OCZ Octane Release Date?

isiTrue

Limp Gawd
I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on when these drives will be released. It was supposed to me November 1st, but now all is quiet.

I've been itching to buy an SSD for a while now, and the release of this drive, combined with Black Friday, would really make prices competitive across the board.

Sigh.

OCZ paper released those drives on November 1st. According to their sales department, we likely won't see them available for purchase in stores for aprox. 2 months.

So hopefully you can wait til the end of the year.

My advice? Just buy the Crucial M4.

That's actually the very same drive that I was thinking about buying. Now for the price to come down some more.

Would you happen to know how the Corsair Force GT compares to the M4 in terms of reliability and speed? Newegg had a shell-shocker deal on the GT a couple weeks ago or so; I didn't go for it because the OCZ drives were supposed to be released. :mad:

Thanks.

Corsair Force GT = Sandforce controller. Make of that what you will...and who knows if they have the BSOD-fixing firmware that OCZ has...

The only drives that compare with the M4 in terms of reliability and speed would be the Intel 510 and maybe the OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS now that they have the BSOD fix.

Back