Official ASUS P8P67 Series Overclocking Guide and Information

Is your error that it is swapping from 1600Mhz to 4500Mhz? It's supposed to do that! It's called SpeedStep lol

Yes that is true but that voltage is way too high for 4.5GHz.

Yeah I was just about to add that. On his other screenshot it shows that the has the vcore set manually to 1.350v which is why it is overvolting to 1.4v.

Tocusiek, set your vcore to offset mode as I said before!!

I'm not sure why you need 1.32v for 4.5Ghz. I can run 4.6Ghz at 1.30v and less.

You forget that every CPU is different. Some cpu's need 1.35v load for stability at 4.5 ghz. Mine needs 1.238v, and that may wind up rising as the CPU "breaks in." (or degrades). Previous 2600k needed 1.28v for 4.5 ghz.

That's like you coming here and saying "Why can't you do 5.5 ghz? I can do 5.6 ghz at 1.55v."

/facepalm

Yes for sure use + offset as he said and run Prime for a hour or so. If you don't get any errors lower the + offset one notch and run Prime again till you get errors and you will find the sweet spot..:cool: If you get a error right off the bat up it a notch.

As with mine I went up to 0.080 and failed so I changed LLC to Medium and + offset 0.040 and was able to be stable. As above all chips will not clock the same , It's just the luck of the draw If you get a great one or not.

This is what it took for me , and I tried all night long different configurations.. My old board for some reason did much better than the new B3 , lol when it worked..

Stable 5 hours Prime. 1.32 max on vcore , 51-53c max on 2 cores.

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
BCLK/ Frequency - 103.0
All Cores - 44
PLL - Disable
Memory - 1922MHz @ 9-10-9-27-2t
EPU Power Saving - Disable

Load-Line - Medium
Phase Control - Optimized
Dutry Control - T.Probe
CPU Current Capability - 100%
VRM Freq - 350
CPU Voltage - Offset + 0.040
DRAM 1.65
CPU PLL Voltage - Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum - Disabled
C1 C3 C6 - Enable

I think my stability issues are caused by my Dominator GT , So I have some G.SKILL Ripjaws X F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL and Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 sitting around.. Going to try them and see If I can hit on the settings you listed silkysean.. As 4.8 GHz is where I want to be and I cant get there as of yet. Offset + 0.125 BSOD right after I started Prime.

Last edited:
stable. To change something?
Ai Overclock Tuner – manual
BCLK – 100
Core R Limit - 45
Internal PLL - Disabled
Memory Freq - 1600
EPU Power – Disabled
DRAM Timin Control - Auto
Load Line Calibration - Auto
VRM Frequency - Auto
VRM Spreed spectrum - Disabled
Phase Control - Optimized
Duty Control - T.Probe
CPU Current C - 100%
CPU Voltage - Manual
CPU Voltage - 1.270
DDR Voltage - 1.55
Reszta napięć Auto
C1E - Enabled
C3 i C6 – Disabled

my memory ram - 1600 CL9 1.55v-1.75v

Last edited:
So, the other night I decided its time to see what my new i5 2500k and P8P67 Pro with a Scythe Mugen 2 on top were capable of, it was bound to happen. After reading this wonderful post figured I'd try the extreme auto in the Aisuit and ill be danged if it didn't come out at 50x 103 my only issue with this is it was running at 1.55v.

Figuring 1 ghz of oc was more than enough I've been trying to refine a 47x of for everyday. Have LLC set to ultra high VRM to 350 and Phase Control set to Optimized all else at auto, I've decided to go the route of Offset voltage but at + auto again I was seeing over 1.5v when loaded. I now have it offset -0.050 and am now at a happy 1.35v average under load occasionally going up to 1.37v.

My question is how odd is my case with the offset voltage I see lots of people using +0.030 to get to 1.4v, I had to go to -0.02 to keep it at or under 1.4v.

Before I forget to mention I'm running a B3 board with the current BIOS. Also I'm seeing 62°c temps.

A lot of people are having problems with offsets overvolting like that on the asus boards.

So, the other night I decided its time to see what my new i5 2500k and P8P67 Pro with a Scythe Mugen 2 on top were capable of, it was bound to happen. After reading this wonderful post figured I'd try the extreme auto in the Aisuit and ill be danged if it didn't come out at 50x 103 my only issue with this is it was running at 1.55v.

