Official PS5 Thread

Anyone here play COD: Warzone on PS5? I wanted to play it last night and for some reason it needs the Modern Warfare disc to run. It needed that disc specifically... not Vanguard, not Cold War... why does Warzone need a disc at all?

Anyone here play COD: Warzone on PS5? I wanted to play it last night and for some reason it needs the Modern Warfare disc to run. It needed that disc specifically... not Vanguard, not Cold War... why does Warzone need a disc at all?
Did you buy and play Modern Warfare from a disc installation originally? The Warzone license might be tied to the Modern Warfare disc for that reason. Content licenses on PlayStation are weird.

That's correct. So if I uninstall Modern Warfare and Warzone completely... then I go and redownload Warzone it'll be the same issue won't it?
Yes. Unfortunately your Warzone license is tied to the Modern Warfare disc. I am not sure if there is a way to "cancel" the license so you can just download the standalone version and use without the disc. You can look and see if it's possible. There should be a way to view your content licenses in the console settings.

Any digital upgrades on PS5 which come from the disc of a PS4 game, etc----are not changeable to digital only. You will always need that disc to play it.

In my case, I always need the FF7 Remake PS4 disc inserted, to play the PS5 version. Because I upgraded to the PS5 version (for free) with the PS4 disc in my system.

So I uninstalled Modern Warfare from my PS5, and then I downloaded the game again from my actual "Library" instead of the PS Store and now I can play Warzone without the disc. Not sure what would happen if I install all the other content with Modern Warfare, but other than the campaign I don't need it anymore.

So for now I am good.

Any digital upgrades on PS5 which come from the disc of a PS4 game, etc----are not changeable to digital only. You will always need that disc to play it.

In my case, I always need the FF7 Remake PS4 disc inserted, to play the PS5 version. Because I upgraded to the PS5 version (for free) with the PS4 disc in my system.

So when Sony comes out with the PS5 Pro and it doesn't have a model with a disc drive, you're going to have to buy the digital game anyways unless they're nice enough to somehow transfer the disc license over to a digital copy (which they should totally let you do even if for a small fee).

Has anyone spent the money on a Dbrand black skin v2? It's kind of stupid to spend $80 on a ps5 shell, but I guess a huge part of the cost is ate up in shipping.

So when Sony comes out with the PS5 Pro and it doesn't have a model with a disc drive, you're going to have to buy the digital game anyways unless they're nice enough to somehow transfer the disc license over to a digital copy (which they should totally let you do even if for a small fee).
That would require every game to come with a one time use serial key but then you could just sell or give away one. I don't how feasible it is to individually serial each disc. You would not be able to resale the game then. Remember when MS got destroyed over doing this with the Xbone? It was enough to cost them that generation.

That would require every game to come with a one time use serial key but then you could just sell or give away one. I don't how feasible it is to individually serial each disc. You would not be able to resale the game then. Remember when MS got destroyed over doing this with the Xbone? It was enough to cost them that generation.
Well I've seen some services (Vudu I think?) let you upgrade your DVDs and BRs while adding them to your digital library for a small fee somehow. I thought you could just scan the barcode from the movie case or something and then you could pay $3/$5 for SD/HD copy to add it to your digital library. So not sure how feasible it would be for Sony to do that, or you could maybe just mail in your physical games to them and they can add them to your library upon receipt. I'm not sure why Sony would care if you sold or still used your physical copy after the fact; they've already made their money from the initial sale of the game and can only make more from charging you to add it to your digital library somehow. Seems like another way they could make a little more money, so worth investigating for them IMO. I think more people would definitely pay a small fee to digitize (and potentially upgrade to a PS5 version) physical copy they already own than to pay full price for the same game again in digital format.

I'm not sure why Sony would care if you sold or still used your physical copy after the fact; they've already made their money from the initial sale of the game and can only make more from charging you to add it to your digital library somehow.
It is quite possible that it is not just Sony that would be involved in that decision like for the DVD/BR (https://www.vudu.com/content/in_home_disc_to_digital.html), that is for a list of movie distributor they made deal with.

They would care because if you sell your physical copy it will be to someone that will not buy it from them instead for old PS4 games what you propose do make a lot of sense

They would care because if you sell your physical copy it will be to someone that will not buy it from them instead for old PS4 games what you propose do make a lot of sense

That would be an argument against all physical media though, not really for against letting you covert your already existing physical media.

It would be a bad assumption for them to think anyone willing to spend a fraction the cost of a new game on either a used copy or physical to digital conversion, would also be likely to buy the same game for significantly more through the PSN store. I'm no marketing expert, but I think many more cheaper conversion sales would net them more profit over the few who would break down and repurchase the same exact game digitally.

