Official ASUS P8P67 Series Overclocking Guide and Information

Maybe, that depends on your CPU. You can certainly try lowering the voltage, it won't hurt the CPU, just be prepared for a possible crash.

what is the suggested maximum temperature for this CPU?
I read on your sign that your temp is 70°, isn't it too high? As far as I know the Tcase is 72°, aren't you too near the limit?

It didn't BSOD but on pass 2 on Linx it stopped with errors , so I went up to + 0.060 and no issues.. I didn't change a thing just set Optimized Defaults, flashed to 1502 Bios , booted to windows , Shutdown & cleared Cmos , set Optimized Defaults , Rebooted and set it up.

I can pass every test I throw at it with no issues.. I haven't tried Prime as of yet.. It was not working right for me on any Overclock I would set, That's got me scratching my head..

@ Spooony My Ram is 2000MHz stock 9-10-9-27 Dominator GT (CMT8GX3M2A2000C9) So at 1866 It's Under Clocked.

It's my theory that +0.060 is the LOWEST YOU CAN GO on ANY overclock, as this sets the idle voltage (@ 1.000v). Any lower than this and there is trouble. Soooo, it is my advice to always keep the offset at 0.060 to ensure a good idle voltage, but to use LLC and the Additional Turbo Voltage if necessary to help with high overclocks. For example,

To run at 4.8Ghz - 1.000v idle - 32 degrees/ 1.344 - 1.368v Max Load - 85 degrees (Prime 2hrs Stable)

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual
BLCK Freq: 100.00
Turbo Ratio: Enabled (All Cores)
By All Cores: 48
Internal PLL OverVoltage: Enabled
Mem Freq: (AS PER YOUR RAM)
EPU Power Saving: Disabled

Load-Line Calibration: High
VRM Freq: Manual Set to 350
Phase Control: Extreme
Duty Contorl: Extreme
CPU Current Capability: 100%
CPU OverVoltage: Offset Mode
CPU Offset: + 0.060
DRAM Voltage: (AS PER YOUR RAM)
VCCSA Voltage: Auto
VCCIO Voltage: Auto
CPU PLL Voltage: Auto
PCH Voltage: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Ratio: Auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Enabled
Intel Virtualization: Disabled
Intel SpeedStep: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
CPU C1E, C3, C6: Enabled

To run at 4.6Ghz - 1.000v idle - 30 degrees/ 1.304v Max Load - 70 degrees max (3 weeks stable)

AI Overclock Tuner: Manual
BLCK Freq: 100.00
Turbo Ratio: Enabled (All Cores)
By All Cores: 46
Internal PLL OverVoltage: Enabled
Mem Freq: (AS PER YOUR RAM)
EPU Power Saving: Disabled

Load-Line Calibration: Regular
VRM Freq: Manual Set to 350
Phase Control: Extreme
Duty Contorl: Extreme
CPU Current Capability: 100%
CPU OverVoltage: Offset Mode
CPU Offset: + 0.060
DRAM Voltage: (AS PER YOUR RAM)
VCCSA Voltage: Auto
VCCIO Voltage: Auto
CPU PLL Voltage: Auto
PCH Voltage: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Ratio: Auto
Additional Turbo Voltage: +0.010 (May or may not be required)
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor: Enabled
Intel Virtualization: Disabled
Intel SpeedStep: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
CPU C1E, C3, C6: Enabled

I've got +.020 offset on my 4.8 2600K OC and it's Prime stable. Medium LLC, additional Turbo volts.
I've got - .020 offset on my 4.8 2500K OC and it's Prime stable. Regular LLC, additional Turbo volts.

I've got +.020 offset on my 4.8 2600K OC and it's Prime stable. Medium LLC, additional Turbo volts.
I've got - .020 offset on my 4.8 2500K OC and it's Prime stable. Regular LLC, additional Turbo volts.

There goes that theory then. Though my idle volts do drop the lower I have the offset, so what is your idle voltage at +.020?

what is the suggested maximum temperature for this CPU?
I read on your sign that your temp is 70°, isn't it too high? As far as I know the Tcase is 72°, aren't you too near the limit?

Tcase is not the same as the internal temperature that is reported by Realtemp, et al. Tcase can not be measured directly as it is the temperature at the top center of the integrated heat spreader (and is used by heatsink companies to design their coolers).

