• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

OCZ Vector 128GB MLC SSD $80

Fooshnik

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
2,922
Link. These seem to have a high failure rate, even though they're supposed to be OCZ's "new and improved" drive.
 
Not a bad price for a 128GB drive, but lot's of complaints about the drive failing. Sounds like a bit of a gamble to me.
 
Dang this sucks, I could really use a drive that side.

Good news is this may be the start of other brands going cheaper.
 
Heh, one year ago..."They aren't like the older OCZ drives that are prone to failure"
Now..."They aren't like the older OCZ drives that weren't prone to failure"
 
I'll never buy an OCZ p.o.s. ssd again. I had one fail after a few months and the 'new' updated one was one of those that were actually slower than the one I returned. It ended up dying on me about a year later. No thanks.
 
The company's on the verge of extinction so anyone buying an OCZ despite the warnings gets what they deserves, as in no company left to service the warranty when the thing dies.
 
OCZ is the bottom feeder of the computer hardware market. I've had their products from SSD's to power supplies and everyone has either failed or under performed. I for one am glad they are going under. I hate to see people loose their jobs but their name brand and reputation is just awful.
 
OCZ use to make some bad ass stuff... kind of makes me feel bad for them.
 
Back
Top