Has anyone spent the money on a Dbrand black skin v2? It's kind of stupid to spend $80 on a ps5 shell, but I guess a huge part of the cost is ate up in shipping.
I bought the black skin but just for the front part of the PS5 (where it's already black). 100% worth it. The reason I got it is because that shiny glossy plastic Sony put on there made it look real cheap. I bought some $35 black plates from Amazon a month or two ago and I've been happy.

20210925_200818.jpg

I'm waiting on some black plates ordered off eBay, cost about $40 (CAD) with shipping so we will see what they are like, but honestly I can't see them being an issue.

I'm waiting on some black plates ordered off eBay, cost about $40 (CAD) with shipping so we will see what they are like, but honestly I can't see them being an issue.
Did you see Sony announced they're officially releasing their own? Might have been better to just get the plates from Sony directly.

Did you see Sony announced they're officially releasing their own? Might have been better to just get the plates from Sony directly.
Ya, but with conversions and any shipping it will be double the price. Right now $55 usd is $70 cad, I mean if these eBay ones are absolute crap I'll just return them but considering it's just 2 plastic plates I don't see it being much of an issue.

What are some good computer monitors for a PS5 please?
A list of 1440p monitors which will downscale a PS5's 4K signal and still support 120hz
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/ljp0g8/here_is_a_list_of_1440p_monitors_that_are_able_to/

However, there aren't that many games which support 120hz. So, you should also pay attention to a monitor's input lag at 60hz. For some reason, most of ASUS monitors for the past year or two, have really high input lag at 60hz.

A list of 1440p monitors which will downscale a PS5's 4K signal and still support 120hz
https://www.reddit.com/r/PS5/comments/ljp0g8/here_is_a_list_of_1440p_monitors_that_are_able_to/

However, there aren't that many games which support 120hz. So, you should also pay attention to a monitor's input lag at 60hz. For some reason, most of ASUS monitors for the past year or two, have really high input lag at 60hz.
The lag issue on ASUS monitors is because they are still running at 120 Hz, but holding every frame for 2 refresh cycles at 60 Hz. They have been doing this for a number of years on their faster monitors.

So is there anyone here who wants to play Destiny 2 with me? I put hundreds of hours into the original Destiny with my friends, but they aren't interested in Destiny let-alone really gaming that much anymore. Some of my fondest memories is just playing Destiny Strikes drunk and just chatting the night away with my friends. I downloaded the Free to Play version of Destiny 2 recently and have been really enjoying it but I don't really have anyone to play with. I just like playing casually, and while I've added a lot of people to my friends list... almost nobody reaches out to play despite me reaching out.

So if anyone is interested in playing Destiny 2 or maybe some other co-op game like Far Cry 6 or Borderlands 3 that'd be great. I just really wish I had someone I could play with regularly who I can just have a good chat with.

This just popped up in my news feed. Free FF7 Remake PS5 upgrade for those who got the free PS4 FF7 Remake through PS+ earlier this year that was ineligible for the upgrade until now.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/1...ee-ps5-upgrade-available-for-playstation-plus

It was unintuitive to redeem, I couldn't find a way to do it in the PSN app. I had to go the the PSN store on my PS5, and search for FF7, then select the PS5 FF7 remake game and add to library from there.

I only played the first 8 hours or so of this game and was waiting for a good sale on the PS5 version to play the rest. Glad this came along now.

Last edited:
This just popped up in my news feed. Free FF7 Remake PS5 upgrade for those who got the free PS4 FF7 Remake through PS+ earlier this year that was ineligible for the upgrade until now.

https://www-express-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1538585/PlayStation-PS-Plus-free-PS5-FF7-Remake-Intergrade/amp?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM=#amp_tf=From %1$s&aoh=16405446127597&csi=0&referrer=https://www.google.com&ampshare=https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1538585/PlayStation-PS-Plus-free-PS5-FF7-Remake-Intergrade

It was unintuitive to redeem, I couldn't find a way to do it in the PSN app. I had to go the the PSN store on my PS5, and search for FF7, then select the PS5 FF7 remake game and add to library from there.

I only played the first 8 hours or so of this game and was waiting for a good sale on the PS5 version to play the rest. Glad this came along now.
Its similar if you have a PS4 disc. you have to search for the PS5 upgrade on the PS store.

https://www-express-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1538585/PlayStation-PS-Plus-free-PS5-FF7-Remake-Intergrade/amp?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM=#amp_tf=From %1$s&aoh=16405446127597&csi=0&referrer=https://www.google.com&ampshare=https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/1538585/PlayStation-PS-Plus-free-PS5-FF7-Remake-Intergrade

Man, that is one tagged up dirty link! Good news though.