Tcase is not the same as the internal temperature that is reported by Realtemp, et al. Tcase can not be measured directly as it is the temperature at the top center of the integrated heat spreader (and is used by heatsink companies to design their coolers).

ok but it isn't much distant than the value measured by real temp, so 70° is a high temperature in any case.

I just wanted to add an observation/well known info here, with my 2600k it doesn't like some of the settings posted in this or other threads even though I followed them to a T. Bottom line is what works for one person won't necessarily work for you but that doesn't mean that there are not other ways to get to the same goal.

When someone posts that they are getting high overclocks with conservative settings we can't just assume our chips will do the same. In my particular case my chip can hit those high clocks but it requires tons of voltage to do so. Luckily I can overclock moderately AND keep my sleep function.

I haven't been able to find how to take screenshots in the BIOS. I believe it's F12 but then where do the images go?

Thanks

Anyone else having an issue where if you put the computer to sleep, once it comes back the display doesn't turn on? Then when I hit the power button to shut it off and turn it back on it'll say resuming windows :confused:

Anyone else having an issue where if you put the computer to sleep, once it comes back the display doesn't turn on? Then when I hit the power button to shut it off and turn it back on it'll say resuming windows :confused:

Try disconnecting your video cable and reconnecting it?

I haven't been able to find how to take screenshots in the BIOS. I believe it's F12 but then where do the images go?

Thanks

I figured it out. Boot with a USB thumb drive, press F12 on the BIOS screen you want and a box pops up asking where to save the image. It defaulted to my thumb drive. I took multiple shots. It makes BMP files.

CAUTION: it strangely changed/rearranged my boot order drive and I had to reset the correct boot drive in order for it to boot.

ok but it isn't much distant than the value measured by real temp, so 70° is a high temperature in any case.

I think 70 is considered a pretty reasonable overclocked temp for these chips. Maybe a little on the high side, but not anything to worry about. Tjunction is what, 95C on these? So you've got some room to play there.

I think 70 is considered a pretty reasonable overclocked temp for these chips. Maybe a little on the high side, but not anything to worry about. Tjunction is what, 95C on these? So you've got some room to play there.

what is tjunction?

Oh I love this cpu. Picked one up today this is what I noticed with the settings
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h452/spooony1/Spooony.jpg

AI Tweaker" Page"
AI Overclock Tuner = Manual

BCLK/PEG Freq = 100
Memory Frequency = 1600mhz or whatever freq your Mem is.

OC Tuner = Disabled

EPU Power Saving = Disabled

EPU Settings = Disabled

Dram Timing Control. Set to memorys SPD timings.

Internal PLL overvoltage = Enabled You need the latest bios for this option

CPU Power Management

CPU Ratio - Manual

Turbo Ratio = By All Cores

By all cores = 50

Turbo Mode = Enabled

Load Line Calibration = Ultra High

VRM Spread Spectrum = Disabled

VRM Frequency = Manual

VRM Fixed Freq Mode = 370

Phase Control = Extreme

Duty Control = T.Probe

CPU Current Capability = 120%

Dram Voltage = Set to Memory spec.

CPU Voltage = Manual - 1.375v to start for 5000 Ghz. May require more or less. Be careful with the voltage

All other voltages = Auto

Advanced -> CPU Configuration Page

CPU Ratio = 50

Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitor = Enabled

Hyper-Threading = Enabled

Active Processor Cores = All

Limit CPUID Maximum = Disabled

Executebit = Disabled

Speedstep = Disabled

Turbo = Enabled

C1E = Enabled

C3 = Disabled

C6 = Disabled

Still pretty stable here.. havent had a chance to switch to "extreme" settings to see if voltages change though..

I did see one idle at around 0.97, but on average the cpu in idle mode, seems around 3ghz or so.. and usually between 1.25 and 1.37 (more like 1.37 on the average).. i rarely see it hit 1600mhz while sitting there, though i do have things like outlook open etc.

My biggest issue right now is that i cant hibernate.. i've tried disabling PLL, enabling PLL and leaving it back on Auto..

I get a BSOD.. internal_power_error error A0.. I'm on sp1 of win 7 x64 ult... any thoughts on this one? EDIT.. i think i had different size ram in for testing, so the hibernation file is wrong size.. i think the fix is to run as admin command prompt and do this: powercfg /hibernate /size 100

Update again, i'm still getting the internal power error a0 bsod.. any thoughts as to why this may be occurring?

if it bsod then either the cpu need more power or you have too aggressive ram settings.

