OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS Question

whoiskb

n00b
I am currently looking at the OCZ StealthXStream OCZ600SXS PSU from NewEgg. I notice in the reviews that a few people mention the length of the cables being a problem, while some say they have no problems.

What are the determing factors in this? I currently have the antec 300 case which has the PSU at the bottom. I don't have a mother board yet, so how much of a factor will that be?

Any insight would be great.

Thanks
Kevin

The main problem with bottom mounted psu is that the cords weren't designed for them.

You will have trouble feeding power to the motherboard, specifically the 8pin connector at the top left of the mobo. For me the 24pin ATX is almost just perfect to reach the connector. And my devices(DVD rom) at the top of the case are at the edge of my range for the psu.

All in all, its all reachable, but you need to do some creative feeding. I have my 8 pin sandwiched between my video card and motherboard, so when i want to swap out my psu, I have to dismantle the entire setup to get that cable back out. And being at the edge of your range means you'll have less options in terms of cable management, but thats not a feature in the 300 anyways.

Hope you enjoy your new system.

the cables will reach your parts in ur case..i just grabbed the 300 a few days ago - i have an 900 aswell; and im using the gamexstream line of psu's and they reach everything in my a900, and the 300 is smaller..so youll be fine.

Factors for people having problems with cable length:
- Too short
- Too long

Simple as that. What would a motherboard be a factor in?

Oh and don't bother with that StealthXStream PSU. There are much better quality Power supplies out there for the price, like this Antec Neopower 650 for $75:
Antec NeoPower 650 650W Modular PSU - $75

I built my new rig with the same case and psu, I ended up buying an extention cord kit for the Motherboard 24pin wires and the cpu 8 pin wires although I didnt have to.

The cpu power wire was very close to the 4850. Major worry was the big caution sign near the copper peice on the hsf of the 4850 that was too close to the power cable. Like I said it can be done, but it won't be elegant. The 24 pin mobo cable did not bode much trouble.

I agree that there are better psus, but for 50 bucks, I thought it was a steal. (inc extensions, onther 5 bucks from ebay.

If i have some pics pre-extension i will link that to yah.

Factors for people having problems with cable length:
- Too short
- Too long

Simple as that. What would a motherboard be a factor in?

Oh and don't bother with that StealthXStream PSU. There are much better quality Power supplies out there for the price, like this Antec Neopower 650 for $75:
Antec NeoPower 650 650W Modular PSU - $75

Valid point, not to mention a big thanks to Antec for putting the PSU where it belongs, not sucking hot air from the CPU. No more case modding for common sense;)

Back