Odd display issue, lines on screen on startup, remain with no input

CaptainMorgan

[H]ollywood
Long story short, my Viewsonic exhibited the sames lines pictured below, but horizontally.

Great, I thought, after testing and removing the display port cable, the lines stayed on the screen. Bad monitor right?

Wellll, hooked up my Asus. Worked great for a day or so, then lines appeared on boot. These lines do go away after about 3 minutes.

I am stumped, lines stay on the screen again, with no input into the monitor. For this to happen to 2 monitors makes me think power issue?

Attachments

• 20231127_055215.jpg
    20231127_055215.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Maybe the video card is faulty and damaging the monitors? Or the PSU is faulty and damaged the video card which then damaged the two monitors.

You think voltage could pass through the DP to the extent of damaging the monitors?

Edit: I ordered a voltage regulating UPS.

I've had a second monitor plugged in via HDMI during these two monitors having issues, and it's been fine. It's also plugged into a different outlet.

The current monitors with issues are plugged into an older Belkin heavy duty power strip.

Last edited:
Try a different port then a different cable and if still try different driver or GPU or monitor.

Tried new cable, and also added a UPS.

If I turn on the computer with the monitor on, I get the weird lines for maybe 3 minutes.

Once I get the lines, I can remove the DP cable and they stay on the screen.

If I have the monitor turned off, then power on the computer first, so far, the lines don't show up.

GPU is an Nvidia 3090.

Almost wonder if on startup, the GPU is sending some weird voltages through DP or something that's causing the monitors to spazz out. The HDMI monitor hooked up does not exhibit the lines.

Back