OCZ Platinum DDR2 2GB (2x1GB) PC2-6400 800MHz Dual Channel Kit $140 shipped AR

Its not stated but the ram is rated at 2.1 volts FYI. Pretty important for certain Intel boards.

do these work with the gigabyte DS3? and what overclocks do they get? i need like 950-975

They worked for me with the DS3 at 1.8v if running them at 533MHz. (I had a Celeron in my rig until my E6400 arrived.) If you're running them at 800MHz (your proc is 800MHz FSB or higher) you need a 1.8v stick you can use to post, get into the BIOS, and up the RAM voltage to 2.1v. Some people have reported the F4c BIOS fixes the problem, but I can't verify that.

the original link was for platinum sticks of ram... the price has gone up by $20. just happened yesterday. how do i know? because i was supposed to buy them. got my check in yesterday, drive almost an hour to buy it at fry's, oh... it's 199 -50mir, i'll just go to outpost then... and what do you know... price went up on outpost. crap... always happens to me. ;p same with the x850xt's on newegg... i go on to buy and ummm there's no more rebate. crud... ;p

tvdang7 said:
do these work with the gigabyte DS3? and what overclocks do they get? i need like 950-975

i wouldnt get these for the DS3. unstable at the moment.

I had mine on my DS3 fine. All you need is an $18 stick of el cheapo PC4200 to get into the BIOS, change VDIMM to 2.0 and swap it - no big deal. Decent RAM for the price.

I have been reading about these ocz kits and, everyone says you pretty much have to run it at 2v right? I see lots of problems with asus mobo's but is this the case for all others? or more specifically, i just got a biostar tforce5500

Platinum is better than the Gold OCZ sticks. In reality, you won't really notice a difference though. Maybe a few points on a benchmark.

These need to be run at 4-5-4-15-2T 2.1v. If you alter the timings and voltages, I wouldn't guarantee stability. As long as you follow the specified timings/voltages, it will work fine.

Does anyone have a copy of the rebate form for this?

I can't find mine =(

tvdang7 said:

I have them in a Gigabyte DS3.

1). The By SPD timings are 5-5-5-15 instead of 4-5-4-?

2). At 5-5-5 they run at DDR2 1000 speed with 2.0V in my computer with no stability issues.

3). They booted fine at 1.8V default with the 5-5-5 timings noted earlier. Didn't try booting at 4-5-4 with 1.8V

You won't notice the difference between gold and plat sticks in real life. But if you OC, you will.

Back