Oculus headband rear infrared array

Sonicks

[H]ard|Gawd
Anyone experience a problem with that rigid, infrared array, on the back of the head strap coming unglued or unstuck?

upload_2018-5-16_22-24-15.png

I've always grabbed that back part of the head strap to stretch it over my head and this evening the thing just popped, almost like a snap. I didn't get a picture of how far away it gets from the strap but I can clearly see a thin ribbon cable in there and I do not want it to break the cable.

Should I just try something like super glue and take my chance that way? It looks like there is a little notch on the inside to get the plastic pieces to snap together but it doesn't matter how hard i apply pressure, the thing won't click in place (it does a little but then snaps out on the smallest bend).

We have a few damaged ones at the office, and I think one even taken down to bits. I can check in the morning to verify how it attaches. I remember reassembling a couple damaged ones into a working one, including reinstalling the back assembly, but I just can't picture it for some reason. Don't think it was an issue though as that headset is still in use today.

Back