OCZ Core Series V2 announced

Kaldskryke

[H]ard|Gawd
Looks like OCZ is wasting no time. link.

I wonder if they've managed to resolve the issues with sustained writes that the first Core Series had. If prices have fallen also, these drives will be very tempting.

Let's hope this means that the sustained write problem was specific to the first version of the drives.

lol, like I'd buy one after all of the problems the first version had and the assumptions they made about certain settings being made. Besides, v3 will probably be out by Thanksgiving anyways...

Interesting, it has a Mini-USB port embedded into the drive! Pretty much makes it an "Internal-External" sort of SSD, doesn't it? Nifty feature, hopefully it won't adversely affect performance when connected to SATA interfaces.

Interesting, it has a Mini-USB port embedded into the drive! Pretty much makes it an "Internal-External" sort of SSD, doesn't it? Nifty feature, hopefully it won't adversely affect performance when connected to SATA interfaces.

Per the article, the USB port is for firmware updates, not data transfer. Which is an interesting idea in and of itself - I like the idea that they could give out performance enhancing firmware later on, but it also brings up nasty ideas like shipping with bad firmware because they know they can update later, or firmware updates that corrupt data, etc.

Also interesting that they've adjusted the sizes downwards to account for space used by wear levelling, etc.

Fingers crossed they've got fixes for all the issues, these are getting to a price point that I'd consider very reasonable.

Yeah, I'm ticked off about this- It hasn't even been 2 months since I got my drives and they haven't resolved any of the issues yet. Still waiting on my RMA'd drives. I'm so freaking ticked :mad::mad::mad::mad:

this is why I stop buying ocz ram and stuff. Cheap. It quality is never there.

I'm waiting till 2009 to jump on SSD bandwagon...by then they will have higher capacities at lower prices...raid will probably work and a lot of the kinks will be worked out. BitMicro is already making 1.6tb flash drives in a 3.5in form factor. So I cant wait to see what happens over the next 6 months.

Yeah, I'm ticked off about this- It hasn't even been 2 months since I got my drives and they haven't resolved any of the issues yet. Still waiting on my RMA'd drives. I'm so freaking ticked :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Maybe you'll get lucky and they will send you the V2 stuff?

Yep, just as I predicted, OCZ dropped the ball on the first version and user get shafted with a new version already. Sooner than I thought. I guess they don't want the bad word to spread further and on their other products.
Way to go!
US buyers will probably get some price vouchers from the better shops to "ease" their pain.
They are the most widespread and the loudest on the web after all :)

OCZ, in the future please test your products with some user base before release and don't trust the manufacturer that everything is exceptional and working a.O.K.

Sad. But I hope they learn from their mistakes.
They can make 1000 of different type products under their brand and go about it like they are still re-branding pretested memory. More effort is required...

Back