Official PS5 Thread

No way... really? That would be some bullshit. No way they do that surely ??

They said during that big tech breakdown thing earlier in the year that drives would need to be certified in order to work with PS5 games. Unless something has changed between then and now, there won't be any drives certified by launch.

Sony's Nvme drive is around 5GB/sec raw data which no gen 4.0 drive does atm. The only one that is able to do it is the new Samsung which are rated at around 7GB/s.

They said during that big tech breakdown thing earlier in the year that drives would need to be certified in order to work with PS5 games. Unless something has changed between then and now, there won't be any drives certified by launch.

Sony's Nvme drive is around 5GB/sec raw data which no gen 4.0 drive does atm. The only one that is able to do it is the new Samsung which are rated at around 7GB/s.

Thats crazy. So we have to wait for official word then. IGN’s latest post says “any nvme Gen 4 (should work)”

but we’ll see I guess. No one knows for sure at this point.

Just an update, I just got myself the brand new 2020 Sony 900H 55” LED with hdmi 2.1 for my PS5

Anyone else pick it up?

Just an update, I just got myself the brand new 2020 Sony 900H 55” LED with hdmi 2.1 for my PS5

Anyone else pick it up?
I’ve waiting until they actually release the firmware update to allow VRR otherwise there’s really no point for me.....although I see now that the 65” price has recently been slashed from 1600 to 1000.

That’s a great price for a TV that is reviewing fairly well. Probably why there aren’t any in stock within 250 miles ha. 55” and 75” Are available but not as good of a deal. (900 and 2k)

I’ve waiting until they actually release the firmware update to allow VRR otherwise there’s really no point for me.....although I see now that the 65” price has recently been slashed from 1600 to 1000.

That’s a great price for a TV that is reviewing fairly well. Probably why there aren’t any in stock within 250 miles ha. 55” and 75” Are available but not as good of a deal. (900 and 2k)

That'll be out this month or next. Right in line with the PS5, Sony already confirmed that much. 65" was only a $100 more @ $1000 like you mentioned but for where mine is being mounted in my barber shop. the 65 doesnt work. So 55" it was.

I'm leaning more towards the LG CX or just waiting for 2021 models, which should be better.

Of course, if you think that way, you'll never upgrade. Everyone i know of that has purchased this tv, all the reviews ive read, EVERYONE loved it. Especially gamers for its super low input lag and incoming HDMI 2.1 making it a perfect TV for your PS5 and money.

And sure, the LG CX is better but its $1000+ more and an OLED that will lead to burn in. Not for me, as this will primarily be used for gaming but excellent TV none the less.

That'll be out this month or next. Right in line with the PS5, Sony already confirmed that much. 65" was only a $100 more @ $1000 like you mentioned but for where mine is being mounted in my barber shop. the 65 doesnt work. So 55" it was.

Of course, if you think that way, you'll never upgrade. Everyone i know of that has purchased this tv, all the reviews ive read, EVERYONE loved it. Especially gamers for its super low input lag and incoming HDMI 2.1 making it a perfect TV for your PS5 and money.

And sure, the LG CX is better but its $1000+ more and an OLED that will lead to burn in. Not for me, as this will primarily be used for gaming but excellent TV none the less.
People over state how much of a problem burn in is on OLEDs. Its nowhere near as big of an issue as people seem to think.

CES is right around the corner, it's not like there is a long wait to see what 2021 models will bring. I'd rather wait and see whats coming instead of compromising right now.

Yeah I gamed for years on a Plasma panel with no burn in issues, can’t imagine it suddenly being a much larger issue for OLED.

I’m using a 75” Sony X900F that won’t be able to do VRR. I have no plans on upgrading anytime soon. If I were buying now it would be the Sony 950H. The 900H looks to be a slight downgrade from my 900F in some aspects and a side grade in most others.

I’m sure the 900H is still good though. Didn’t know it was getting a VRR upgrade. Last I knew only the 950H was. 950H is the only model worth me upgrading to at this point in time.

I’m using a 75” Sony X900F that won’t be able to do VRR. I have no plans on upgrading anytime soon. If I were buying now it would be the Sony 950H. The 900H looks to be a slight downgrade from my 900F in some aspects and a side grade in most others.

I’m sure the 900H is still good though. Didn’t know it was getting a VRR upgrade. Last I knew only the 950H was. 950H is the only model worth me upgrading to at this point in time.
Everything I’ve seen indicates that only the 900H is receiving VRR (I could be wrong but I do know that is has not been mentioned for the 950H). Which is absolutely ridiculous that they are not allowing it for their higher end sets. Especially given that those sets still probably feature all of the required hardware.
Might just be able to flash firmware oneself to get unofficial VRR, but who knows.

I'm holding off on a new TV (and HDMI 2.1 AVR, too) until next spring. I hopped on the HDMI 2.0 thing early and 6 months after I bought a new setup, the floodgates opened with better options. While CES might not happen next January, that's still when all of the electronics OEMs roll out their new gear. Even if nothing is actually better, it'll also open up the current gear for fire sales to make room for the 2021 models.

Weird list. A few of them are VR titles or feature accessories, but some are just plain 'ol normal games. Probably akin to when a random game just doesn't work right on an emulator even though 99.9% of other titles work great. I don't own any of them, so I guess that's a relief.
I'm curious about how much/little GameBoost is going to do. I'm guessing it'll at least include the PS4 Pro enhancements for those titles.

Weird list. A few of them are VR titles or feature accessories, but some are just plain 'ol normal games. Probably akin to when a random game just doesn't work right on an emulator even though 99.9% of other titles work great. I don't own any of them, so I guess that's a relief.
I'm curious about how much/little GameBoost is going to do. I'm guessing it'll at least include the PS4 Pro enhancements for those titles.
At the very least Sucker Punch tweeted about Ghost of Tsushima running at 60fps on the PS5. So it’ll do that much.

