OEM CPU

mis3

Gawd
I am waiting for a E8400 and my local store just called me that they have received only the OEM version of this processor.

Is OEM any good? I do plan to put on a Freezer Pro 7.

OEM is no different than a retail boxed cpu as far as function. the only difference is the warranty period.

I thought the only difference is with or without HSF.

How does the waranty differ?

One year is not too bad. I plan to OC moderately, 3.3 GHz....

Would you buy a OEM CPU?

as soon as u overclock warranty is nulled . so it doesn't matter if u buy oem or retail.

yes i would buy oem , costs less than retail .

If the price of the 8400 is good then get it. I got mine for 190 and love it. See how high the prices have gone and can't believe it.

I can get an OEM E8400 in Toronto for $209, this is a $50 reduction than the boxed verison.

I have had a few PC over the years and they all had boxed CPU. I usually OC moderately, 10-20% increase in FSB but I never had a CPU which went bad on me yet. I guess an OEM will be fine.

it's when you make a mistake. ;)

there was a thread in here on that . there was lot of technical mumbo jumbo . so long story short , there is a circuit on which some residue is left by passing of current. so if more current passes ( overclocked ) than intel had anticipated , they know that the cpu was overclocked.

there was a thread in here on that . there was lot of technical mumbo jumbo . so long story short , there is a circuit on which some residue is left by passing of current. so if more current passes ( overclocked ) than intel had anticipated , they know that the cpu was overclocked.
kinda like the anti tip stuff in the stuffed animal machines.:D

Back