Official ASUS P8P67 Series Overclocking Guide and Information

If you are using manual vcore in BIOS, yes. I do not like using manual since it feeds a high constant voltage. I am using offset with add turbo but it is tricky to get stable since it may crash at idle if there are not enough volts. Currently I am testing my 4700MHz settings with vcore 1.080 @ 1600 idle and 1.368 (Prime95 blend) and AIDA64 (1.392) @ 4700MHz. Temps are 62 degrees and below.

Normally the idle crashes happen when you are using offset and a high setting for LLC - if you use regular (and a higher offset) it should help.

Original board overclocked to 4.8 ghz without issue using the above method. When I received my replacement board not only will it not OC, it won't even Turbo up from idle. Even under load it stays at 1600 mhz. Got a second board and it does the same thing. I can't imagine that I damaged the CPU just moving it from one board to the other...cojuld it have something to do with memory? At my wits end...

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate their assistance. My original rig was running sooo well this really getting me down.

Thanks

Steve G

If you are using manual vcore in BIOS, yes. I do not like using manual since it feeds a high constant voltage. I am using offset with add turbo but it is tricky to get stable since it may crash at idle if there are not enough volts. Currently I am testing my 4700MHz settings with vcore 1.080 @ 1600 idle and 1.368 (Prime95 blend) and AIDA64 (1.392) @ 4700MHz. Temps are 62 degrees and below.

Really appreciate that info. I did what you said and it idles at a low voltage now, I think I've got the offset voltage near correct so its going well!

Original board overclocked to 4.8 ghz without issue using the above method. When I received my replacement board not only will it not OC, it won't even Turbo up from idle. Even under load it stays at 1600 mhz. Got a second board and it does the same thing. I can't imagine that I damaged the CPU just moving it from one board to the other...cojuld it have something to do with memory? At my wits end...

If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate their assistance. My original rig was running sooo well this really getting me down.

Thanks

Steve G

Check if C1E is enabled. Make sure it's enabled and not on auto.

Update on mine:

LLC: Regular
Offset +20

Mine sits at 4.8ghz @ 1.392v which is pretty darn good. I did notice when I stopped prime or did some other application the voltage spikes up over 1.4 which was weird because it didn't under prime. Talking about 1.45 vcore which is dangerous imo.

Update on mine:

Offset +20

Mine sits at 4.8ghz @ 1.392v which is pretty darn good. I did notice when I stopped prime or did some other application the voltage spikes up over 1.4 which was weird because it didn't under prime. Talking about 1.45 vcore which is dangerous imo.

I was under the impression - or what I read about originally atleast when I first got my 2600k, that over 1.3-1.4 was dangerous - thus why I decided to stick to:

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual
BLCK Freq: 100.00
Turbo Ratio: By All Cores (OS Adjust)
By All Cores: 45
Internal PLL OverVoltage: Disabled
Mem Freq: 1600MHz
EPU Power Saving: Disabled

Load-Line Calibration: Ultra High
VRM Freq: Manual Set to 350
Phase Control: Extreme
Duty Contorl: Extreme
CPU Current Capability: 100%
CPU OverVoltage: Manual
CPU Offset: 1.280
DRAM Voltage: 1.5v
VCCSA Voltage: Auto
VCCIO Voltage: Auto
CPU PLL Voltage: Auto
PCH Voltage: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Enabled

My only concern is the Load-Line Calibration being on Ultra High - if I drop it I BSOD - wondering if I should bump it up or try Offset.

What is the 'stock' Voltage that the Offset works off (aka +0.20 from ?).

I was under the impression - or what I read about originally atleast when I first got my 2600k, that over 1.3-1.4 was dangerous - thus why I decided to stick to:

My only concern is the Load-Line Calibration being on Ultra High - if I drop it I BSOD - wondering if I should bump it up or try Offset.

Its minimum is .005 and maxes at 0.685 or so. I think the "stock" voltage will be the defined per processor and the manual setting will be the added voltage it needs to be stable @ whatever speed. You can then lower the LLC. I currently have mine on Auto with the above offset and its stable. Seems to max out the vcore at 1.392 under prime95.

I think the intel data said 1.5 was the max before damage occurs.

Would having Load-Line Calibration set to Ultra High actually be causing my board any damage/overstress? I'm stable @ 4.5GHz with 1.28volts - only want to start fiddling again if I'm actually hurting things though haha.

Really appreciate that info. I did what you said and it idles at a low voltage now, I think I've got the offset voltage near correct so its going well!

If it crashes during web browsing or at idle it means you need to bump offset a little more. I am not using LLC.

Update on mine:

Offset +20

Personally I am not very fond of LLC feature. I prefer offset + additional turbo volts. Mine never spikes above 1.4. It is fun to experiment.:D

Taking into account your temps of "Reaches 75-80c under load " I would start worrying about that in the first place. I would high temps are more detrimental than higher volts with low temps.

