a hot seller either way, but I have no idea to what degree. With people being home so much, I feel like demand would have been strong no matter what. Anecdotally, a lot of my casual or non-gaming friends have been playing a lot of games lately. I dunno if any of the launch games are high-profile enough to really move systems on their name alone, but at least backward compatibility assures people can play their current games, too.
In my case, Demon's Souls was all I needed. In the PS2 days I fought tooth and nail at a midnight release because I was a huge Tekken, Madden, and Street Fighter fan. It launched with new versions of all three.

Sony is using new compression methods to manage game file size for next gen. And a coupld of current gen games are getting patches showing benefits in size and even load times, as well.

Guys,

The all-new Playstation app for iOS went live a few moments ago. HUGE update, finally makes the PS official app worthy of your phone storage space. You can finally message and join party chats directly from in-app instead of making you use another whole app for messaging friends. You can remote download like always, you can manage your internal PS5 storage via app, ETC ETC. Good stuff!

Guys,

The all-new Playstation app for iOS went live a few moments ago. HUGE update, finally makes the PS official app worthy of your phone storage space. You can finally message and join party chats directly from in-app instead of making you use another whole app for messaging friends. You can remote download like always, you can manage your internal PS5 storage via app, ETC ETC. Good stuff!
Read about this, still don't see anything for android yet though :(

Edit: The apk is up on APK Mirror, if your impatient like me then this works great. I have heard that people with rooted phones are having issues with not being able to sign in though so ymmv
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/playstation-mobile-inc/playstationapp/playstationapp-20-9-3-release/

Last edited:
Mine updated this morning
so weird, tried rebooting my phone and un-installing the app and it refused to show any updates. I edited my post to include the APK mirror link, downloaded that and was able to install and use the new app now on my s10

So i was at the mall to return some stuff and randomly walked into a GameStop. I havent been to one in AGES lol. Like agesssss, lol. I'm looking over and i'm like WTF? They were literally taking the PS5 controllers out of the box! Hell yes i bought one lol. The controller feels amazing, feels much bigger than before. Solid.

g3b5Lzq.jpg
vmjYjF7.jpg

So i was at the mall to return some stuff and randomly walked into a GameStop. I havent been to one in AGES lol. Like agesssss, lol. I'm looking over and i'm like WTF? They were literally taking the PS5 controllers out of the box! Hell yes i bought one lol. The controller feels amazing, feels much bigger than before. Solid.

View attachment 294329
View attachment 294330

I always felt the trigger-wells on the PS4 controller were a little bit sharp and even "pinchy" - are these different?

Back