Sony's finally talking a little more about the PSVR2 at CES. https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...ller-the-next-generation-of-vr-gaming-on-ps5/

I really enjoyed the original one, but just hated how much of a pain to setup it was. Especially since the breakout box wasn't using the latest HDCP so I had to unplug the whole apparatus after every use. Sounds like this one will just plug straight into the USB-C on the front of the console. Fingers crossed for Rush of Blood 2...

Sony's finally talking a little more about the PSVR2 at CES. https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...ller-the-next-generation-of-vr-gaming-on-ps5/

I really enjoyed the original one, but just hated how much of a pain to setup it was. Especially since the breakout box wasn't using the latest HDCP so I had to unplug the whole apparatus after every use. Sounds like this one will just plug straight into the USB-C on the front of the console. Fingers crossed for Rush of Blood 2...
Nice, can't wait. PCVR has turned into such a shitshow with the release of the Quest 2. Hopefully we'll get more good games on PS5 supporting VR.

UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection releases for PS5 on the 27th. If you already own Uncharted 4 or Uncharted: The Lost Legacy---- you can get this dual remaster for $10. Otherwise, its $49. I just bought a used copy of Uncharted 4 on Ebay, for $10 shipped. Your local pawn shop probably has some copies, as well.

**if you own a digital PS5, you can't upgrade from a disc based game**

--------------------------
Players who purchased UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End, UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy, or UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End and UNCHARTED: The Lost Legacy digital bundle have the option to pay $10 to upgrade to UNCHARTED: Legacy of Thieves Collection. The upgrade will be available starting at launch on January 28, 2022.

Unmissable PlayStation®5 console features:
• DualSense™ wireless controller features: Feel the action unfold with the DualSense™ wireless controller's haptic feedback through punches, vaults, and vehicular traversal. Experience the tension in rope swings via dynamic adaptive triggers.
• Fast loading: Jump back into the adventure quickly with the PS5™ console’s ultra-high speed SSD and near-instant load times.
• 3D Audio: Hear the world of UNCHARTED™: Legacy of Thieves Collection come to life around you with 3D Audio.1
• Fidelity mode: Play in a super sharp native 4K resolution with a 30fps target frame rate.2
• Performance mode: Play with a smooth 60fps target frame rate.
o 4K TV players will experience a 4K resolution upscaled from a 1440p base resolution.
o 1080p HD TV players will experience a 1080p resolution super sampled from a 1440p base with improved anti-aliasing.
• Performance+ mode: Play with a high impact 120fps target frame rate3 and a 1080p resolution.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-PPSA05389_00-UNCHARTED4R00000

I own 'em both and was planning on getting this on PC, but $10 is tough to turn down. Not sure I like Uncharted 4 enough to pay for it a 3rd time.
I like the idea of having all of the Uncharted games in one place. Hopefully my found treasures and trophies will carry over, too.
1080p/120 sounds divine after dealing with Uncharted 4's 30fps, so that's how I plan to play.

I'll def be upgrading my digital copy. I just replayed through the Uncharted remastered collection and Platinum'd all three games this time in anticipation of replaying U4 and Lost Legacy again.

I guess I'll try to Platinum this now too if there's not any trophies that make me Speedrun the game or something stupid like that. All previous games only had you Speedrun a few chapters and they were pretty easy to get in the first or second attempt.

I'll prolly stick to 60fps mode instead of 120. Not like this is a twitch shooter or racing game, so not sure I'll see much benefit in it and I'd still want to play this at a decent resolution as well. Can't wait to see DF's analysis of it to see how it stacks up to the PS4 version in all three modes on PS5.

I'm not sure what voodoo ND did in this game too, or maybe it's the perfect amount of motion blur, but I thought this game felt pretty smooth at 30FPS already.

Awesome, I’ll upgrade and play Lost Legacy at 60 fps. I still haven’t gotten around to playing it. Hell I might replay Uncharted 4 as well, it’s a fantastic game.

I picked up Dark Souls 3 for PS4 ---- which plays in a PS5 via backwards compatibility and activates the PS4 pro patch (which the PS5 utilizes to run the game at a constant 60fps). And surprisingly, it feels noticeably snappier (lower input lag) compared to PC and doesn't have the weird issues where certain spots will hitch for no apparent reason. (like in the swampy puddle, right after you start the game). Looks like I'm gonna start a fresh playthrough. feels so good.

Setting Nvidia's low latency mode to "ultra" helps. But the input lag still isn't as good as this.

Last edited:
Back