Would having Load-Line Calibration set to Ultra High actually be causing my board any damage/overstress? I'm stable @ 4.5GHz with 1.28volts - only want to start fiddling again if I'm actually hurting things though haha.

You are barely even tipping your toe in at 1.28... don't worry about it. Go for more and be [H] :p

Update on mine:

Offset +20

Very nice, indeed. Most people are using manual vcore in BIOS which I would never do. Prime95 does not stress CPU to the fullest. Download AIDA64, and stress CPU, FPU and Cache tat once in order to see maximum vcore.

Taking into account your temps of "Reaches 75-80c under load " I would start worrying about that in the first place. I would high temps are more detrimental than higher volts with low temps.

Would you say giving an Offset approach a go? Or using Manually and slightly rising to say 1.3Volts while lowering LLC?

Still not 100% sure what LLC is doing and if it is bad to set to Ultra High.

As mentioned I do live in Australia so my room temperature is like 28c - playing Crysis 2 for 8hours or so nets me max 50-55c across all the Cores.

55c is nothing to worry about. Of course that's in a GPU-heavy game so it isn't stressing it much either. What are your load temps in Prime95 blend or AIDA64's stability test (CPU/FPU/Cache)? BFBC2 will probably get temps a bit higher than Crysis 2 as well.

55c is nothing to worry about. Of course that's in a GPU-heavy game so it isn't stressing it much either. What are your load temps in Prime95 blend or AIDA64's stability test (CPU/FPU/Cache)? BFBC2 will probably get temps a bit higher than Crysis 2 as well.

As stated above, was hitting 70-80c under Prime for 2-4hours (that was back on my B2, haven't tested with my new thermal paste + B3 Motherboard but doubt things would of changed too much).

I might do a test tonight and update this here - I'm happy where I am atm with the above settings - I posted to see if I could fix/change anything that could help the longevity of my equipment :)?

Would you say giving an Offset approach a go? Or using Manually and slightly rising to say 1.3Volts while lowering LLC?

LLC is basically adding additional voltage when the processor is under load to compensate for the Vdroop, and keep a stable load voltage. The problem with it is that when the load changes quickly, like when a benchmark run ends, the voltage can spike to values higher than you have set, sometimes to damaging levels. So it is a trade-off. You'll need higher levels of LLC at high overclocks, but for something under 5.0, I personally would try to keep it lower than Ultra High, if possible.

As mentioned I do live in Australia so my room temperature is like 28c - playing Crysis 2 for 8hours or so nets me max 50-55c across all the Cores.

Summers are in NY are not only hot but also super humid. Do you have an AC?;) Offset will not change much in your case. I can run mine 4.5GHz with your vcore without any problems either. I wil be testing manual this weekend once I am done with offset.:)

EDIT: I see you have "Noctua NH-U12P SE2". I swapped mine for Corsair A70 + Noctua black fan resistors.

Summers are in NY are not only hot but also super humid. Do you have an AC?;) Offset will not change much in your case. I can run mine 4.5GHz with your vcore without any problems either. I wil be testing manual this weekend once I am done with offset.:)

EDIT: I see you have "Noctua NH-U12P SE2". I swapped mine for Corsair A70 + Noctua black fan resistors.

Let me know how you go re-Manual testing - would be interested.

Would it be possible for you to paste your settings currently for you're 4.5GHz?

In regards to AC - negative - doesn't reach my 'Computer Den' haha - I'll take a look at the A70 - but would like to save some $ :).

Let me know how you go re-Manual testing - would be interested.

Would it be possible for you to paste your settings currently for you're 4.5GHz?

In regards to AC - negative - doesn't reach my 'Computer Den' haha - I'll take a look at the A70 - but would like to save some $ :).

Tomorrow, I need to do my weights for 30 minutes and going to bed afterwards. It is 2AM EST. I hasten to add that my Deluxe B3 is not as overclocking friendly as was my Asus Pro B2 version. With B2 I was able to hit 4.5GHz with +0.035 offset, vram set to 350 and x45. It would never crash at IDLE.

If it crashes during web browsing or at idle it means you need to bump offset a little more. I am not using LLC.

I didn't see a setting to disable it all together, how are you doing so?

I didn't see a setting to disable it all together, how are you doing so?

LLC? It is enogh to set it to regular (disabled so to say). I forgot to add that I set CPU Power Capability to 120%, Vram 350, LLC regular, internal pll auto, offset +0.125, duty control extreme, phase control extreme.

What exactly is this Cpu Power Capability and how do you know what to set it to?

The manual says it feeds more power to the CPU. I assume is helps sustain better volts and reduces vdroop under stress. Every time I change settings I always apply the same test to see if it does not crash. It is trial and error. It is quite a lot of fun overclocking SB since there are so many ways of approaching it.

I'm still reading through the posts here and wonder if anyone else is having this problem. I swapped my B2 P8P67 Deluxe for the new B3 and I'm having problems.

On B2 the only thing I had to do was set to manual, up my multi to 46, enable PLL, set memory speed, set phase to extreme, and LLC to auto. 24 hour stable, game stable, with 1.016v idle and 1.36v - 1.37v fully loaded. Worked great with no problems.