Figuring 1 ghz of oc was more than enough I've been trying to refine a 47x of for everyday. Have LLC set to ultra high VRM to 350 and Phase Control set to Optimized all else at auto, I've decided to go the route of Offset voltage but at + auto again I was seeing over 1.5v when loaded. I now have it offset -0.050 and am now at a happy 1.35v average under load occasionally going up to 1.37v.

My question is how odd is my case with the offset voltage I see lots of people using +0.030 to get to 1.4v, I had to go to -0.02 to keep it at or under 1.4v.

Before I forget to mention I'm running a B3 board with the current BIOS. Also I'm seeing 62°c temps.

You have to turn LLC off to use the offset otherwise it adds more volts on top of the manual vcore.

Another test complete / 2 hours stable with Prime. P8P67 Deluxe B3 1305 Bios.

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
BCLK/ Frequency - 100.0
All Cores - 45
PLL - Disable
Memory - 1866MHz @8-9-8-24-2t
EPU Power Saving - Disable

Load-Line - High
Phase Control - Extreme
Dutry Control -Extreme
CPU Current Capability - 100%
VRM Freq - 350
CPU Voltage - Offset + 0.010
DRAM 1.63
CPU PLL Voltage - Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum - Disabled
C1 C3 C6 - Enable

i7 2600k
CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 2000MHz CMT8GX3M2A2000C9

1.33 Max on VCore stayed at 1.32 85% of the time , Max Temps 56c on one core 52c was average on Water..

From what I've seen my chip needs 1.33v on max 100% load to keep it from BSOD after it goes past 1 hour with Prime. At 1.32v Max 100% load after a hr or so BSOD 00XXX124 ,Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
I5 2500k 5.4GHz 100x54 <----- showing off :)
http://3dmark.com/3dm06/15468986 took 1.55v to clear the CPU bench- temp touched 80c. <-----don't try this at home kids

My sweet spot is 5.0 (100x50) -max core volts under EXTREME load is 1.4016 ...offset is +005.
C1 and EIST enabled, Bios 1305.

Last edited:
Ya know that's what's weired.... I used the +115 offset but my CPUZ shows what I posted. 1.368 :confused:

Also, on the max vcore voltage. I know of lots of people running at 1.5v and 5ghz or more for months now!

Gah, my previous 4.8ghz overclock is failing on Prime now. Very strange. I'm at +140 with LLC off now, gets me to 1.368v like you, and trying from there.
EDIT: That seems to be the sweet spot. 2 hours Prime stable is good enough for me. Hitting 80 degrees though, but I wont be using it 24/7!! I've ammended my settings on page 13 to reflect.

Last edited:
Hey silkysean are you using the B3 Board yet are you still on the B2 ? As for some reason there's a difference between the two for me anyway.. For example my B2 I could do 4.5 @ 1.31v Max , B3 needs 1.33-1.34 at least to pass prime for hrs.

Thanks for all your Info Mate , It's hard to find any new in put on these B3 Overclocks at the moment. I'm still trying alot of configurations myself so I will keep posting my results also.

What were the rest of your Bios settings ? I would like to give them a shot. 5.0GHz

CPU is set by core (50x100) OS does NOT change
PLL enabled
LLC ultra high
VRM manual 350
Phase Ctrl extreme
Duty cntrl extreme
CPU Volt base is 1.192/offset is .005

everything else is auto with CPU Speed Spectrum set to disabled.

My memory is:
1600 8-8-8-24 1t all other settings are auto

CPU Pwr managment:
C1 enabled with ESIT
C3 and C6 disabled

-Let me know if I've missed something

Last edited:
Gah, my previous 4.8ghz overclock is failing on Prime now. Very strange. I'm at +140 with LLC off now, gets me to 1.368v like you, and trying from there.
EDIT: That seems to be the sweet spot. 2 hours Prime stable is good enough for me. Hitting 80 degrees though, but I wont be using it 24/7!! I've ammended my settings on page 13 to reflect.

Failed right off the bat for me , I started Prime and 00x0000101 BSOD Back to the drawing board for me..:mad:

BSOD Codes
0x124 = add/remove vcore or QPI/VTT voltage (usually Vcore, once it was QPI/VTT)
0x101 = add more vcore
0x50 = RAM timings/Frequency add DDR3 voltage or add QPI/VTT
0x1E = add more vcore
0x3B = add more vcore
0xD1 = add QPI/VTT voltage
&#8220;0x9C = QPI/VTT most likely, but increasing vcore has helped in some instances&#8221;
0X109 = add DDR3 voltage
0x0A = add QPI/VTT voltage

I haven't found any stable settings without turning off that LLC. I really don't like the LLC. I have it on medium, but some random crazy spikes happens. I would recommend leaving the HWMonitor always ON for temps recording, and you will be surprised what you are going to see it. I once saw 1.67V. It never happens with prime or linx, but usually while gaming.

