OCZ Agility 60gb - $170 AR @ newegg

ordovician

2[H]4U
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...27461&cm_sp=DailyDeal-_-20-227-461-_-Homepage

Eat it up before the mob at SD finds it.

EDIT: It's at ZZF for $126 after some doing!
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=10010538&prodlist=celebros

Credit goes to Engineer_TA.

Engineer_TA said:
If you get the order over $200 on the Agility and use eBillme (use your bank's online bill pay to pay the bill, no credit checks, etc) to pay, you can use coupon valentine20 for an additional $20 off. If you go through the 2% Bing cash back link, that's another $4.00 off. Potentially making this $126.00 with FREE shipping after rebate,Bing and eBillme.

Darn, I wish there were not the 50 post requirement to post in Hot Deals!

Last edited:
Good deal, and low rebate. Would've bought this but I just bought a X25-M 80gb on fleabay. IMO jump from a hdd->any ssd is so big that it really doesn't matter that much which ssd you get. Or so I've heard :)

I have the 120 GB version of the Agility. With the new 1.5 firmware, the thing keeps flying with no degradation over time. Love it!

This is by no means a bad price, but I got this for $169-$40 mir at a shell shocker a few weeks ago.

Do I even need to say I want another 60GB SSD for $120 deal?? I missed it.

Looks like Egg has the 30G solid2 & agility for $99 after MIR as well. Obviously you should go for the agility since they are the same drive but agility has faster clocked memory.

$150 AR??? That's flipping HOT. Wow. They were saying that OCZ was going to be the most aggressive at attacking bang/buck on the SSD front, and this is one heck of a drive for $150. These are now comfortably in the pricing arena of any upper-midrange enthusiast. No reason not to throw an OS on one of these drives.

If you check out the Slickdeals forum Here I guess you can save an additional $20 through eBillMe shopping at ZZF.

Does anybody know anything about this service?

It's basically just another type of credit service. It works and there's nothing shady involved, but some people get concerned over the initial credit check and potential credit score hit. Personally, I wouldn't bother with it either.

The 120GB seems to have the same specs. Is the 60GB enough capacity to get the most out of this design? I know the Intel 80 is about as fast as the Intel 160, but I've read a little and understand this isn't always the case.

Some of the slickdealers seem to imply there is no credit worries with eBillme, and that people have it confused with BillMeLater..... but I am looking to buy a house, I'd have to be almost 100% sure there is no credit influence at all. It's confusing. I don't even want to PAY OFF my student loan, because I've read things are a lot more convoluted then they seem (don't close your oldest accounts etc.)

Nice!, Ebillme is not a credit based deal; You sign up, order using ebillme, they send instructions, you pay, ZZF ships. Its supposed to be more secure than paypal/other payment options.

go to ebillme site and they tell you everything, they give out coupons all the time; I have a $25 one through TD no minimum purchase, sometimes they do their own rebates. I have used it once so far on another deal and went smooth as butter. This makes for a better deal than the newegg shell shocker they had a few weeks ago.

Question though would be, are the new solid 2 drives better, are they prepping to lower prices to bring out new drives, would it be good to wait a little longer? SATA III soon?

heads up, just noticed on the MC site it initially says "You Save: $40.00
After Rebate: $179.99 after rebate savings"

If you click on the rebate form it says "Rebate Details
$30.00 OCZ Technology mail-in rebate"

$30.00 or $40.00?

Base price is 249.99 - $40 instant rebate(209.99) - $30 MIR for 179.99. I believe.

ZZF is still $20 less even without eBillMe

The 120GB seems to have the same specs. Is the 60GB enough capacity to get the most out of this design? I know the Intel 80 is about as fast as the Intel 160, but I've read a little and understand this isn't always the case.

Some of the slickdealers seem to imply there is no credit worries with eBillme, and that people have it confused with BillMeLater..... but I am looking to buy a house, I'd have to be almost 100% sure there is no credit influence at all. It's confusing. I don't even want to PAY OFF my student loan, because I've read things are a lot more convoluted then they seem (don't close your oldest accounts etc.)

Oops, you're right. I'm thinking of BillMeLater. Gah ...

