Official EVGA Ampere Queue Thread

1611317934863.png

Passed on the 3090 when it came up (only a few weeks after), but otherwise none of the 3060 Ti or 3070s have popped, yet...

evga_queue.PNG

You guys will be waiting forever I gave up when I bought a card a month ago

.Screenshot_20210122-072048_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
1611323391255.png

I was late to the sign up party. I doubt I'll get a notification before stock is widely available.

I've gotten as far as getting a 3080 in my cart from best buy then couldn't check out because none were within 200 miles of me...

I've even setup a buying bot for newegg that can checkout in about 5 seconds, but because it takes me about 30 seconds to feed the info into it after cards go live I have had zero luck.

I'm done jumping in every time there is a stock drop, I'll wait until I can get a 3080 at its msrp even if that means I'm waiting until 4k series launches. I don't want a $1000 version of a $700-$750 card.

Got on this recently, but judging by the responses in this thread I'm not super hopeful, haha. Still using a 1070ti, so I'm not in awful shape, but I'm still itching for an upgrade.

Ordered a 3070 for a friend this way

Attachments

• evga.jpg
    evga.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 0
1611325541289.png

I might as well throw in the towel at this point, I'm months behind. Most likely should just buy something used for the GF's rig, I don't see the 3060Ti happening soon.

I already got a 3090 FTW3 Ultra from MicroCenter a few weeks after I entered the evga queue, but I'll stay in line as I know people who want one, so I'll end up selling to them for cost + shipping if I happen to get another one before they do. :)

1611332472058.png

Got my 3080 already but from someone else's notify that was fulfilled last month.
Holding this one for some of my interested friends.

1611333360874.png

Still waiting but for the most part I've given up hope on getting this card anytime soon. The 2080 is holding up just fine, maybe I'll get lucky with the 4k series.

Attachments

• Evga.PNG
    Evga.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 0
newegg gets stock before evga.com gets stock. :/ I'm in line for January 11th or 12th. I don't want to look. lol

1611340930242.png

Canceling those notifies = Monumentally Stupid! Esp the 3070s within the first 2 mins given the price increases now (just ordered 1 could have gotten all 4 SKUs by now...) still may get to use my EVGA bucks if the 3060 Ti Day 1 queues get there before April 1st or they release a 3080 ti by then lol. The 3895 and 3881 SKUs are ghosts and will never move.

1611344425871.png

Could have signed up for that last one an hour earlier, but I didn't think I was looking at the right button. Little did I know that hour would end up costing me weeks or months.

Screenshot_2021-01-22 EVGA - Community - My Products.png

I ended up NOT buying the 3755 as I really wanted a 3080 card. I'm less than 2 minutes from the 3751 and i'm going to jump on that for a while until one of the 3080's comes my way. I never thought I'd be waiting this long to get a card.... :(

Looking at that sheet I'm close to getting a hybrid. Are there any reliability issues with the hybrid versus the standard 3 fan setup?

I had a dream this morning that I was notified on my EVGA Hybrid. I checked my queue and realized it was only a dream.
Your sig already says you have an EVGA 3080. You can buy the Hybrid kits separately from EVGA.

Your sig already says you have an EVGA 3080. You can buy the Hybrid kits separately from EVGA.
I didn’t realize that. Just looked it up! That’s very cool. Would allow me to use my cooler master cosmos case again to exhaust heat outside case. And the x3 is just too loud anyway with standard aircooler.

Heres a video of my 3080 X3 stock air cooler in an open Thermaltake P3 case. My PC otherwise silent because I use a 360 MM cpu RAD and the fans spin at 800 RPM. No spinning drives to avoid the clicking, and my 1000 watt PSU fan doesn’t even turn on. The last few cards I’ve had in my case were pretty much inaudible from my chair. This x3 is definitely not inaudible.

Last edited:
I didn’t realize that. Just looked it up! That’s very cool. Would allow me to use my cooler master cosmos case again to exhaust heat outside case. And the x3 is just too loud anyway with standard aircooler.

Heres a video of my 3080 X3 stock air cooler in an open Thermaltake P3 case. My PC otherwise silent because I use a 360 MM cpu RAD and the fans spin at 800 RPM. No spinning drives to avoid the clicking, and my 1000 watt PSU fan doesn’t even turn on. The last few cards I’ve had in my case were pretty much inaudible from my chair. This x3 is definitely not inaudible.

I have the 3090 XC3 Ultra (same cooler, even higher TDP) and do agree that the cooler does leave a bit to be desired. I would rate it as just average; it seems sufficient for cooling, but there are other cards with better acoustics and thermals. I'll be putting a waterblock on mine so the cooler is irrelevant in my situation. But if you are air cooling I would recommend setting a better fan curve and/or research the hybrid coolers.

Interesting, my lowly Zotac Trinity is near silent 🤫

1611601747364.png

I was able to snag a 3080 from new egg, mainly staying on this to help a buddy who is still looking for one.

I really don’t care what one pops first as long as some one makes a water block for it. I just checked and it looks like I’m covered by EK on them but they are all preorder. I’ll end up getting a card and then have to wait another month for a water block just to be able to put it on my rig. The 3881 looks to be make believe. I haven’t seen any one get that model yet.

Not waiting on one, got an 3090FE a few months back when they were doing Bestbuy drops. Just using this for a friend.

1611626390490.png

Should have done more than just one... lol

View attachment 321385

I know of no one who has got their hands on a Black Model of the 80 class. My local shop who have sold many hundreds of the 80 class this past 4 months say they've received many FULL Cash deposits, but ZERO 'Blacks'. Only FTW3 Ultra(never the FTW3 'Gaming' ) and XC3 Ultra's.

I had to pony up the full cash deposit at my local computer shop and wait 3 weeks before they called me to pick it up,back on Sept 17th at 10 am ,in person only they said.

I know of no one who has got their hands on a Black Model of the 80 class. My local shop who have sold many hundreds of the 80 class this past 4 months say they've received many FULL Cash deposits, but ZERO 'Blacks'. Only FTW3 Ultra(never the FTW3 'Gaming' ) and XC3 Ultra's.

I had to pony up the full cash deposit at my local computer shop and wait 3 weeks before they called me to pick it up,back on Sept 17th at 10 am ,in person only they said.
I have the cheapest black model (no backplate) from adorama.com (not EVGA queue)

I ordered it on 9/18/20. It was delivered on 12/30. I think exlink has one as well. (Not sure if from EVGA or elsewhere.)

Last edited:
Back