Odd hardlocking

Finsta

Gawd
Greetings all,
My PC has been [H]ardlocking. Vista bluescreens and hardlocks or segfaults in linux. (heh) lately. It's been working on and off for a while now. I tested the RAM via Memtest86+ and CPU through mprime (I'm a linux junkie) and all is clear. I also reseated the 7000Alcu I have. It idles at about 38C though and hasn't been a problem for the last few years. Any ideas?

Thanks

What are the stop errors?

Just a guess, but maybe check your voltages.. could be a flaky psu....

Alright, bump but yeah. So I tried a cheapo 420W PSU and my usual Antec 430W True Power. Both hardlock the box. RAM and CPU are supposedly fine from what testing I did so, PSU suggestions anybody? Cheapo PSU pushed out 11.2V on 12V and the Antec did 11.3V

How long did you run memtest? If you have multiple sticks of RAM, run Memtest on each stick of RAM separately.

Also, it would help if you could list out the specs of your rig.

How long did you run memtest? If you have multiple sticks of RAM, run Memtest on each stick of RAM separately.

Also, it would help if you could list out the specs of your rig.
2.8ghz Northwood 800mhz FSB

2x 512MB of PC3500, HyperX

GigaByte 8KNXP

Antec True430.

I'm most likely gonna buy a new PSU and see if that's the thing as voltages are too low for my likings (11.3V on the +12V line, that would most likely cause instability). And also, if there's a memtest error, there's an error. It doesn't matter if you run both sticks or not at the same time, it's more efficient to do it as a whole first because if there's an error, you just saved yourself half the testing time for each individual stick. I ran for 12 hours.

And also, if there's a memtest error, there's an error. It doesn't matter if you run both sticks or not at the same time, it's more efficient to do it as a whole first because if there's an error, you just saved yourself half the testing time for each individual stick. I ran for 12 hours.

True, but if only one stick is bad, you can leave the other stick in so you can figure out if you have any other problems.

True, but if only one stick is bad, you can leave the other stick in so you can figure out if you have any other problems.
Yes but both sticks are fine. I just ordered a new PSU, we'll see how that fares.

Back