This is by no means a bad price, but I got this for $169-$40 mir at a shell shocker a few weeks ago.

Speak of the devil. It's now at $169 - $40 MIR again. Bite quick and bite hard.

Couldn't help but order one for myself at this price, though my wallet's already hating me. I went to England for two weeks and my 120GB Agility was missing when I got back. Granted I had a very trusted friend RMA some parts for me, but I think it may have been stolen by someone else. Regardless, 60GB should be plenty anyway. Great deal! :cool:

Speak of the devil. It's now at $169 - $40 MIR again. Bite quick and bite hard.

Couldn't help but order one for myself at this price, though my wallet's already hating me. I went to England for two weeks and my 120GB Agility was missing when I got back. Granted I had a very trusted friend RMA some parts for me, but I think it may have been stolen by someone else. Regardless, 60GB should be plenty anyway. Great deal! :cool:

awesomeness! just cancelled my zipzoomfly order... this one's a little nicer on my wallet.

How I wish I had money! I guess once I can finally afford to upgrade my computer, the deals will only be better... or I could hope.

been waiting and waiting. happily jumped on a 60 gig deal @ this price0. I also got the monitor. That hurt$. . . but I'm happy

Jumped on the last one & just jumped on this one.

This makes me owner of:
2 * 30G vertex
2 * 60G agility
1 * 60G vertex
1 * 120G summit (terrible drive)

It's an addiction I tell ya!

After reading other post I am just not happy with their so called rebates.
Check card that you have to manually total and spend at least 45 minutes to cancel.
that is bs.
Overdraft out the A so watch it if you get one.
No where does it state your obligation on this.
But dealing with any credit card you will get F'd

Send me a check OCZ and I will buy one...better yet quit the damn rebates and sell me something.

After reading other post I am just not happy with their so called rebates.
Check card that you have to manually total and spend at least 45 minutes to cancel.
that is bs.
Overdraft out the A so watch it if you get one.
No where does it state your obligation on this.
But dealing with any credit card you will get F'd

Send me a check OCZ and I will buy one...better yet quit the damn rebates and sell me something.

I have deposited these in the bank before without issue. Also: It's only $40. Fill your car once or twice and you are good to go.

is it better than x25-V, performance wise?

In my opinion, no. I have the X25-M G2 160GB and X25-V 40GB, and owned the Vertex 60GB and Solid Series 60GB. Depends what you consider performance.. in daily use I prefer my X25-V. For certain benchmarks, Agility all the way. They're all fast enough it's subjective but if anything is faster than another by feel, it's the Intel.

I bit. I've got a 160gb Intel X-25M in my desktop, and have been wanting a drive for the laptop. At this price, I really couldn't say no.

Pulled the trigger, thank you for posting. Wanted intel but can't afford the 80 and the extra 20gb over the intel 40 will let me install a game or two.

I keep reading about enabling AHCI, is that required to run SSD? This is a nice price for a 60gb SSD drive but would I be able to use it to the full potential or would my evga 780i hold it back?

You don't need AHCI for good speed on an SSD, I use my 40GB Kingston/Intel on a board that doesn't have it and it's fast. I haven't benched it or anything, so don't flame, all I know is it's damned fast.

MAN I lined out their online help person.
I put this in my cart along with about a grand of HD and hit chek out and it gives me a message saying this has been removed from your cart due to availability.
WTF
so I get them in chat....sir maybe that item is no longer available. SO I ADD IT TO CART FINE but when I hit check out it removes it ...what kind of BS is that.

well we show it as in stock and available for purchase. I go back and add it again....SAME THING
I AM GETTING MORE AND MORE PISSED
I then hit back and then check out and its in my cart and submitted...their site or they were trying some bs don't know

anyway egg sucks LOL
hope I don't get a box of rocks

Do I even need to say I want another 60GB SSD for $120 deal?? I missed it.

Expletive. I got my wish and missed it. In between posting last night and posting this morning, I missed it.(Seems to be OOS)

:Edit: I must have been looking at the wrong drive... I'm pretty sure it was OOS when I looked at it 30 minutes ago.

Last edited:
Back