Official 660Ti Overclocking Thread

good news there HOOD.

Anyone else here getting good overclocks on the core but crap with memory? Seems kind of rare to see memory clock less than the core.

Unless I am doing something wrong here I can only seem to get my memory to around +200 while +210 on the core. Temps were still below 70c so I bumped core voltage to +50 and memory voltage to +20 just to get those numbers stable.

Also curious as to the the steps some of you take while overclocking these keplers. I have been taking the approach of maxing out a stable core overclock first before even touching memory. Maybe that's my issue with memory. I'm maxing out core so much that there just isn't much left to oc the memory much without cranking up voltage and creating more heat and sending up the power% too high.

does anyone happen to have a stock MSI 660ti PE vanilla bios (NOT THE OC BIOS)? Had a bit of a mishap and forgot to backup my default bios.

maybe I will try the unlock voltage BIOS. Maybe it'll fix the other issues I'm having. Debating if I should return it. Should be easy enough since I have a support email from gigabyte saying return it, but I don't really feel like going to the store and looking like a douche for returning a 2nd 670 for issues that somebody not so ocd wouldn't even notice :D. With heaven maxed, but 4xaa I only go from 57 to 62 at 1250/+400mem. Still if I wouldn't known before hand that gigabyte didn't at all bin, or at least get there hands in the cookie jar with nvidia I'd of for sure spent the extra 40 on an Asus top. What if I wanted to water cool this thing. The way the boost is working in it would make it a total flake under water.

EDIT: WOW ! I have no idea why this worked, but I flashed my card to a 1.212v modded bios from oc.net and boom runs 1202 constant and still never breaks 60. I have no idea WTF happened I had bios F10 then updated to F12. Problem continued. I switched to F12 modded and works now. Everyone says kepler automatically determines its boost clocks. This bios I have says it will run 1202 max boost and it does for everyone who has it. People with sli cards running at different clocks should try flashing the bios from 1 to the other and see what happens. I certainly will be if I grab another card.

The flash is pretty sweet, if I did go 670, it would have to be FTW though...

Good to see it worked out for you.

does anyone happen to have a stock MSI 660ti PE vanilla bios (NOT THE OC BIOS)? Had a bit of a mishap and forgot to backup my default bios.

I have 660TI PE non OC cards. Is there a way for me to get the bios off of them and send to you? I'd be willing to help out if I can.

Curses!

My replacement card from Galaxy (which runs pretty well and pretty quiet, I must say) clocks the same on the core in Heaven (won't break 1200). It can at least do 7000 on memory, which I'm happy about, but it looks like the monster overclock has eluded me again.

How are y'all getting these ridiculous 1300 numbers anyhow?

I'm going to be reinstalling Windows later to rid myself of any AMD ghosts on my computer to see if that makes any difference, but I'm not holding my breath (it's not a terrible result anyhow, and I already max out everything at my resolution, so I'm happy)

EDIT: Also, is it normal that Heaven crashes even when GPU power is only at 65-70%? Does that still mean unstable overclock or could that be something else?
1195/7250. ASIC 68.7%. My card sucks. That is all.

Back