Now if someone would confirm Bloodborne will run at 60fps on a PS5 my hype would reach a new peak.
Like I said on a different forum, I want my Bloodborne the opposite of how it is on PS4 high framerate and low frame time.

I want to get one but I'm in no rush. There isn't a game I'm dying to play at ps5 launch.

It sure would be nice to preorder this. Oh well. I'll get it when I get it.

I bought a LG OLED 65CX with 4K/120 and HDMI 2.1.
Bought a Yamaha TSR-700 Receiver with HDMI 2.1.
Replaced my HDMI 2.0 cables with HDMI 2.1.

I’m ready for the PS5.

My plan is to see what HDMI 2.1 devices come out of next year's CES. I've been happy with my Samsung/Denon combo and neither has gone "all in" with HDMI 2.1 yet. Both seem to be toe dipping. I'll be really curious what features get used right away, though. VRR being especially cool and potentially a free performance boost.

It sure would be nice to preorder this. Oh well. I'll get it when I get it.
Yeah between not ordering the ps5 or xbsx and the lack of new video cards, I'm not going to be going next gen anytime soon. Gonna be sad, drunk Christmas.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I like the way the main UI works with the downward card-like menus. It's very much like Sony's UI from the PS3/PSP and TV's from the mid 2000's.
The in-game stuff looks messy, though. It isn't Xbox One straight-up confusing, but there are extra steps and functions I hope we can hide. Plus, it feels like there are some pretty ideal circumstances in that video. "I already have friends online in a joinable game..." and such.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/p...oles-launch/1100-6483377/?ftag=CAD-01-10abi2f

This is kinda cool. I'm still really curious if the new controllers will work with Sony's (apparently no longer made) PS4 to PC wireless adapter. I figure someone on Reddit will try it. If it does, I'll probably buy a second controller.

I thought the PS4 controllers just needed a standard BT receiver to use on PC? I've always just hard wired mine too PC, but have paired it to my Shield TV and phone before via BT.

Hopefully I can snag one of these before launch as well, at least the headphones that I'm curious about how much of an improvement they'll be over my Sony Gold headset that sounds good to me already, but gets uncomfortable after an hour or two of use for me. Hopefully these feel similar to my XM3 headphones that I can wear for hours comfortably.

I thought the PS4 controllers just needed a standard BT receiver to use on PC? I've always just hard wired mine too PC, but have paired it to my Shield TV and phone before via BT.

So they definitely can work via normal 'ol Bluetooth, but they drop inputs frequently. It's not noticeable in everything, but it's very clear in fighting games where you can actually see the inputs onscreen. I've done some torture tests with 3 different adapters and they all do it. The further away you are (even beyond 5-10 feet), it gets worse. The official Sony one never drops inputs, it works from a loooong way away, and it officially supports the touchpad and controller audio functions, too. It's actually really awesome and used to only be $20-25. For whatever reason they seem to be no longer available via normal retail and the few places that still have 'em are gouging like crazy.

So guys, whoever has the brand new Sony X900H that has the HDMI 2.1 / VRR etc,

the firmware update to activate the hdmi 2.1 just went live 👍🏻👍🏻

was just at my shop and got the pop-up, it’s installing now. Just in time for the PS5!

Wonderful to hear, I guess maybe I’ll put my money where my mouth is and pick one up shortly. Maybe. Waiting for CES is tempting (but so are the current prices.)

Wonderful to hear, I guess maybe I’ll put my money where my mouth is and pick one up shortly. Maybe. Waiting for CES is tempting (but so are the current prices.)

You won’t be disappointed man, it’s an amazing tv. You keep waiting and they’ll always have something newer, better. But damn, this tv is great. Amazing value for the money.

Nov 12 has a plethra of games but finding a ps5 will come months or years later for most people.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
For what it's worth, Target charged my card yesterday afternoon. Not sure what that means (if anything), but I guess it means they at least plan on fulfilling my pre-order.

Nov 12 has a plethra of games but finding a ps5 will come months or years later for most people.

I've pretty much abandoned any hope of getting it this year barring a fluke. Oh well. If they want my business they will make the product available. It's that simple.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
For what it's worth, Target charged my card yesterday afternoon. Not sure what that means (if anything), but I guess it means they at least plan on fulfilling my pre-order.
It wasn’t a charge. They renewed the pre-authorization that expires every 30 days. It’s been about a month since preorders went live.

It wasn’t a charge. They renewed the pre-authorization that expires every 30 days. It’s been about a month since preorders went live.
do they pre-auth the whole amount though? I know places like Walmart just do a 1c charge to verify the CC and thats it. I have seen no pre-auth charges appear at all on my CC from either bestbuy (ps5) or walmart (XsX)

do they pre-auth the whole amount though? I know places like Walmart just do a 1c charge to verify the CC and thats it. I have seen no pre-auth charges appear at all on my CC from either bestbuy (ps5) or walmart (XsX)
Yup, Target did when I placed my initial preorder and then again a couple of days ago.

I also had full amount pre-authorizations on my preorders from Walmart. They typically fall off from your credit activity after a couple business days.

Yup, Target did when I placed my initial preorder and then again a couple of days ago.

I also had full amount pre-authorizations on my preorders from Walmart. They typically fall off from your credit activity after a couple business days.
weird, it may be a Canada vs US thing. Checked my CC shortly after placing orders and there was nothing except a 1c charge from walmart which is actually reflected on my walmart order page for the xsx.

Just to add to my post above, I wanted to check and see if anything new had been charged/pre-authed and my Pulse 3d headphones has been charged out from walmart now! Looks like they are getting ready to start shipped ps5 accessories ;)

Back