I'm doubting that is it, this is only at the point of clicking hibernate.. i was 24 hours stable on prime95 blend (offset)

I'm doubting that is it, this is only at the point of clicking hibernate.. i was 24 hours stable on prime95 blend (offset)

i confirmed not the cpu.. i had a "bare" freshly installed windows 7.. it hibernated fine.. this pre-existing one has the issue.. maybe a driver issue somewhere

I think 90 is max so I'm comfortable at 70. Keep in mind that I'm only seeing this temperature during full load stress tests for stability.

anyone have settings to follow for OC'ing on stock volts? also, i'm not seeing XMP being recommended in most places.. is there a reason for that? I see 'manual' instead.

ok, but when the CPU downlock itselft for security reason?

The CPUs downclock in idle as a power saving feature, not as a safety. The only safety I'm aware of is high temp. Once the CPU reaches max temp (roughly 90C) it will start to back-off.

anyone have settings to follow for OC'ing on stock volts? also, i'm not seeing XMP being recommended in most places.. is there a reason for that? I see 'manual' instead.

Most of the memory XMP profiles are for previous gen processors, and may cause problems with SB chips. Manual eliminates those concerns.

Why would they implement the feature if it doesn't work with SB?

Works fine for me at 4.5GHz with XMP Profile 1.

The CPUs downclock in idle as a power saving feature, not as a safety. The only safety I'm aware of is high temp. Once the CPU reaches max temp (roughly 90C) it will start to back-off.

this is what I'm asking for, at what temp the cpu downclock itself?

Why would they implement the feature if it doesn't work with SB?

Works fine for me at 4.5GHz with XMP Profile 1.

Because new memory has XMP profiles that are tuned for SB. It is only older memory that had problems (and not even all of them - mine works fine as well).

this is what I'm asking for, at what temp the cpu downclock itself?

Thermal throttling should begin around Tjunction max - which I believe is 95C on these chips.

2133 resume from sleep fixed

First of all, thanks silkysean!
I'm using *all* of his settings from here for a comfortable 4.8/1.36V/74C. (FT02+HR02 all fans undervolted)

And, I finally got my G. Skill RipjawsX F3-17000CL9D-4GBXL at 2133 to resume from sleep by selecting AI Overclock Tuner: X.M.P., as suggested above.

I'll reduce the temps a little then I'm done. :)

Last edited:
2133 resume from sleep fixed

First of all, thanks silkysean!
I'm using *all* of his settings from here for a comfortable 4.8/1.36V/74C

I wish I could get my CPU that cool. I have a ALC water cooler and i'm hitting temps of 85+ Something is not right!

Hello all, I'm new here :)

Maybe you can help me :)

I read the most of this post but I encounter some problems to OC my CPU :
Asus P8P67 Pro REV B3 (Bios 1502)- I7 2600K (Batch L101B540) - Noctua NH-D14 - 8Go Ram GSKILL Ripjaws CAS7

For now, I reach 4.6GHz with success. Stable under OCCT 30min (T° maxi OCCT : 69°) with the following parameters in the bios :

AI OC Tuner -----------Manual
BLCK/PEG--------------100
Turbo Ratio ------------All Cores
By all Cores ------------46
Internal PLL OverV------Enable
Memory Frequency -----1600 (DDR3 12800) Manually : 7-8-7-24 (Timings Gskill)
EPU Power Saving ------Disable

CPU Ratio --------------Auto
Enhanced Intel Speed---Enable
Turbo Mode ------------Enable

Load Line Calibration ----Auto
VRM Frequency ---------Manual ---- 350
Phase Control ----------Optimized
Duty Control -----------T.Probe

CPUV ------------------1.38
DRAM V-----------------1.6 (Gskill)
VCCSA V----------------Auto
VCCIO V----------------Auto
PCH V-------------------Auto

All auto in advanced menu.

I would like to reach 4.7 GHz (and more if possible) but I've an error on Core XX under OCCT after some minutes only.

Maybe I can increase the CPUV but before, have you some advises ? Can I change some values ?

Thank for your help :)

try this for 4.7GHz

AI OC Tuner -----------Manual
BLCK/PEG--------------100
Turbo Ratio ------------All Cores
By all Cores ------------47
Internal PLL OverV------Enable
Memory Frequency -----1600 (DDR3 12800) Timings Gskill
EPU Power Saving ------Disable

CPU Ratio --------------Auto
Enhanced Intel Speed---Enable
Turbo Mode ------------Enable