On B3 with both 1305 and 1502 (cleared CMOS too) at idle I'm 1.296v and load 1.44v and up. It's not entirely stable and warm. I've been trying voltage settings with no luck. None of my old settings seem to work and using offset minus to bring voltage down just causes instability. Why would there be such a large voltage jump with the same chip?

I'm still reading through the posts here and wonder if anyone else is having this problem. I swapped my B2 P8P67 Deluxe for the new B3 and I'm having problems.

On B2 the only thing I had to do was set to manual, up my multi to 46, enable PLL, set memory speed, set phase to extreme, and LLC to auto. 24 hour stable, game stable, with 1.016v idle and 1.36v - 1.37v fully loaded. Worked great with no problems.

On B3 with both 1305 and 1502 (cleared CMOS too) at idle I'm 1.296v and load 1.44v and up. It's not entirely stable and warm. I've been trying voltage settings with no luck. None of my old settings seem to work and using offset minus to bring voltage down just causes instability. Why would there be such a large voltage jump with the same chip?

What are your C6, C3 and C1E settings? If they are Auto... set them to enabled.

I enabled them on advice from a previous post yesterday, were originally on auto, did not help.

Firewalker81- My 2133 runs fine at 2133, but it won't resume from sleep. I would be happy with 1866, but something *else* is also preventing resume from sleep, and I can't figure out what.

Also-
I like LLC Regular. Here are some numbers I get:

LLC multiplier increment Vload temp (10x IntelBurnTest)
Ultra High 48 .025 1.360 73C
Regular 48 .090 1.336 67C

What exactly is this Cpu Power Capability and how do you know what to set it to?

The CPU Current Capability affects the OCP (overcurrent protection) mechanism of the motherboard. In our testing, we haven't seen the need for increasing this option and we've overclocked to the 5.2-5.4GHz range. This option could potentially decrease the lifespan of your CPU and motherboard. I don't recommend using this option other than the rare cases where you CPU seems to need a lot of voltage, and even then, you would only need this option at around 5.2GHz+. Other than that, benchers and extreme overclockers are probably the only people who might need to increase this option.

The CPU Current Capability affects the OCP (overcurrent protection) mechanism of the motherboard. In our testing, we haven't seen the need for increasing this option and we've overclocked to the 5.2-5.4GHz range. This option could potentially decrease the lifespan of your CPU and motherboard. I don't recommend using this option other than the rare cases where you CPU seems to need a lot of voltage, and even then, you would only need this option at around 5.2GHz+. Other than that, benchers and extreme overclockers are probably the only people who might need to increase this option.

Thank you very much for the explanation and warning.

I am sorry but that is just plain tautology. You copy and paste some info from your brochure and post it. It does not increase voltage. Wait, I have your fantastic 3 year warranty.:rolleyes:

I am sorry but that is just plain tautology. You copy and paste some info from your brochure and post it. It does not increase voltage. Wait, I have your fantastic 3 year warranty.:rolleyes:

1) Quit trolling and go to some teenage forum and go troll there.
2) Where did he say that it increases voltage?
3) Learn how to read. You clearly have attention deficit disorder and don't understand a single thing he wrote.
4) You don't even own the board.
5) Do you even know what OCP is? Didn't think so.

But I guess without the 12 year old kids on this forum, it wouldn't be as fun...

1) Quit trolling and go to some teenage forum and go troll there.
2) Where did he say that it increases voltage?
3) Learn how to read. You clearly have attention deficit disorder and don't understand a single thing he wrote.
4) You don't even own the board.
5) Do you even know what OCP is? Didn't think so.

But I guess without the 12 year old kids on this forum, it wouldn't be as fun...

I see, another self-proclaimed crusader.:rolleyes:

On B2 the only thing I had to do was set to manual, up my multi to 46, enable PLL, set memory speed, set phase to extreme, and LLC to auto.

At 46 you shouldn't need PLL enabled. Try disabling it and see if it helps.

Guys, I have the pro board and an i7 2600k. I plan to OC to 4.5gHZ, what setting should I start adjusting/change first?

Guys, I have the pro board and an i7 2600k. I plan to OC to 4.5gHZ, what setting should I start adjusting/change first?

If I'm not mistaken, I've done a lot of research and people usually suggest to start with the multiplier and change to 40 (4GHz) then increment by .1GHz until it's unstable then slightly increase the Vcore. Some chips have been able to stay at 4.5GHz with relatively low vcore (~1.25V). It's recommended to stay under 1.38V for 24/7 if I'm not mistaken. Someone please correct me if I've mispoken.

On a 2600k is it recommended to leave LLC on AUTO when doing 4.5ghz at 1.28v (offset)? (pll is disabled) Lowered from high to auto and I bsod.

raised vcore by 1tick but still bsod, now I set llc back to high and i booted fine into windows, hmm

Last edited:

If you are only doing 4.5, just change the multiplier to 45 and leave everything else alone.

Back