OCZ 1000w Modular Gold PSU for 109 AMIR

Its a single rail so that's a plus, but I beg to differ. OCZ PSU are usually shit.

I try to stay away from all OCZ products. Had a PC P&C power supply (before they got acquired by OCZ), last year it started randomly shutting off. RMA'ed it and they sent me back the same PSU, with the same problem. RMA'ed it again and they did the same thing, AGAIN. :rolleyes: Gave up and bought an Antec.

I try to stay away from all OCZ products. Had a PC P&C power supply (before they got acquired by OCZ), last year it started randomly shutting off. RMA'ed it and they sent me back the same PSU, with the same problem. RMA'ed it again and they did the same thing, AGAIN. :rolleyes:

Yeap, Ive got a SSD that's never done me any harm but I just got done doing a pretty extreme search for a new PSU. Did a bunch of research on the most prominent brands and from what I've seen I wouldnt touch one for any kind of a decent rig. Although I cant complain I got my HX1050 BNIB for $40.00 more on [H] forums so Im spoiled haha.

I try to stay away from all OCZ products. Had a PC P&C power supply (before they got acquired by OCZ), last year it started randomly shutting off. RMA'ed it and they sent me back the same PSU, with the same problem. RMA'ed it again and they did the same thing, AGAIN. :rolleyes: Gave up and bought an Antec.
PC P&C used to be a pretty cool company... not so much now.

I was in the market for a PSU a couple weeks ago and was looking at this one...after asking on this forum and another one, I was advised to avoid this one. So I went with a Seasonic-built XFX 750w instead.

I have read alot of good reviews on ocz psu's recently. some say they are overpriced, but they perform well. Imo, 5 year warranty is enough to pay 109.especially on a1000watt gold cert psu

I have read alot of good reviews on ocz psu's recently. some say they are overpriced, but they perform well. Imo, 5 year warranty is enough to pay 109.especially on a1000watt gold cert psu

5-year warranty from OCZ = meaningless

Getting OCZ to RMA something these days is a horror show - just read around these and other forums - and based on how they seem to be swirling down the drain I wouldn't assume they'd even exist in 5 years to honor that warranty. That and they OEM their PSU's so you don't know what you're getting under the hood until you actually open it up and see.

I only buy Seasonic now after learning too many lessons with PSU's.

Last edited:
I only buy Seasonic now after learning too many lessons with PSU's.

Same here! Seasonic or corsair are the only two brands I reccomend. The rig in my sig has had the same seasonic PSU for the past 4 or 5 years. Zero issues with it.

Its a single rail so that's a plus, but I beg to differ. OCZ PSU are usually shit.

The newer ones offer good bang for the buck. They aren't as good as the old pre buy out PCP&C PSU's nor Corsair's stuff but they higher quality than what you'd get from Tt, FSP, and most of what Antec sells these days. Solid mid range PSU's for a good price is more accurate.

Moral of this story. Stick to a corsair or seasonic built PSU if you love your system.

The PSU is one of if not THE most important part in your rig, why take a chance. Even if its a 5 y/o warranty are they going to pay for whatever else it destroys when it go's? Probably not.

Back