Odd issue, looking for input

todlerix

2[H]4U
I have a rare occurring stuttering issue. Though stuttering might be understatement, the computer halts for about 30-40 seconds in total with small 'blips' in between.

For example I was playing league of legends and the video/audio/cursor (everything) halted completely, 8-10 seconds pass and i get a few frames jump forward a small chunk of audio and a cursor update it then halts again. It does this 3-4 times each time the same then it goes back to normal.

Its also occurred just when browsing the net using chrome; I was at newegg to buy starcraft 2, I went to move the cursor and the machine did the same thing as mentioned above, minus the audio due to no audio being played.

Its happened about four times in the last couple months. I've run memtest and prime95 overnight without error.

Anyone have thoughts?

note: I've disabled the overclock to see if the problem continues to occur.

Specs in sig

Might be a HDD issue:
[Testing the Hard Drive]
Download the CD image of Hitachi Drive Fitness Test, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP/Vista install CD. Test the hard drive and see if any problems are found. DFT will run on most manufacturers' hard drives. Alternatively, you can use Seagate's SeaTools for DOS to test a Seagate or Maxtor drive. For a Western Digital drive, you could use Data Lifeguard Tools for DOS to test a Western Digital drive.

Might be a HDD issue:
[Testing the Hard Drive]
Download the CD image of Hitachi Drive Fitness Test, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP/Vista install CD. Test the hard drive and see if any problems are found. DFT will run on most manufacturers' hard drives. Alternatively, you can use Seagate's SeaTools for DOS to test a Seagate or Maxtor drive. For a Western Digital drive, you could use Data Lifeguard Tools for DOS to test a Western Digital drive.

applies to SSDs?

Double check and make sure you have all your motherboard drivers installed, especially the controller driver.

Back