I haven't found any stable settings without turning off that LLC. I really don't like the LLC. I have it on medium, but some random crazy spikes happens. I would recommend leaving the HWMonitor always ON for temps recording, and you will be surprised what you are going to see it. I once saw 1.67V. It never happens with prime or linx, but usually while gaming.

Yes mine is set to Medium as I just cant get any stability with it off no matter what offset voltage I use..

I found that with LLC on I get much lower idle voltages. I set LLC on low (25%), offset to +0.030 and Additional Turbo Voltage to 0.080. My 2600K idles at a voltage of 1.016V and peaks at 1.376. With LLC off and higher offset and no additional turbo voltage it idles at about 1.1V with same peak voltage at the same clock setting (4.8GHz).

Thanks for the advice guys after reading a few pages before my post I started to get more of an idea where I should be settings wise.

Currently at:
47x multi
LLC to Regular
VRM Manual 350
Phase Control to Optimized
Offset voltage - 0.005

Memory at 1600 8-8-8-24 2T 1.50v

All else auto/default

Ive gotten 2 hours stable on AIDA64 next is Prime. According to HWMonitor my loaded voltage is hovering between 1.30v and 1.32v peaking once at 1.34 with 62'c temps

A few differences Ive noted between LLC of Reg. vs. Ultra High is that my idle voltage on reg bottoms at .99v while Ultra would go down to .91v. Also my average temp is about the same between ~1.31v at LLC Reg Offset - 0.005 and ~1.36v at LLC Ultra Offset -.050.

Hey silkysean are you using the B3 Board yet are you still on the B2 ? As for some reason there's a difference between the two for me anyway.. For example my B2 I could do 4.5 @ 1.31v Max , B3 needs 1.33-1.34 at least to pass prime for hrs.

Thanks for all your Info Mate , It's hard to find any new in put on these B3 Overclocks at the moment. I'm still trying alot of configurations myself so I will keep posting my results also.

I'm still on B2 at the moment. Asus aren't sending out the B3's in the UK until the end of March. I'm starting to think I should stick with the B2!!

I found that with LLC on I get much lower idle voltages. I set LLC on low (25%), offset to +0.030 and Additional Turbo Voltage to 0.080. My 2600K idles at a voltage of 1.016V and peaks at 1.376. With LLC off and higher offset and no additional turbo voltage it idles at about 1.1V with same peak voltage at the same clock setting (4.8GHz).

I also been trying Additional Turbo Voltage and with LLC on Regular (25%), offset to +0.030 and Additional Turbo Voltage to 0.180 one core failed worker stopped. went up to 0.192 with 00x0000124 bsod.. No luck for me and I seen some crazy voltage spikes , 1.44v +..

Confused as to what i should set for offset.. 0.190? I'm running 1.395 stable for 14 hours prime95 so far, with all settings to extreme, vram at 350 and llc on extreme..HT on and turbo on. (1.385 resulted in bsod 124)

Would it be 0.190? With LLC on regular as the offset, this doesnt sound right to me.

Last edited:
Confused as to what i should set for offset.. 0.190? I'm running 1.395 stable for 14 hours prime95 so far, with all settings to extreme, vram at 350 and llc on extreme..HT on and turbo on. (1.385 resulted in bsod 124)

Would it be 0.190? With LLC on regular as the offset, this doesnt sound right to me.

Try it and see, though I think 0.190 is too high for 1.395v. Try 0.165 and see what the voltages are like.

Try it and see, though I think 0.190 is too high for 1.395v. Try 0.165 and see what the voltages are like.

thanks,

So basically set it, start prime95 blend and just casually check the voltages over time via cpuv.. if it goes above 1.395 then lower it down i guess eh?

Using the Additional Turbo Voltage and CPU Voltage Offset example for 48x multi...

Old board: +0.005V offset, +.184 turbo VID
New board: +0.030V offset, +.192 turbo VID

For the Life of me I cant get anything stable with LLC on Regular , I'm using Medium .. The above are a starting point as I'm not able to stay stable for over 1 hr with any configuration I run . If your stable then lower the Additional Turbo Voltage till it fails.

Using the Additional Turbo Voltage and CPU Voltage Offset example for 48x multi...

