OCZ Unveils many new badass SSD's

Oh yea, the EX or reg pro? Have you guys ever heard of anyone putting a Intel G2 SSD in a recent Macbook, or PS3?

AFAIK Anand has tested both the current Vertex line and the X25-M G2 on his Macbook, flip thru some of his articles... He talked about how he replaced the X25-M w/the Vertex in one of the last articles (tho not the most recent) to see how far Indillix had come. There was also something about there being a MB-specific version of the Vertex and whatnot.

The Vertex 2 looked promising judging from Anand's article on it, but he also mentioned it'd be more expensive than current-gen drives so it's probably not gonna be for the vast majority of us... So it doesn't like like any of those announcements will really have an impact on current pricing. I'd pay a lil' premium for a USB 3.0 SSD tho, 'specially if they throw in a USB controller card to sweeten the deal, heh.

Whenever I end up upgrading my laptop to an SSD I'll probably want an external drive to carry some movies and work around, but something as small as 64GB would probably be sufficient to supplement the 40-80GB drive I put inside the laptop itself. Knowing that as an SSD I can toss it around w/less fear of jostling it would be nice, plus the transfer speed boost for large movie files and such.

I read through the article. It looks like a great drive, but did lose in gaming benchmark slightly to my drive. I'll prolly wait for Intel's response.

Yeah, that's potentially a much bigger announcement as it'll have more of an effect on pricing.

Back