Official Oblivion Issues thread

Mazgazine1 said:
My first and only problem was the fishing quest across the bridge heading to Jaufrre.

Killing the slaughter fish was hard. They can kick your butt. And They are hard to find. Its like there is one in the lake at a time or something.. Yet the fishermen makes it sound like they are everywhere!

Oh and the compass gets stuck pointing you to one spot that has no fish in the area at all..

I'm still waiting for that problem to reset, right now I'm doing some mage guild stuff in Chorral.

That was a tough quest but I found out that if you follow the arrow on your compass it will lead you to the next fish. Also, if you engage a fish try swinging your sword while swiming backwards. That seems to help with killing them. I recommend finishing the quest though becuase you get a ring that gives you waterbreathing with constant affect.

inotocracy said:
I've got an issue, I'm looting the upstairs of some armor shop for a good 3 minutes straight and THEN some cop decides to bust me! It took me a while to collect all that crap! Oh and he kicked my ass. :mad:

HAHA owned! ;)

Is this normal?

Its like this not only when its raining but at certain times in the day when its overcast. When the day is nice, I can see into the distance normally. Is this supposed to be fog or something?

Can't walk around. Only way to move forward is to use an attack, then it lunges forward. I've only spent a total of 20 minutes in the game, so I can't say I've tried everything possible to move around, and I have yet to read anything on the official website.. It's Lost night, and Southpark night, and fight night aaaand, need to finish watching a movie I started last night, so it's not game night. ;)

Yeah, it was doing that from the start, Im still in the cell. lol
might try reinstalling later.

i have some shadow issues i belive and some non textures ? when I was talking to the emperer hes checks was black but the rest of the face was ok.

and now that I am in the world when i try to talk to people they are invisible like the predator kinda thing u see the area where they should be but u cant see them. or when fighting I had a wolf that was invisible and when I killed him he when back to normal.. any ideas?

The only way i can even play with the game is with no sound, and I have tryed with a soundblaster and my onboard. I guess im wating for the patch.

I've got an issue!

With all this "Radiant AI" your city gaurds can tell whenever you have something stolen in your inventory, even though you never got caught stealing anything at all.

How the hell is it they can give the NPCs sleep/wake cycles, a job, and everything else but can't fix a problem that has been around since Daggerfall?

If I steal something and DON'T get caught doing, everygaurd in the whole damn kingdom SHOULD NOT be able to tell I have a stolen item, especially when I am on the other side of the map from where the item was stolen... really pisses me off.

Other than that one complaint, this game kicks ass. Best money spent this year.

Json23 said:
I've got an issue!

With all this "Radiant AI" your city gaurds can tell whenever you have something stolen in your inventory, even though you never got caught stealing anything at all.

How the hell is it they can give the NPCs sleep/wake cycles, a job, and everything else but can't fix a problem that has been around since Daggerfall?

If I steal something and DON'T get caught doing, everygaurd in the whole damn kingdom SHOULD NOT be able to tell I have a stolen item, especially when I am on the other side of the map from where the item was stolen... really pisses me off.

Other than that one complaint, this game kicks ass. Best money spent this year.
sucks for you, they dont take my stolen shit

paranoia4422 said:
sucks for you, they dont take my stolen shit

It states very plainly in the manual (I read about it after it happened to me) that even though you steal something and you don't get caught "Every City guard can spot stolen goods, whether you get caught or not".

You must not be running into city gaurds, or else they WILL chase you down and take you to jail if you don't kill them.

Cousin Patty said:
Is this normal? - pictures - Its like this not only when its raining but at certain times in the day when its overcast. When the day is nice, I can see into the distance normally. Is this supposed to be fog or something?

Mine looks just like that and it's driving me nuts. I have distances maxed out, too but I've never seen a clear day since I started f'ing with it, trying to fix instead of play. Maxed everything in the game out just to see, still foggy. Hmm..

sfuller said:
Mine looks just like that and it's driving me nuts. I have distances maxed out, too but I've never seen a clear day since I started f'ing with it, trying to fix instead of play. Maxed everything in the game out just to see, still foggy. Hmm..
same.... I try to tweak the game and now it's always foggy :(

Is this game only in Stereo?

I'm not getting surround sound and I've checked all the usual settings. :(

Surround works fine in FEAR.

Mazgazine1 said:
I have it at 1368x768 with grass off, and HDR/Bloom off and it runs fine. I even have the draw distance at full.

You have to have Grass on, it's one of the best looking parts of outside!

valve1138 said:
Is this game only in Stereo?

I'm not getting surround sound and I've checked all the usual settings. :(

Surround works fine in FEAR.