For the Life of me I cant get anything stable with LLC on Regular , I'm using Medium .. The above are a starting point as I'm not able to stay stable for over 1 hr with any configuration I run . If your stable then lower the Additional Turbo Voltage till it fails.

Is your PLL on?

I've switched my testing tools , IntelBurn Test v2 2.50 & AIDA64 Extreme and I'M error free , Passed no issues... Memtest Passed just fine.;)

1.30v max on load , 56c max on load with IntelBurn Test man that cooks the temps more than any others and I see It uses 96% of the ram while on max. Now why is Prime giving me errors everytime ?:confused:

1502 Bios Used.

Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
BCLK/PEG Freq: 100.0
Turbo Ratio: "45"
Internal PLL Overvoltage: Disabled
Memory Freq: DDR3-1866 MHz
EPU Power Saving Mode: Disabled
Dram Timing Control: 8-9-8-24-1T
Load Line Calibration: Regular
VRM Frequency: Manual = 350
Phase Control: Extreme
Duty Control: Extreme
CPU Voltage: Offset Mode
Offset Sign: +
Offset Voltage: 0.050
DRAM Voltage: 1.65
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled

Advanced Menu:
CPU Configuration:

CPU Ratio: Auto
Intel Adaptive Thermal Monitoring: Enabled
Hyperthreading: Enabled
Active Processor Cores: All
Limit CPUID Max: Disabled
Execute Disabled Bit: Enabled
Intel Virtualization Tech: Disabled
Enhanced Speedstep Tech: Enabled
Turbo Mode: Enabled
CPU C1E: Enabled
CPU C3 Report: Enabled
CPU C6 Report: Enabled

I'm 15 hours stable on prime95 blend so far, with offset mode

Right now, with full load i'm at 1.368 volts, with an ambient temp of 22-23C (72-74F) my max temp has been 84C on the h70 with stock fans, one of which i have a resistor on, though right now its at 78C.

Now, yesterday, i had manual settings and 1.395 going on, stable 14 hours, then around hour 16 i had a bsod 124.. so since then i put in these offset settings.. shall see if i survive 24 hours like this.. cant see how though, since the max volts are less than the 1.395 so far?

Is there a way using real temp or cpuz to see the voltages over time on a graph or listing?
Can offset be used at 5.0ghz.. ie: since LLC is set to regular in this case?

1305 bios, b3 deluxe
Here are my 4.8ghz settings:

Turbo Ratio: "48"
Internal PLL Overvoltage: auto
Memory Freq: 1600mhz

Dram Timing Control: your ram specs here
VRM Frequency: auto
Phase Control: defaults (not extreme)
Duty Control: defaults
Offset Voltage: 0.125
DRAM Voltage: your ram volts

Advanced Menu:
CPU Configuration:

Intel Virtualization Tech: Enabled

Last edited:
I'm 15 hours stable on prime95 blend so far, with offset mode

Right now, with full load i'm at 1.368 volts, with an ambient temp of 22-23C (72-74F) my max temp has been 84C on the h70 with stock fans, one of which i have a resistor on, though right now its at 78C.

Now, yesterday, i had manual settings and 1.395 going on, stable 14 hours, then around hour 16 i had a bsod 124.. so since then i put in these offset settings.. shall see if i survive 24 hours like this.. cant see how though, since the max volts are less than the 1.395 so far?

Is there a way using real temp or cpuz to see the voltages over time on a graph or listing?
Can offset be used at 5.0ghz.. ie: since LLC is set to regular in this case?

1305 bios, b3 deluxe
Here are my 4.8ghz settings:

Turbo Ratio: "48"
Internal PLL Overvoltage: auto
Memory Freq: 1600mhz

Dram Timing Control: your ram specs here
VRM Frequency: auto
Phase Control: defaults (not extreme)
Duty Control: defaults
Offset Voltage: 0.125
DRAM Voltage: your ram volts

Advanced Menu:
CPU Configuration:

Intel Virtualization Tech: Enabled

I'm also at 1.368v for 4.8ghz but my offset is .140, how is it that yours is 0.125? The differences with my settings are that I have PLL on, VRM set to 350, Phase and Duty control on Extreme and Intel Virtualisation off. If you do that, does it decrease your voltages? I'm curious now.

Just for the helluva it-

If you have a 4pin and 8pin atx12v CPU lines off your power supply try switching what you're using now with the other line.
I'm curious to see if there's a difference with your volt requirements to the CPU.

for your reference, i can run prime all day long (without error) at 5 ghz and never get hotter than 67 to 68c - 1.408

Back