I have noticed this also, its like my EAX is fucked up. I hear things that should all be on the right channel, are half and half.
The surround sound doesn't work in this game.
Hopefully a Patch will be coming out soon!
The Memory leak is hitting me also, I start off with FPS in the 50's, 4 hours later I am in the same area but with 20 FPS.

Majin said:
I have noticed this also, its like my EAX is fucked up. I hear things that should all be on the right channel, are half and half.
The surround sound doesn't work in this game.
Hopefully a Patch will be coming out soon!
The Memory leak is hitting me also, I start off with FPS in the 50's, 4 hours later I am in the same area but with 20 FPS.

I wonder if it's EAX? I've got a Xi-Fi

crash to desktop whenever i try to go into the waynon (waylon?) house zone. i click on the door it starts to load but then just dumps me to desktop. so far that's the only problem i've encountered in the game but i think that's where jeffre is so I don't know what i'm supposed to do.

I solved my hardlock issue! I cannot be happier...just got done playing for the first time beyond 45 minutes since I picked up the game tuesday.

I tried everything: drivers, sound tweaks, etc. nothing worked. Only seemed to prolong the inevitable lock & reboot. This morning I disabled SLI and played for 1 hour w/out a lock. I was like, this is nice, but not what I paid for with these 2 cards. Re-enabled SLI, locked inside 10 minutes. Rebooted to bios since I've absolutely resovled in my mind where the issue was coming from and upped my PCIE frequency by 1 to 101. Rock solid! Just played for 2 hours straight w/out a hiccup.

I hope this helps any A8N32 users out there....may solve locks with the 7900GTXs across the board.

:cool:

Im seeming to have problems with my pony biting off Scott Tenerman's penis.

any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Crash to desktop and error message frequently during general gameplay.

Crash to blue screen during gameplay, also frequent.

I've had the screen go dark except for the UI and I could bring up menus and such. It was easy to save and reload to fix it so I hasn't bothered me much. I've also had it give me an error when exiting the game. Again, I was quitting anyway so it doesn't bother me though.

What has bothered has been the occasional freezing. It doesn't seem to happen in any specific spot. The screen and everything on it freezes and just sits there. I can't alt-tab out or ctrl-alt-dlte to bring up the task manager. I have to reboot the computer. I don't think the VC is overheating, at least I've never had any problems with it after long play sessions with WoW, FEAR, BF2 or Doom3. It's also never popped up a warning or sound that it was overheating. Of course since I can't get out of the game when it freezes to check the GPU temp I can't be sure.

I play at 1024x768 (max res of my monitor), HDR on, settings auto detected to Ultra High originally. I reduced textures to Medium and it happened. I switched to Bloom and 2x AA and it still happened. I'm using the 84.25 beta drivers. Anyone have similar things happen? I've never had it crash to desktop though.

It runs kind of crappily, at least for me. I have an AMD Athlon64 3200+, MSI K8N Neo4-F, XFX 7900GT, 2 gig of PC3200 RAM, and I run it at 1024x768, most of the sliders set to near max, shadows all off or low, HDR enabled and no AA/AF, and only manage around an average of 35-40 or so FPS, dipping into the 20's outside or around more than 3 or so NPCs. I don't understand why, I just reformatted my windows drive the weekend before oblivion was released, and I have the latest drivers.

Here's a shitty issue...the cure for vampirism quest is broken...the count's secretary just says "Hang on, I'll go get him" ...but she never does anything, she just stands there....

Right now I'm trying to figure out how to spawn the cure in the editor at my location in the game...

Man, I love this game when it works.

I'm probably about 8 hours into it, and I've already had it crash 9 times. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

While OC'ed:
2 graphics started corrupting, got worse and worse until crash.
4 went through a door, and crashed to desktop.

While not OC'ed:
1 Crash to desktop when trying to exit the game.
1 Went through a door and game dropped to about 1 frame per 30 seconds, occasionally showing subframe work of building I was in, and showing people through walls. Had to do a hard shut down to get out of it.
1 Straight crash to desktop while simply walking through a cave.

I have a BFG 7800GTXOC and a A64 3000. I played all the way through Doom3 and HL2 with the overclock (250FSB, 2.25GHz on the Athlon) at 1600x1200/4xAA. I am playing Oblivion at 1024x768 with all the eye candy on. I have a well ventilated case, too. I've thought about disabling HDR, but from what I've seen, I really don't want to play the game without HDR.

On the bright side, I have gotten more sleep than I otherwise would have, because I generally go to bed, disgusted, after a crash.

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned - those of you with MCE that cannot pull up the console, it's because of the USB sensor. SImply disconnect it and then the console will be able to pop up when you hit the telda ~ key.

Back